Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pere / George... duh, probably shouldn't read and work at the same time.

I think GL is going to feel like OYL, but the Batuniverse seems crazy.

Comment

• I just hope Nicieza gives us a convincing reason for Dick to go back to the Nightwing identity in Batman #710. Though I suppose Grant could in Inc...but I doubt it since delaying Inc. post-relaunch kinda sounds like he has to rewrite some of it to sync with the rest of the titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by lanternut View Post
        Pere / George... duh, probably shouldn't read and work at the same time.

I think GL is going to feel like OYL, but the Batuniverse seems crazy.
        It does seem that way. I hope the Superman books aren't this scattered in direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
          It does seem that way. I hope the Superman books aren't this scattered in direction.
          Just means sitting through Sups origin yet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
            I just hope Nicieza gives us a convincing reason for Dick to go back to the Nightwing identity in Batman #710. Though I suppose Grant could in Inc...but I doubt it since delaying Inc. post-relaunch kinda sounds like he has to rewrite some of it to sync with the rest of the titles.
            Yeah I was thinking the same... due to the relaunch alot of rewrites to stories that were in the can. I know Gail was planning on doing something with Batgirl/Barbara Gordon once they had that "Death of Oracle" arc, but there are books like Red Robin, Wonder Woman, and Legion that had ongoing stories that seemed to be cut short to make way for this big relaunch.
            Rockstar Social Club: CircusRock || XBL: Aquaman Returns

Comment

• a long, flashchat convo showing how i feel about this "relaunch"

***[JohnnyV] 5:33 pm: and does anyone else think this whole DC relaunch is fucktarded? Now if it was a "reboot", that would be intruiging
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:34 pm: Hangover 2 fucking rocked
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:34 pm: if you liked Hangover but didn't like Hangover 2...then you're doing it wrong
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:34 pm: I love some aspects
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:34 pm: and hate other aspects
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:34 pm: fucking Barbara Gordon as Batgirl
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:34 pm: it's just renumbering shit to get people excited
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:34 pm: Dick Grayson is Nightwing
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:35 pm: it's not even relaunching..it's just coming up with new titles and putting some series back to #1
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:35 pm: But I'm mostly positive for it
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:35 pm: Some?
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:35 pm: All of them
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:35 pm: so what
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:35 pm: it's just fucking stupid
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:35 pm: Plus the whole "digital" thing
              [Lantern Lounge]: ethanthunder has left at 5:35 pm
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:35 pm: now if they actually rebooted the entire universe...that would be fucking awesome
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:36 pm: but don't tell me "relaunch"
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:36 pm: you're just renumbering shit to make more money
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:36 pm: They are a business
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:36 pm: who happens to get their asses handed to them by Marvel
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:36 pm: stupid business
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:36 pm: who works in the same business
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:36 pm: bunch of nartards
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:37 pm: Are you still going to be reading DC in September?
              ***[Darth_Andrea] 5:37 pm: Sony pressconfrence starts at 8pm
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:38 pm: can't wait...honestly i'm thinking of dropping all DC because of this
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:38 pm: it's so fucking ridiculous
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:38 pm: Please do it
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:38 pm: I WILL!!!
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:38 pm: Just drop DC if you hate it that much
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:38 pm: Don't be the stereotypical comic fan who bitches
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:39 pm: i don't hate DC...just this nartarded decision
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:39 pm: then proceeds to by all the new #1s
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:39 pm: if anything i'll just buy the african batman #1...cause that sounds too fucking ridiculous not to read
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:39 pm: but it will just be that one
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:40 pm: People left Marvel when they rebooted everything and started at #1 for virtually every title
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:40 pm: yea, cause it's a stupid idea
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:40 pm: just create an "ultimates" universe or something
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:41 pm: but u hate the idea of the Ultimate Universe
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:41 pm: and you would then proceed to hate that idea as well./
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:41 pm: but i like it better than this "relaunch"
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:41 pm: yea but what's great about the ultimate universe is i can just ignore it
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:42 pm: and make fun of it for being something on the side
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:42 pm: and call out Doobie Brother Thor
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:42 pm: What's the difference?
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:43 pm: This is all made up anyways
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:43 pm: i can't just ignore this relaunch...unless i just want to stop buying DC entirely
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:43 pm: it's ridiculous
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:43 pm: Then don't buy DC in September
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:43 pm: i like Naysay's 2.0 idea better than this
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:44 pm: or here is a crazy idea
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:44 pm: cause there's no substance to this at all
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:44 pm: just a cheap ploy
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:44 pm: Why not try some of the new ongoings
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:44 pm: and see if you like it or not
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:44 pm: cause it's forced and manufactured ongoings
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:44 pm: instead of being stereotypical comic fan and blasting something before it's even come out.
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:44 pm: oh, let's make up an african batman cause we're going to put everything back to #1
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:45 pm: Make up?
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:45 pm: HE WAS IN BATMAN INC IN THE LAST ISSUE
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:45 pm: it's all bullshit
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:45 pm: and he was in a early Detective Comics story
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:45 pm: mullet Superman was a better idea than this
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:45 pm: like 200s
              ***[Darth_Andrea] 5:46 pm: Honestly I think they should have done something like this after COIE it would have made sense there or after Zero hour as the universe was remade both times We obviously
              don't know how flashpoint is going to end but if it isn't a 5th big bang the relaunch won't make much sense
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:46 pm: you are so illogical when it comes to something like this
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:46 pm: i want a story with Batman keeping his parents..or something completely new like that
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:46 pm: instead of just having the same universe but at #1
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:47 pm: it's clown shoes and bush league
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:47 pm: ****
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:47 pm: Enough
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:47 pm: and not to mention this is all a ploy so they can keep the pants on Wonder Woman
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:47 pm: and keep the rainbow corps around
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:48 pm: ...clown shoes
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:48 pm: God I hate comic fans like you.
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:48 pm: well, i hate you
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:48 pm: commie
              ****[JohnnyV] 5:49 pm: long live Marvel!!
              ****[irongreen2814] 5:49 pm: Well I can agree with that

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Anyone think they will bring Tomar-re back? He is in the movie and the animated movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
                  Anyone think they will bring Tomar-re back? He is in the movie and the animated movie.
                  Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I mean they already retconned the totally unrelated Tomar Tu into being Tomar Re's son. With a reboot (of some sort, whatever they prefer to call it) in the offing, I doubt it would be seen as that big a deal to simply change the character's name to Tomar Re and be done with it. Certainly none of the new readers they are hoping to garner would care, and given how little a role Tomar Tu has played, many of the older readers wouldn't bat much of an eye, either.

Frankly, in a reboot situation it wouldn't really bug me, either.

Comment

• I don't think George Perez would do a regular book, covers maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godmera View Post
                      I don't think George Perez would do a regular book, covers maybe.
                      I'm gunna laugh if he actually is on the book and it comes out before Teen Titans: Games.

How many Superbooks do y'all think we'll get?

Comment

• At least 5 or 6:

Action Comics
                        Superman
                        Superboy
                        Supergirl
                        Superman Man of Steel [because of the movie]
                        Superman Beyond [this might as well be on that list of West' already]

IDK if they'll do a Superman/Batman book. In my mind there are only so many stories you can write with those two and after reading up on some story-lines I see that a lot of times they weren't even the central characters....

~KL~

Comment

• Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                          Superman Beyond
                          I thought Superman Beyond was supposed to be a one-shot, leading in to a Justice League Beyond Title?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                            Superman Beyond [this might as well be on that list of West' already]
                            Superman Beyond is going to be a one-shot...though if Bleeding Cool is correct a Justice League Beyond series will spin out of it.

Comment

• Mostly great news on the Bat titles. Not sure if I like Babs as Batgirl yet. But my biggest concern is : WHERE THE FUCK IS TIM?? I'd also like to know where Stephanie and Cassandra are as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
                                Mostly great news on the Bat titles. Not sure if I like Babs as Batgirl yet. But my biggest concern is : WHERE THE FUCK IS TIM?? I'd also like to know where Stephanie and Cassandra are as well.
                                Well Babs as Batgirl might just be an extension of the Internet 3.0 thing Morrison introduced in the Batman: The Return. It fits with what Simone did with her in "The Death of Oracle" arc as well.

As for Tim, assuming he isn't erased from continuity and he isn't given his own book (which would be odd imo) I can see him popping up in Inc. again when it comes back with the whole "Red Robin and the Outsiders" thing or having more cameos in Snyder's Book.

Same goes for Cass, both Higgins/Snyder seemed pretty happy with bringing her back in Gates of Gotham so they could be planning on using her in their respective books.

No idea what the future will hold for Steph though...

Comment

Working...
                                X