Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morrison: "...Batman is very, very gay"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Morrison: "...Batman is very, very gay"

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1456878.html

    If this has been discussed elsewhere, my apologies. Interesting article.


    Another Lame Comic Blog!

  • #2
    even if he is so what?


    dude still kicks ass
    .................................................. ..........................

    Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
      even if he is so what?


      dude still kicks ass
      Well, I wasn't assigning an opinion at all in the original post, so I am not sure if your "even if he is so what" is directed at me or is a general statement. I just found the article interesting. My apologies.


      Another Lame Comic Blog!

      Comment


      • #4
        He mentions something like this in Supergods but there he focused more on hedonism.
        Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GLSteveW View Post
          Well, I wasn't assigning an opinion at all in the original post, so I am not sure if your "even if he is so what" is directed at me or is a general statement. I just found the article interesting. My apologies.
          No need to apologize.

          Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
          He mentions something like this in Supergods but there he focused more on hedonism.
          Christ, I keep forgetting to buy that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GLSteveW View Post
            Well, I wasn't assigning an opinion at all in the original post, so I am not sure if your "even if he is so what" is directed at me or is a general statement. I just found the article interesting. My apologies.
            no need to apologize gay straight or bi in the end batman still kicks ass

            thats how i look at it regardless
            .................................................. ..........................

            Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

            Comment


            • #7
              :Moderator:

              I guess that explains his multiple relationships with women and the son he has...it's all a big cover up!

              I find this absurd, but then again, it is Morrison.

              Edit: I suppose this makes Superman what? Asexual? Because while he is/was married to Lois Lane, they obviously could never have had sex without him killing her, and he likes to "hang out alone, in his Fortress of Solitude."

              I wonder if Wonder Woman is a lesbian because she comes from a place entirely populated by females...
              Maverick_GL
              Moderator
              Last edited by Maverick_GL; 04-27-2012, 02:30 AM.
              sigpic
              Winner: Reality TV draft 2014


              "Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                I guess that explains his multiple relationships with women and the son he has...it's all a big cover up!

                I find this absurd, but then again, it is Morrison.

                Edit: I suppose this makes Superman what? Asexual? Because while he is/was married to Lois Lane, they obviously could never have had sex without him killing her, and he likes to "hang out alone, in his Fortress of Solitude."

                I wonder if Wonder Woman is a lesbian because she comes from a place entirely populated by females...
                you know i am questioning if morrison is saying these things to cover up his own sexuality

                and thats just a theory so it's something to consider
                .................................................. ..........................

                Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                Comment


                • #9
                  DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't agree with Morrison that Batman's universal appeal is because he's gay. Batman is universally appealing because we can easily relate to him, especially when compared to most of the other DC superhero's (the majority of whom have Superpowers).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ok so a rich guy, who chooses to hang out with an old guy and a young (adopted) guy is gay? Perhaps most of the women he knows are CRAZY! So is Lex Luthor also gay? Most male superheroes hang out with guys, a more common gender for superheroes. Hal spent time in space with a starfish, has he engaging in bestiality?
                      http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
                      http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
                      Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
                      I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gl Josh View Post
                        Ok so a rich guy, who chooses to hang out with an old guy and a young (adopted) guy is gay? Perhaps most of the women he knows are CRAZY! So is Lex Luthor also gay? Most male superheroes hang out with guys, a more common gender for superheroes. Hal spent time in space with a starfish, has he engaging in bestiality?
                        i really do question if grant morrison even knows how gay people act


                        so i guess now single billionares in real life are homosexuals right?
                        .................................................. ..........................

                        Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't think his article was talking about Batman being gay, but that he has gay aspects.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            :Moderator:

                            Originally posted by W.West View Post
                            DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
                            Yes...and what Morrison said was absurd.
                            sigpic
                            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014


                            "Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Grant Morrison
                              "Heís very plutonian in the sense that heís wealthy and also in the sense that heís sexually deviant," Morrison told the magazine. "Gayness is built into Batman. Iím not using gay in the pejorative sense, but Batman is very, very gay. Thereís just no denying it. Obviously as a fictional character heís intended to be heterosexual, but the basis of the whole concept is utterly gay."

                              In fact, Morrison adds, Batman's "gayness" is actually part of the character's near-universal appeal: "I think thatís why people like it. All these women fancy him and they all wear fetish clothes and jump around rooftops to get to him. He doesnít care -- heís more interested in hanging out with the old guy and the kid."
                              Emphasis mine.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X