WHEN DID NIGHTWING GET SO POPULAR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHEN DID NIGHTWING GET SO POPULAR?

I started this post because I am wondering when the hell did Nightwing get so popular? I just recently found out about the DC Reset because I was out of comics for a year and half because of a family tradegy but that's another story.

So I've been going on EBay trying to get the 1st 10 issues of most all the main characters. The thing that is surprising the hell out of me is Nightwing's comics are going for the most money. Even more then Batman's. You can find Batman #1-10 for $40-$50 but I just saw Nightwing's #1-10 go for $71.

Are they making a Nightwing movie I don't know about or what? I even got Green Lantern #1-10 1st Prints for $37.
    BUY, SELL, TRADE & CONSIGN COMICS. GET 120% STORE CREDIT FOR SELLING YOUR COMICS!

Quite a few of the new 52 #1-5 are going for a decent amount.

I enjoyed the first few issues of Nightwing, but I grew tired of the circus angle and stopped picking it up.

Comment

This should have been put under the other comics forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
        This should have been put under the other comics forum.
        What's up with people always bein so uptight. So I asked a question about Nightwing in the General forum. And to be honest it could have been put in either forum. I wasn't asking any specific questions about comics. I was asking when Did Nightwing get so popular to the point where his new 52 comics are selling for more then Batman's.

I was just surprised to see him so popular right now, when most comic fans I know just always kinda brushed him off. Aquaman is another one that I always liked that most people didn't and his are doing very well right now too.
        BUY, SELL, TRADE & CONSIGN COMICS. GET 120% STORE CREDIT FOR SELLING YOUR COMICS!

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
          Quite a few of the new 52 #1-5 are going for a decent amount.

I enjoyed the first few issues of Nightwing, but I grew tired of the circus angle and stopped picking it up.
          Yeah they are but I was surprised to see Nightwing selling for more than any of the new Batman's. I though there is a trade or sell forum for this kind of stuff. But I'll buy the Nightwing issues you have. PM if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke-a-BLEEZ View Post
            And to be honest it could have been put in either forum.
            No, it couldn't have. It belongs in the Other Comics forum. It isn't a general thread, it's about a Batman-related comic, and guess where the Batman comic thread is? Other Comics.

I wasn't asking any specific questions about comics.
            Liar, liar, pants on fire.
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Doesn't necessarily mean he's more popular. It could be that DC specifically under-printed him (i.e., he's less popular in general) and so there aren't a lot to spare.

For instance, here's July's sales. You'll find Nightwing at #30 with 4 Bat titles higher than him.

Don't sweat the forum thing. You can try your best to place them appropriately, but if the mods don't like it, they'll move or merge it.
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 08-07-2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                Doesn't necessarily mean he's more popular. It could be that DC specifically under-printed him (i.e., he's less popular in general) and so there aren't a lot to spare.

For instance, here's July's sales. You'll find Nightwing at #30 with 4 Bat titles higher than him.

Don't sweat the forum thing. You can try your best to place them appropriately, but if the mods don't like it, they'll move or merge it.
                what he said

Comment

Since he started banging Starfire back in the 80s...
                  Rockstar Social Club: CircusRock || XBL: Aquaman Returns

Comment

He's been around since the 40's....Also I wonder if Didio still wants to kill Dick Grayson.

Comment

I started this post because I am wondering when the hell did Nightwing get so popular? I just recently found out about the DC Reset because I was out of comics for a year and half because of a family tradegy but that's another story.

So I've been going on EBay trying to get the 1st 10 issues of most all the main characters. The thing that is surprising the hell out of me is Nightwing's comics are going for the most money. Even more then Batman's. You can find Batman #1-10 for $40-$50 but I just saw Nightwing's #1-10 go for $71.

Are they making a Nightwing movie I don't know about or what? I even got Green Lantern #1-10 1st Prints for $37.
                      That's just e-bay, different sellers want different prices from people, and maybe there was a bigger "bidding war". Does not particualy mean he's popular.
                      As for your movie idea, (Highlight for TDKR spoilers)
                      After the events of TDKR, it may be possible for a nightwing spin-off, infact if we didn't hear from Nolan he was not returning for a batman film, it would be pretey odvious for a nightwing or robin spin off. Then again, they could just create a new universe. However, I doubt this will happen for a long time, and I think they'll do flash and wonder woman a long time before nightwing, even if they did a nightwing film, I highly doubt Nolan would do it. Then again, he could sell out, and after all, the batman universe is DCs most successfull franchise, it could be their answer to having a batman film without rebooting it once again......

What's up with people always bein so uptight. So I asked a question about Nightwing in the General forum. And to be honest it could have been put in either forum. I wasn't asking any specific questions about comics. I was asking when Did Nightwing get so popular to the point where his new 52 comics are selling for more then Batman's.
                      I was just surprised to see him so popular right now, when most comic fans I know just always kinda brushed him off. Aquaman is another one that I always liked that most people didn't and his are doing very well right now too.
                      You do have a fair point. I must admit that some people on the forum just go off topic, and go on about where to place things on the forum for the 1000th time. I'm not picking trying to be a complaining asshole, I'm just saying it how I see it.........
                      I don't really care where a thread goes, as long as we stay on topic and disscuss the actual topic the thread was designed for. Maybe we should make a thread for all of the where things go stuff, but we leave it out of the actual topics and threads like this one

Just my opinion.....
                      Kuhan
                      Last edited by Kuhan; 08-09-2012, 09:42 AM.
                      Originally posted by IonFan
                      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                      Originally posted by Quaker
                      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Yo.

he was popular enuff to have had an ongoing title that ran for 120+ ish's pre GJ-boot...........so Id say sometime in the 90s??

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Nightwing is the best character in comics.
                          [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                          DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

The best character in comics that goes through the same tropes time and time again.

Comment

What's it that Iggy does?

*puts hand in front of face*

You are unable to gaze upon my visage!
                              [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                              DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X