No announcement yet.

The New 52: Futures End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First issue read...Zircher is good though the art seemed to fall off towards the end...

Originally posted by W.West View Post
    Wake me when Donna Troy shows up or when anyone of interest plans a prominent role.

Comment

FUTURES END Writers Talk Issue #1, Crafting the Future of the New 52 - SPOILERS

Comment

The New 52: Futures End August 2014 Solicitations

THE NEW 52: FUTURES END #14
        Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, JEFF LEMIRE, DAN JURGENS and KEITH GIFFEN
        Art by AARON LOPRESTI
        Cover by RYAN SOOK
        On sale AUGUST 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
        Cadmus Island turns against itself as the Earth 2 prisoners break out!
        THE NEW 52: FUTURES END #15
        Art by SCOT EATON
        Cover by RYAN SOOK
        On sale AUGUST 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
        Constantine realizes he’s on to something much bigger than he thought as the events of five years from now begin to collide!
        THE NEW 52: FUTURES END #16
        Art by JESUS MERINO
        Cover by RYAN SOOK
        On sale AUGUST 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
        The threat behind StormWatch’s entire existence reveals itself!
        THE NEW 52: FUTURES END #17
        Art by PATRICK ZIRCHER
        Cover by RYAN SOOK
        On sale AUGUST 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
        Who is the Masked Superman? What does his identity have to do with last week’s startling ending? The answers will shock you as the entire New 52 gets ready to jump five years into the future!

Comment

Can't wait til someone at DC realizes no one gives a fuck about Stormwatch and they can stop throwing them in our faces. That will be a good day.

Comment

Interview: Dan Jurgens Talks about FUTURES END and how the Series Affects Today's Titles

Comment

:Moderator:

While I enjoyed Issues #0 + #1, and will continue to read this series, I can't help but feel a resounding sense of deja-vu.

It was only a short time ago that Final Crisis came out, where Darkseids Anti-Life Equation corrupted the minds of heroes and civilians and led to a dystopian present.

Then we had Blackest Night, where Nekron and the Black Rings re-animated both heroes and civilians and led to an almost dystopian end.

Shortly after that, Rise of the Third army, where, you guessed it, the Guardians used their powers to convert the minds of heroes and civilians into an army bent on creating a perfect (dystopian) future.

Nu52 rolls around, and in the pages of Swamp Thing and Animal Man, Rotworld takes place, where the Rot/Black infects the minds/bodies of heroes and civilians to create a, wait for it...*drum roll* Dystopian Future!!

Couple that with the early 90's Cable and Bishop/X-Book stories over in Marvel, where mutants were sent back in time to stop the events that would cause their dystopian future.

Obviously it is hard to be 100% original in any fictional media source these days, so I"m not using the above as a complaint, merely an observation.

The only major complaint I have, and not with Futures End itself but with the Nu52 and the timing of this event, is that we haven't had much time to spend in the "present" with the "Nu Heroes" yet. 5 years ago the Justice League forms, then we fast forward to Trinity War and Forever(unending) Evil, and now jump ahead 5 years into the future. I don't feel like we have a solid enough base to stand on with the Nu characters yet to have an event like this. They have very little history together that actually been seen by the reader, only implied histories.

What would have worked better for me is if 5 years of actual real time had gone by before setting up a "5 years later" story in comic time, just to flesh out all the characters and give us a good base history of them being in the same world together.

Even still, this gets 3/5 for me, because despite everything, I love dystopian futures and time travel, and not to mention B-List characters headlining comics. I"m hoping it turns out as good as 52 was, and better than Countdown.
              sigpic
              Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

I was going to used this as a springboard back into DC and they do that to Apollo.
                And yes Stormwatch is the only reason I decided to read this
                Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Really? I don't remember them mentioning Stormwatch much in the interviews and such.

Comment

I didn't read the interviews just the solicits and randomn pics

Comment

What did they do to Apollo?

~KL~

Comment

They killed him then destroyed the Eye with the rest of Stormwatch In it

Comment

...five years into a potential future timeline that Batman Beyond is trying to prevent.

Comment

LIVING LEGENDS GIFFEN & JURGENS ON THE END OF "FUTURES END" #1

Comment

A couple of questions since I haven't read DC books in over a year
                              Wasn't Mr Terrific stuck on Earth 2 and was he always such an ass

Comment

He is stuck on Earth 2. Futures End takes place five years from now. The story in-between will be told in the third weekly series, "Earths End". And that will probably tell us what changed him.

Comment

Working...
                                X