This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
    HAHHAHAHA Damian is legit the BEST Robin. Dick the best character, but most of his interesting stuff comes as Nightwing. Tim is interesting, NOW, but most of his interesting is him being around in a Batman story while Damian was heavily involved in the stories he shared with Batman.
    Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    Anyone who thinks this hasn't read the ~10 years worth of character development he's gone through.

FTFY
    Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
    Word. On both accounts.
    Sure Damian's cool now, but Tim is obviously the best Robin

Comment

• my favorite Tim stories were the first ones, with Clyde Rawlins and the King Snake, I wish there were more of those. As for favorite Robin I have never felt that debate while I am fierce when it comes to favorite GL's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        FTFY

Tt. No, you didn't.

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        Anyone who thinks this hasn't read the ~10 years worth of character development he's gone through.

And look at how little has been accomplished. Damian is still basically the same character he was when he started out: entitled, pretentious, annoying. ...That last one may be a matter of opinion, but I stand by my assessment. Of all the horrible, confusing things to come out of Grant Morrison's turn on Batman, Damian is Top 5, easy.

Originally posted by W.West View Post
        HAHHAHAHA Damian is legit the WORST Robin.
        FTFY.
        Fearless
        Agent Orange
        Last edited by Fearless; 09-26-2016, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Jason will always be the worst sidekick. Total disgrace.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
            Sure Damian's cool now, but Tim is obviously the best Robin
            I'm pretty pissed that they've benched him.

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
            And look at how little has been accomplished. Damian is still basically the same character he was when he started out: entitled, pretentious, annoying.
            Like I said, if you just plain ignore the past 10 years worth of stories then yes he's the same one dimensional character he was when he was introduced in Batman and Son. If you acknowledge them, he's changed a ton.

Like if you look at the current Damian and seeing him as a shallow, pretentious one dimensional character then I really don't see how you can be a fan of Bruce Wayne/Batman either, they're extremely similar.

Anyways here's some Green Arrow 75th anniversary teaser art:

Comment

I don't think he'll be gone too long

Comment

Once they sort out whatever is going on with this Mr. Oz character...

Comment

• He should've taken Kyle with him.

Comment

• Regarding Damian's character development...

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
                      Once they sort out whatever is going on with this Mr. Oz character...
                      I'm assuming they won't resolve that plot until 2018 when Johns returns to wrap up the Rebirth story.

Comment

• DC's Talent Development Workshop Alumni
                        With DC revealing the newest recruits for its DC Writer's Workshop Class, here's a look at the alumni thus far of both it at its companion Artist's Workshop series under the publisher's new Talent Development program.

The 2015 DC Comics Artist's Workshop participants were Annie Wu, Barnaby Bagenda, David Messina, Juan Ferreya, Khary Randolph, Meghan Hetrick, and Sonny Liew. This class was taught by a trio of instructors: Geoff Johns, Jim Lee, and Klaus Janson. A 2016 class roster has yet to be announced by DC.

On the writing side, the inaugural class of DC Comics' Writer's Workshop is comprised of Andy Smith, Christopher Sebela, Emma Beeby, Erica Schultz, Hena Khan, Joelle Jones, Matthew Rosenberg, Michael McMillian, Michael Moreci, Veronica Muniz-Soto, Vita Ayala. Scott Snyder taught this class on his own.

The DC Writer's Workshop is actually comprised of two courses - one an online course, the other a more in-depth master class.

"One is an intensive blast for people who are already professionals who are working at DC - thatís the master class that weíll be doing rather soon. The other class - the one we already ran - will run again," Snyder told Newsarama earlier this month. "It starts in October and it runs through January. Itís a bit smaller than the last one as we realized had a few too many students last time, even though all of the participants were absolutely great. Itís a little harder to find the opportunities for thirteen people at DC getting everyone placed when there are only eight or nine people. And Iím going to run it the same way as last time and am really proud of how it all came together and how it was received. Itís really the highlight of my week when I can get back into the classroom again - virtual or otherwise."

Many of the alumni are contributing to the November 30 anthology New Talent Showcase #1, with other work already announced. Furthermore, Writer's Workshop alumna Joelle Jones was signed to an 'exclusive' contract as a writer and artist following her completion of the program.

Comment

• Does Annie Wu really count as a workshop discovery though? Didn't her time on Hawkeye proceed all this?

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                            proceed
                            Precede.
                            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Yeah that. (I promise I said it right in my head as I was typing it)

Comment

Wait, are you talking about Tim? He's in Detective Comics with that bunch, now in a more Robin-ish costume but for some reason still using the Red Robin alias. I'm glad his Futures End self isn't Batman Beyond anymore though...

~M~

Comment

Working...
                                X