No announcement yet.

WINNICK! (Titans #5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because he brings in 'controversial' shit.

Comment

I actually don't have a problem with this and I'm a Nightwing fan. I don't think it'll stick but I do like the idea of them not being together. Because they have been together for a long time as friends, but at the same time if I'm not mistaken, Dick was just messing around with some chick in his own title. So for continuity sake, Dick is single and loving it, in my eyes. Starfire might be hurt but she'll get over it...its not like they were in a relationship before this series started.....

Comment

Besides... wouldn't it make some sense for Nightwing to have a Bond-ish reluctance to actually getting close to people?
        Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Mad find Puck and tell him Judd has a present for him and send him to DC HQ that's proper payback

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Puck?

sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

No Mav this Puck who was in Real World with Judd

Darth_Andrea
              Darth_Andrea
              Owned by Natu
              Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 09-18-2008, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Who the fuck watches Real World?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                  Puck?

Hmm... there's a cosplay opportunity here.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                    Besides... wouldn't it make some sense for Nightwing to have a Bond-ish reluctance to actually getting close to people?
                    Eh...that's kinda Batmans way of doing things...and his chicks usually come back for more where as Nightwing's only recurring love interest is Starfire...right?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mad_Dragon View Post
                      because he brings in 'controversial' shit.
                      But it isn't controversial except in that it fucks with the story and background of a character readers love.

Denny O'neil was controversial. And he was a fantastic writer. His Lantern/Arrow run with Neal Adams is probably one of the best comic series I've ever read and stands up in every way to modern comics.

Judd Winick, for all the good he ever manages to do, always ends up coming off as preachy or manages to upset fans in some way. The problem is he doesn't know how to do otherwise. He is continuously annoying fans by altering characters (or raising them from the dead, thereby making certain aspects of certain characters completely pointless), and for some reason DC keeps giving him writing jobs. I actually don't know anybody who likes Winick, and my best friend, who has been reading Green Arrow for years, asked our comic shop to stop getting GA for him until Winick's run was finished.

Comment

He does seem to want to make every issue he writes a "very special episode"

Comment

You spelled 'Winick' wrong. See, here's an example...

Comment

he is frighteningly similar to Unicron...

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern Kreon View Post
                              But it isn't controversial except in that it fucks with the story and background of a character readers love.

Denny O'neil was controversial. And he was a fantastic writer. His Lantern/Arrow run with Neal Adams is probably one of the best comic series I've ever read and stands up in every way to modern comics.

Judd Winick, for all the good he ever manages to do, always ends up coming off as preachy or manages to upset fans in some way. The problem is he doesn't know how to do otherwise. He is continuously annoying fans by altering characters (or raising them from the dead, thereby making certain aspects of certain characters completely pointless), and for some reason DC keeps giving him writing jobs. I actually don't know anybody who likes Winick, and my best friend, who has been reading Green Arrow for years, asked our comic shop to stop getting GA for him until Winick's run was finished.
                              On the GA note, Winick's run is ending soon.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                Eh...that's kinda Batmans way of doing things...and his chicks usually come back for more where as Nightwing's only recurring love interest is Starfire...right?
                                True... but Batman's in a relationship right now, thanks to Grant Morrison. And as for the whole Nightwing Starfire thing, though... I haven't read the issue yet, but by the sounds of it, it may have just been something he said out of frustration or anger... I wouldn't put Dick above pissing anyone off while angry... I mean... doesn't his name really say it all?

Comment

Working...
                                X