Image Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
    I got to the fifth MG trade and then completely lost any an all interest in the series. The creative team making the series pretty much a love letter to LOST was what sucked me in, but in the end it was what drove me away.
    That's what happened to me like just after year 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      That's what happened to me like just after year 1.
      I wanted to stick with it and have it be a title I enjoyed to the end, but it's not the kind of series that should go on for as long as it is. The kind of mileage that story has is like 30 issues with a beginning, middle and end. Any longer and the mystery on top of mystery gimmick really wears thin. Too bad really.

Comment

• Anybody reading Zero?

Comment

• Nope. Any good?

Comment

• Not sure, haven't read it yet.

Looks good though.

Comment

• I read the first issue but it didn't grab me.

Comment

• I read Zero and it's a real interesting read. It's completely non linear as one can get in a monthly comic, plus each issue features a different artist so each issue never feels like the previous. Outside of the tone being the same.

It's a read worth checking out, try the first trade and go from there.

I recommend it.

Comment

• Comment

• Anyone pick up the new Fraction book?

Comment

• You mean Odyssey? No, that shit had a fold-out history you had to wade through before even being able to understand the plot. Pass.

Comment

• Read Tooth & Claw #2, and god if it isn't far more brutal than the first, which was depressing at the end.

This time, it starts off with legend of how the Great Champion waged a huge battle against an evil wizard and his army to free magic for the world's use, though the argument of what species he is interrupts the height of the tale (you do get a damn awesome spread of the as-a-lion Champion cutting a path of righteous fury through the baddies, though).

And then things get ugly, because the oppressed buffalo herd from the last issue shows up and starts killing everyone for revenge.

Enter the Great Champion, who proceeds to tear the herd five new assholes while naked, covered in blood, and speaking an unknown ancient language.

The wizards do manage a translation spell, so at least things are starting to go in the direction of compatibility for the Champion and the needy, but with almost nothing to protect them, these guys are going to be put through hell.

Really look forward to issue three.
                        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Comment

• I finally caught up on Clone, and man, what a cliffhanger to end on.

I hope this is really just a hiatus and not the end of the comic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post

Let's see if people actually remember this book
                              Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

• Brian Wood States That He Is Not The Writer of Spawn Ongoing After All

Comment

Working...
                                X