Green Lantern Vol 6 #11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "bad idea" to rewrite #11:
    - Female Guardian Nemosyni tells Jo her GL ring is "now unlocked", and gives the ring the classic duplication-at-will ability. Jo goes to the Fallen Lantern Army and duplicates her ring over a thousand times to the survivors, who then become the Green Lantern Corps again. No Teen Lantern gauntlet needed.

Comment

Dan Kurtzke from the Lanterncast joined us on the Emerald Echo to talk Green Lantern #11.

+ YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post

The sand in the hourglass is quickly running out on that idea if it's going to happen. There is no Green Lantern #13 in April or May. No anything as far out as we can see.
        No Green Lantern title in June, either.

Thorne's Green Lantern is so bad, he just completely destroyed the title altogether
        That, teamed with DC running it into the ground with a string of about a decade's worth of bad/boring runs and a completely senseless burst of new characters to hold the mantle.

(and before anyone says something about an event coming, you know that if that stuff was selling and worthwhile, DC would find a way to keep the series going, just like they do all those Batman titles and...well...basically everything else, actually).

I don't like the Geoff Johns run, but I have no problem recognizing its success and impact. I think the last time the series did anything noteworthy was Blackest Night, and I think that was in 2009 or something like that. It's true Johns continued to sell after that, but I think it was only on his name, reputation, and people wanting to complete their Geoff Johns GL run. That's supported by the quick and sharp decline that happened after he left.

Everything after Johns was pretty worthless and for some dumb reason DC kept piling on new characters. Eventually, all of that catches up with you.

It's kind of interesting DC is teasing "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT GL WILL BE DIFFERENT" or some such...and then there are no comics right after that. Way to capitalize on your new status quo.
        Star-Lantern
        Weaponer of Qward
        Last edited by Star-Lantern; 03-18-2022, 08:45 PM.
        ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post

No Green Lantern title in June, either.

Thorne's Green Lantern is so bad, he just completely destroyed the title altogether
          That, teamed with DC running it into the ground with a string of about a decade's worth of bad/boring runs and a completely senseless burst of new characters to hold the mantle.

(and before anyone says something about an event coming, you know that if that stuff was selling and worthwhile, DC would find a way to keep the series going, just like they do all those Batman titles and...well...basically everything else, actually).

I don't like the Geoff Johns run, but I have no problem recognizing its success and impact. I think the last time the series did anything noteworthy was Blackest Night, and I think that was in 2009 or something like that. It's true Johns continued to sell after that, but I think it was only on his name, reputation, and people wanting to complete their Geoff Johns GL run. That's supported by the quick and sharp decline that happened after he left.

Everything after Johns was pretty worthless and for some dumb reason DC kept piling on new characters. Eventually, all of that catches up with you.

It's kind of interesting DC is teasing "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT GL WILL BE DIFFERENT" or some such...and then there are no comics right after that. Way to capitalize on your new status quo.
          Yeah...I agree with pretty much everything you just said. GL has been in decline exponentially since John's left, and I would even say he peaked creatively with the conclusion of The Sinestro Corps War.

Comment

Not only no GL #13 in June, the only GL solicit was for a collection of the end of Morrison's run. They have to finish that in smaller slices before they offer the inevitable big omnibus for all 28 or so issues he did. Who knows if DC will even bother collecting Thorne's run into one book. I can see them passing on it due to lack of interest

Comment

I'm currently editing another big episode of Emerald Echo with a special guest. I'll post it here soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                Not only no GL #13 in June, the only GL solicit was for a collection of the end of Morrison's run. They have to finish that in smaller slices before they offer the inevitable big omnibus for all 28 or so issues he did. Who knows if DC will even bother collecting Thorne's run into one book. I can see them passing on it due to lack of interest
                Where are they finding these writers/editors? I'm stating here and now half or more of the posters here on this forum could write a better storyline, at least for 12 issues, than the entire DCU skyscraper full of people.

Comment

Marco Santucci came back to our show to shed light on the creation of the Anti-Guardian. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V52dO6ObhFA
                  Emerald Enthusiast
                  Major Force's Dinner Date
                  Last edited by Emerald Enthusiast; 03-23-2022, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X