Green Lantern Vol. 6 #12 questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emerald Enthusiast View Post

I think you're thinking about Powerhouse/Naomi. I don't think she had any dialogue in this issue, but she was with Hal when he and the JL came to Oa.
    Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

Issue #12 sold out. My guess is Thorne comes back with a new creative team, Raney included, for the 2nd part of the trilogy of which he's spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald Enthusiast View Post
        Issue #12 sold out. My guess is Thorne comes back with a new creative team, Raney included, for the 2nd part of the trilogy of which he's spoken.
        Wait--what? You really think so? Has this series been better received than we joke about here, and we are living in an echo chamber? We'll see I suppose.

Comment

It isn't well received in general. At least not on the internet, and I recall it being below the top 100 on the sales charts.
          I don't know why #12 is getting a second printing. Perhaps because it is the first appearance of John in his new hero identity.

That said, I'm sure Thorne is returning to write the John Stewart and the Emerald Knights series. Whether Raney will be back...I dunno'. It would be a huge mistake to bring him back, but then again, I think it's a mistake to bring Thorne back. Even people who like Thorne's run often admit the art is bad.

The only good thing I can see on the horizon is that there will probably be another "Green Lantern" title after Dark Crisis finishes.
          As for John Stewart...he's in the crapper for the foreseeable future, it seems. Dumb ID and bad writer. I can see why Dan DiDio (who clearly never liked John Stewart) approved Thorne's pitch, as it involves John losing his Green Lantern name, becoming something else, and flinging him WAAAAAAY off into outer space where he probably won't affect anything in the DCU.

Those things aren't bad to me in and of themselves...if they're done good. I don't mind John being something else...if it's actually cool. Emerald Knight, both in name and visual design isn't a conceptual upgrade from Green Lantern. I also don't mind John being way out in his own space away from everything else...if the stories are good. After reading what I have from Geoffrey Thorne, I have no confidence in his story telling skills, and I don't think he has a good idea of what would be the best for the character, otherwise he wouldn't have turned him into some lame god.
          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post

Wait--what? You really think so? Has this series been better received than we joke about here, and we are living in an echo chamber? We'll see I suppose.
            It's hard to quantify since Comichon doesn't have the DC numbers consistently anymore. I know at one time that Vol 1: Invictus was #9 in the collected edition category on Comixology. He's tapped into fans somewhere, and I'm guessing that he'll get some kind of continuation. I'm just not sure what that means since he mentioned the 2nd part of his trilogy was supposed to be Guy & Kyle-centric, but the ending of GL #12 suggested an Emerald Knights title with John in the lead. We shall see.

Comment

I don't want to hear that such-and-such writer can save the property. Making it all about the writer is what has caused the problems. The goal should be to make it writer-proof.
              The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.

Comment

I just read Justice League #75. I really don't know where Green Lantern will go now.

Comment

You guys should petition DC to have me reboot it. I don't have the time to write more than the first six issues, but maybe I could writer-proof it for you. At the very least I could get rid of a lot of shit you all want rid of.

Or you could take your chances on a new savior coming in and applying another patch to a slick tire that already has a thousand patches on it.
                  The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                    You guys should petition DC to have me reboot it. I don't have the time to write more than the first six issues, but maybe I could writer-proof it for you. At the very least I could get rid of a lot of shit you all want rid of.

Or you could take your chances on a new savior coming in and applying another patch to a slick tire that already has a thousand patches on it.
                    If you ever write an old-school Alan Scott story, I'll be sure to pick it up, but it doesn't sound like you're a huge fan of what the Green Lantern mythos now is, and likely forever will be. It's inherently cosmic with the occasional breaks to help the JL or do some detective work on Earth. I don't see that ever changing unless there's a huge societal shift away from space-based stories. And I might be in the minority among older fans, but I'm excited to see what Jo can do as a member of the JL.

Now if you figure out a way to get rid of G'nort forever, I'm on board.
                    Emerald Enthusiast
                    Kilowog's Recruit
                    Last edited by Emerald Enthusiast; 04-28-2022, 03:35 AM.

Comment

The more I think about it, the more more involved and time-consuming it looks to me to write those comics. Maybe I'd be willing to write out the plot and let someone else write the script.

I wouldn't be much interested in what happens to the other ex-GLs, but they could be put on a team that's some sort of space patrol. Not all that different from GLs but free of the crushing baggage of the past.

I'd keep G'Nort but just for an occasional comedic role in which he acts as a tormentor of someone. Maybe Kyle the first time around.

But again, my interest would be on Alan and his co-stars. Someone else could worry about the rest.

Comment

Working...
                      X