Geoff Thorne Green Lantern volume 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
    Can someone shed some light on why Teen Lantern's gauntlet is NOT Krona's gauntlet? Did someone run into a creative snag somehow and had to BS their way out of it by saying the weapon isn't Krona's gauntlet?...It's looking like they are going to keep the Far Sector Lantern and Hal Jordan, and "something" will happen to everyone else.
    Krona's Gauntlet - I have recently (this calendar year) found out that DC writers only get royalties for creating NEW characters. Oh sure, they get a paycheck while they are writing/drawing an already-established comic book line, but like contractors, they either have to have 3+ jobs at once to pay the bills, and/or they are always looking for the next contract. But they get life-forever royalties for making a new character that sticks around in the comic book line. That's how "moneyball" ruined American baseball. That's how "fantasy leagues" ruined American football. What do you think is going to happen when a writer is told or learns this truth?

"Something" - we've seen the "easy way out" in both the two-issue preview last year and the catastrophe this year in GL#2. Geoff Thorne blew up the Central Power Battery, essentially stranding every GL powerless in deep space. So, he's out for the "butcher method" of killing off 98% of the cast during this 12-issue plot. We've seen how quickly the local toughs in every known star system have reacted to finding powerless GLs. And the United Planets can't help to accelerate the loss of the GLC with their own establishment's rising star in authority and power. Having the magical assassination and saboteur squad in issue #1 should have been a hint.

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post

"Something" - we've seen the "easy way out" in both the two-issue preview last year and the catastrophe this year in GL#2. Geoff Thorne blew up the Central Power Battery, essentially stranding every GL powerless in deep space. So, he's out for the "butcher method" of killing off 98% of the cast during this 12-issue plot.
      I realize that you may be exaggerating to make your point, but the death toll is nowhere near 98%. There's a significant number of GLs who survived, and quite a few surviving supporting cast members like Peya Fel and the Thanagarians . The GotU are still "entangled", which I'm guessing means that at least some of them will return, especially since John is now manifesting his old Mosaic powers.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
      X