Could Indigo-1 be Arin Sur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Indigo-1 be Arin Sur?

After looking at artwork of Indigo-1 and Arin Sur (Abin Sur's sister) and reading over the Indigo Tribe oath, I have a sneaking suspicion that even though Arin appeared as a Black Lantern that Indigo-1 may be the spirit of Arin or maybe even another relative of Abin Sur...what you guys think?

Actually I did think that after seeing Arin in GL but seeing as her corpse has risen as a Black Lantern, I didn't think it'd be very likely

I think it's more likely Indigo-1 is the kid he rescued from Ysmault, because of how the IT seems to operate (a from of collective mind) it is possible some remnants of some from Ungara might've joined it or that perhaps the kid (and the kid did have red skin) is Abin's Kid or possibly another child of Arins, or of another relative that joined and as a result, they have some knowledge of Abin

Failing that it may just be co-incidence and she looks like Arin Sur

Personally, I think Abin Sur had a hand in forming the IT as a backup against the Blackest Night in case he failed to stop it

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
    Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

there was a corpse of arin sur she was a BL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BF62pYelLU

Comment

i think theres a topic floating around here that discusses this.
        HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

Yup im sure its at the end of this list because the events of BN has ruled it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BF62pYelLU

Comment

Sure she could.

It wouldn't make a lick of sense and would be completely retarded... but why stop that now?

Comment

I do realize that Arin appeared as a corpse...just figured with how hard it is to keep anybody dead in comics that there still may be a small chance...and besides, I haven't been able to read any of the Blackest Night books since my local bookstore doesn't carry lantern comics...so I knew nothing of the child on Ysmault, or I probably would've thought of that connection instead...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                Sure she could.

It wouldn't make a lick of sense and would be completely retarded...
                Which means that Indigo-1 is Arin Sur using Geoff Johns logic. Or lack thereof.

Comment

It's either:

Originally posted by coreyshane84 View Post
                  Indigo-1 may be the spirit of Arin or maybe even another relative of Abin Sur
                  This or,

Originally posted by Mrt1000son View Post
                  I think it's more likely Indigo-1 is the kid he rescued from Ysmault
                  This.

Comment

where can i find a mention of this child that Abin saved?...what issue of which series?

Comment

Originally posted by coreyshane84 View Post
                      where can i find a mention of this child that Abin saved?...what issue of which series?
                      http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ghlight=tygers

All twelve pages are here

Comment

Indigo-1 is Abin Sur's wife, not his sister Arin. Probably.

Green Lantern #17, page 6 there are a couple of panels that show Abin Sur's Wife and she looks very similar to Indigo-1 (you can check it out for yourself if you have this issue). Now it hit me that Geoff has already introduced Abin, Amon and Arin into BN, but Abin's wife has been really ignored and not talked about aside from these few panels in GL overall. It would explain somethings like why Indigo-1 seems to know so much about The Blackest Night and why Abin recognized her.

Abin's Wife...

Indigo-1...

Comment

Oh damn, didn't realize she'd been neglected. Could make sense as well. But I'm leaning towards the child from Tygers.

Comment

I doubt a husband would react to his wife the way Abin did to Indigo. And by the way he said Indigo, it seemed as if that was her actual name. Plus take into consideration that if she was Abin's wife, wouldnt Arin have recognized her at all?

I as well believe she's the child Abin rescued. Would make sense since she has referred to him as her savior. I dont think any wife would call her husband that.
                            Jeffi.Kaiser
                            Guy's Designated Dr
                            Last edited by Jeffi.Kaiser; 04-05-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

At the recent con Jhons denied it was the child Abin rescued from Yasmault.

Comment

Working...
                              X