Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you happy with who DIDN'T come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you happy with who DIDN'T come back?

Just thought I'd make a thread with the flip-side of the question about what people think about who came back after BN.

I know there were some folks I thought/feared would be brought back, and am puzzled/relieved that they didn't.

Ralph and Sue had potential, IMHO, in the roles teased at the end of 52. Maybe their pointed NON-return here could mean that would be explored?

Tempest seemed to me, like the Hawks, to have been somebody that just died to make BN look like it was a "serious" problem. I kind of figured that anybody notable that died like that would be back. I was right on the Hawks, but not with Tempest. Sort of surprised me, though I don't really care about the character much.

I am also glad that they resisted the temptation to bring back any dead family members ("civilian" family members, ayway). I really had no interest in seeing Hal dealing with the return of his dad, or seeing Pa Kent back, or (shudder) Bruce's parents back from the grave. (Still a bit surprised, what with all the build-up, that we didn't see Hal's dad as a Black Lantern, though).

I'm not going to put a poll, since I wouldn't know what options to put. Yes or no seems too limited.
    Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color
    Last edited by Mister Ed; 04-01-2010, 09:14 PM.

i would have liked to see some of the Lost Lanterns come back... Laira and Jack T Chance to name two...

Also would have liked to see the 'resurrection' of more distant characters, like some not limited to earth...

M

Comment

I consider it a lost opportunity that they didn't bring Tomar Re back. If one single dead GL got a get out of jail free card, for me it'd be him.

Hell, they could have brought any number of GLs back, but instead it's all human super heroes and villains.

The Question should have come back.

It'd be nice if Kent Nelson, the real Dr Fate came back, but that's a JSA matter that's better off handled in that book.

I'm fine with the rest of it though. Glad to see all the crappy 90s heroes are still dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post

Ralph and Sue had potential, IMHO, in the roles teased at the end of 52. Maybe their pointed NON-return here could mean that would be explored?
        I take it you don't read Outsiders? Many issues ago, a couple of "ghost detectives" showed up to help out the Outsiders, they were Ralph and Sue. I was somewhat surprised to see them show up so early on in BN, considering what had been done prior to that.

Whether or not that thread is still alive in the DCU, Ralph and Sue are "technically" already back (their spirits, not animated bodies) however I have a feeling that is all but forgotten now. Just thought I'd mention that.
        sigpic
        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

The thing about Ralph and Sue being dead detectives is that Vertigo has already done the Deadboy Detectives. Kind just rips that idea off if they actually do anything with it.

Comment

Nope.
            The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

(Still a bit surprised, what with all the build-up, that we didn't see Hal's dad as a Black Lantern, though).
              I think that was one of the biggest surprises of BN, the exclusion of Hal's dad. Considering he played an important role in Rebirth, I thought we'd see a bit more. Guess he couldn't fit it in with all the other stuff Johns wanted to see done.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Without Deadman being the shepard for the humans in the ghost world, they will need a new set of eyes in there. The Dibny's would be perfect for that. Hopefully, John's will see that and actually use them since he never did after 52.

Comment

Tempest not coming back surprised me. Like Ed I thought it was a shock-value death. I guess it still is, but I'm more surprised he didn't come back.

Damage is another one. Isn't he in JSA All Stars?

I don't really miss either character, though.

I think they've done about all they possibly can with the Lost Lanterns. Although there's always the oddball GL that could come back and be interesting. Maybe Scar coulda been interesting if she had returned. Or Abin Sur. I kinda thought Katama would be back, but it didn't happen. But GL is already crowded with characters ... random GLs are always popping up and, while it's nice to see familiar faces it's also nice to have some new guys brought in. They ought to do another "who'se who in the GLC" as they did in the Sin Corps War soon.

You know, I kinda wish they brought back Earth-2 Lois and Superman for a happy ending. Earth-2 Superman hasn't really been given justice recently.

All in all, I'm fine with who wasn't brought back, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
                    Without Deadman being the shepard for the humans in the ghost world, they will need a new set of eyes in there. The Dibny's would be perfect for that. Hopefully, John's will see that and actually use them since he never did after 52.
                    Perhaps they can have the Dibney's help Boston Brand to be Deadman again.

Comment

They haven't touched base on where all those spirits of the people who didnt come back go, such as Tempest, Dibnys, Damage.

Comment

I'm sure garth will be back by the end of the brightest day

but im looking foward as to see why don hall didnt come back, and hank did. thats gonna be a big question for hank im sure
                        HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

Originally posted by 304 View Post
                          They haven't touched base on where all those spirits of the people who didnt come back go, such as Tempest, Dibnys, Damage.
                          I don't think that any of them will come back

Comment

With the white lantern battery still out there, I'm pretty sure we'll see some more returns.

Comment

I was really hoping Tempest and Damage would return, they were two deaths that seemed really unecessary to me, and I wanted to see Holly Granger come back, not Hank Hall, the Hall years were ages ago, it's time to leave them there

I didn't see the point in bringing back Max Lord either, his recton as a supervillain murderer is one of those things I was hoping DC'd ignore as much as possible

Most fo the returns, like Max Lord, Hank Hall, Ronnie Raymond, etc seem to be linked in to Dido's obsession to revive the silver age, not so much towards telling a good story

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
                              Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X