Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sad thing Is is I would like to beable to be excited about the spin off books. But I am not. I don't know if DC is just not promoting them enough,Or all the bad things I have herd,Or maybe even that Characters like Larflezze isnt intresting enough to warrent an ongoing.

I am excited about Sinestro Corps. But not as excited as I should be. Because I am keeping my expectations pretty low.
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
      The sad thing Is is I would like to beable to be excited about the spin off books. But I am not. I don't know if DC is just not promoting them enough,Or all the bad things I have herd,Or maybe even that Characters like Larflezze isnt intresting enough to warrent an ongoing.

I am excited about Sinestro Corps. But not as excited as I should be. Because I am keeping my expectations pretty low.
      Sad, but the most realistic thing to do. I would hope to God this Sinestro series turns out better than Red Lanterns or Larfleeze, but DC isn't exactly putting A list talent on the GL franchise at the moment.

Comment

• It's doubtful the Sinestro book will even get that much promotion.

If this new was a Batman or Superman, you can bet your ass, DC would be given it big promition. That's why book like Superman Unchained and Superman / Wonder Woman first issue sells well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
          They really aren't missing a whole lot with the spin off books. GLC is decent, maybe even better than the actual GL book. That one is the only shame in if it suffers because of GL's dipping quality. It's one thing to deal with a Larfleeze or Red Lanterns is sitting in your pull file if you're really enjoying GL. But lately I'm feeling fatigue with the franchise; nothing in the line is very good. GLC is decent but in all honesty it's not really a great book or anything, nothing that I'd brag to my friends that they simply HAVE to try. GL is mediocre at best. The other books should all just be cancelled and put out of their misery.

My local shop doesn't sell a lot of GL titles anyway. They sold more during the height of the Geoff Johns hype days, but even then it wasn't in everybody's file. So I guess it's hard for me to judge that one.
          Very interesting. It pisses me off how loyal readers are to certain writers and how much moving creative teams around can really effect sales. I had really high hopes for Venditti, but it seems his lack of experience with DC and the character is really hurting his writing.

I wonder why DC keeps all these spin offs going. I think what happens in your LCS and mine seem to be the norm. Is all this really for a few t-shirt sales?

Comment

• Originally posted by weareborg View Post
            Very interesting. It pisses me off how loyal readers are to certain writers and how much moving creative teams around can really effect sales. . .
            This comment seems a little out of the blue, BUT it's funny because I was just thinking recently about how I know how a lot of fans do this but I don't. For instance, I like a lot of writers and artists, but even if my favorite pair were to start writing Spiderman or X-Men, it wouldn't get me back to Marvel. I'm more likely to follow characters through the good and bad than I am to hop around for creative teams.

Comment

• Normally I'm like you Space Cop, I follow characters not writers. Concepts, and Ideas not creative teams, however, in the typical pot calling the kettle black situation, I'm not going to pick up Spider-Man when Peter Parker comes back because of what an ass Dan Slott and Stephan fucking Wacker is.

Comment

• Yeah. I don't follow creative teams. In my mind It is Broome and Kane's story. Every body else is just trying to fill thier shoes. The are some people who I feel have done great jobs in furthering GL and some who I feel damn neared killed it.

If Goeff could be reignd in I would love to get him back but it has to be his only title,and NO MORE EVENTS!. Vansciver's art,making some of the old silly characters more scarry,would be a dream come true. I also think Mark Waid would be good. Ivan was agreat artist,and I wouldn't mind seeing banks come back.

Truth fully there is almost no place to go but up.
                Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

• :Moderator:

No one ever talks about Moose these days. Reading over Recharge, To Be a Lantern and The Dark Side of Green, I really miss his work.
                  sigpic
                  Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• Moose was awesome. How often does the colorist do such a good job that fans pick up on it? That the coloring is so well done and fits the books needs SO well that it stands out? Much less fans start a little cult following for the guy? Not often enough; but Moose is one of those guys.

For a few years, Moose was to GL what Alex Sinclair was to The Flash. Good times.

Comment

Any idea what he's up to these days?
                      sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                        Any idea what he's up to these days?
                        You can message him. He has an account here.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          You can message him. He has an account here.
                          I'm well aware of that, but he hasn't been on in nearly 2 years.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                            I'm well aware of that, but he hasn't been on in nearly 2 years.
                            Yeah, I remember him popping in to comment on the coloring for Absolute Sinestro Corps War(?). Has it been 2 year? Man, I'm really bad at estimating how long ago something was.

Comment

• January Comic Sales

[Note: There are no direct GL titles in the top 20, but JLA is.]

1 Batman 27 $3.99 DC 115,492
                              2 Detective Comics 27 $7.99 DC 88,702
                              3 Avengers World 1 $3.99 Marvel 86,727
                              4 Justice League 27 $3.99 DC 84,674
                              5 Superior Spider-Man 25 $4.99 Marvel 77,311
                              6 All New X-Men 22.NOW $3.99 Marvel 76,565
                              7 Superior Spider-Man 26 $3.99 Marvel 72,591
                              8 Harley Quinn 2 $2.99 DC 66,363
                              9 Avengers 25 $3.99 Marvel 65,591
                              10 Justice League of America 11 $3.99 DC 65,365
                              11 Walking Dead 120 $2.99 Image 65,286
                              12 Walking Dead 119 $2.99 Image 65,151
                              13 Origin II 2 $3.99 Marvel 64,631
                              14 All New X-Men 21 $3.99 Marvel 62,876
                              15 Guardians of Galaxy 11.NOW $3.99 Marvel 61,111
                              16 Batman Superman 7 $3.99 DC 61,074
                              17 Uncanny X-Men 16 $3.99 Marvel 58,676
                              18 All New Invaders 1 $3.99 Marvel 55,167
                              19 Uncanny Avengers 16 $3.99 Marvel 54,670
                              20 Black Widow 1 $3.99 Marvel 53,879
                              26 Green Lantern 27 $2.99 DC 48,831
                              34 Justice League 3000 2 $2.99 DC 41,423
                              47 Earth 2 19 $2.99 DC 36,103
                              62 Green Lantern Corps 27 $2.99 DC 31,447
                              74 Green Lantern New Guardians 27 $2.99 DC 28,346
                              83 Green Lantern Corps Annual 2 $4.99 DC 26,880
                              90 Injustice Year Two 1 $2.99 DC 24,700
                              92 Red Lanterns 27 $2.99 DC 24,477
                              121 DC Vs Masters of the Universe 4 $2.99 DC 19,289
                              144 Larfleeze 7 $2.99 DC 13,950
                              164 Scribblenauts Unmasked CoI 1 $2.99 DC 11,572

January Trade Sales

[Note: There are no direct GL titles in the top 20.]

1 Saga Vol. 1 $9.99 Image 4,201
                              2 Walking Dead Vol. 1 Days Gone Bye $14.99 Image 4,139
                              3 All New X-Men Vol. 1 Yesterdays X-Men $19.99 Marvel 3,540
                              4 Superior Spider-Man Vol. 4 Necessary Evil $17.99 Marvel 3,423
                              5 Batman 66 The TV Stories $14.99 DC 3,311
                              6 Saga Vol. 2 $14.99 Image 3,243
                              7 X-Men Battle of Atom HC $49.99 Marvel 3,110
                              8 Unwritten Vol. 8 Orpheus In The Underworlds $16.99 DC 3,013
                              9 Batman Dark Knight Vol. 2 Cycle of Violence $14.99 DC 2,979
                              10 Thor God of Thunder Vol. 1 God Butcher $19.99 Marvel 2,955
                              11 My Little Pony When Cutie Calls $7.99 IDW 2,942
                              12 Superior Carnage $17.99 Marvel 2,823
                              13 Ten Grand Vol. 1 $12.99 Image 2,780
                              14 Naruto Vol. 64 $9.99 Viz 2,715
                              15 BPRD Hell On Earth Vol. 7 A Cold Day In Hell $19.99 Dark Horse 2,547
                              16 Justice League Dark Vol. 3 Death of Magic $16.99 DC 2,532
                              17 Batman Dark Knight HC Vol. 3 Mad $24.99 DC 2,526
                              18 Walking Dead Vol. 2 Miles Behind Us $14.99 Image 2,416
                              19 Superman Vol. 2 Secrets And Lies $16.99 DC 2,381
                              20 Walking Dead Vol. 19 March to War $14.99 Image 2,374
                              33 Green Lantern New Guardians Vol. 2 Beyond Hope $14.99 DC 1,844
                              43 Green Lantern New Guardians HC Vol. 3 Love & Death $24.99 DC 1,624
                              82 Justice League Vol. 1 Origin $16.99 DC 1,150
                              84 Green Lantern Sector 2814 Vol. 3 $16.99 DC 1,127
                              116 Green Lantern The Animated Series Vol. 2 $12.99 DC 86
                              141 Kingdom Come New Ptg $19.99 DC 737
                              182 Justice League Vol. 2 The Villains Journey $16.99 DC 589
                              198 Injustice Gods Among Us HC Vol. 1 $19.99 DC 544
                              290 Green Lantern Vol. 1 Sinestro $14.99 DC 385
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 02-11-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• This is not good.

Comment

Working...
                                X