No announcement yet.

Announcing GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a regular issue for August or will there be #12 and this one?

Won't speculate about the contents until I've read #9

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
      That's a Geoff Johns prophecy page. Which means you can ignore most of it.
      Pretty much.

And the cover probably means the (temporary) demise of the Corps as a group.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
        Is this a regular issue for August or will there be #12 and this one?

Won't speculate about the contents until I've read #9

Issue #12 and The Annual.
        No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

I must say...I like stuff that's glow in the dark, so it'll be redeemed if it is. Also though, oh hey, I haven't read Goosebumps in so long.

Comment

Like glow in the dark covers? Well let me introduce you to 1990's comics!

Seriously though, I always thought the most appropriate GITD covers were for Ostrander and Mandrake's Spectre series. THAT gimmick made sense for that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
              Like glow in the dark covers? Well let me introduce you to 1990's comics!

Seriously though, I always thought the most appropriate GITD covers were for Ostrander and Mandrake's Spectre series. THAT gimmick made sense for that title.
              Yea, I probably like it cause of growing up in the 90's and making glow in the dark creepy crawlers and such. I think the gimmick could work for GL, but even this cover as is, is generic all over.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
                Issue #12 and The Annual.
                Thank you for the answer, because I have to tell the guy in the store to order them for me.

I don't think that Hal or Sinestro is going to die. IMO do they have to combine their strengths to approach the upcoming events.

A green glow in the dark cover could look really cool. The "bleeding" effect is not really cool. I'd liked a normal logo much more.

Comment

I actuly like the annual cover, I think it'd look cheap if it was glow in the dark though.
                  Originally posted by IonFan
                  (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                  Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                  If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                  Originally posted by Quaker
                  I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

This sounds great. The return of another grade-A artist, an event involving the Black Hand, and a cool melting logo cover...I'm sold.
                    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                      Thank you for the answer, because I have to tell the guy in the store to order them for me.

I don't think that Hal or Sinestro is going to die. IMO do they have to combine their strengths to approach the upcoming events.

A green glow in the dark cover could look really cool. The "bleeding" effect is not really cool. I'd liked a normal logo much more.

I agree, the more I think about it. The corps may be broken apart or have some other dramatic occurence go down, but killing off Hal would be odd timing.

Comment

Does this mean we're finally getting this?

Comment

Originally posted by Corwin View Post

Is his greatest love the ring, or Carol? This also reminded me that I haven't liked the way Atrocitus has been drawn since Blackest Night.

Comment

I think Carol may be on the chopping block. Too bad, Hal was really starting to commit to their relationship. He wanted to stay on Earth and make things work until Sinestro came around looking for a lap dog.
                            http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

hmmmmmmm maybe hal go's red again and kills the guardians? also didnt atrocitus speak of a prophecy back in the ew run regarding the guardians?
                              TazzMission
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by TazzMission; 05-15-2012, 04:35 PM.
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

It's my take that most of this has already gone down, but not exactly as the images show. Think about it for a sec.

Hal kills Krona, the "Renegade Guardian". Note the usage of the term in Atrocitus' vision. Note the Guardian's reaction to this, stripping the ring from Hal. Note the second box as Atrocitus tells Hal that the Guardians will take Hal's greatest love from him, which reinforced by all the moody crap we had to sit through before Sinestro ripped him off a copy, tells us pretty clearly (given the time frame) that Hals' greatest love at the time of this prophecy was the ring itself. All leading up to now as Highball lives on Sinestro's nutsack while the Guardians plot and scheme, the eventual outcome being Hal's "revolt" and his losing "everything as the universe divides" which HAS to be a reference to the coming Third Army and whatever events go down during that.

Just a thought, but it seems to make sense. The term "renegade" can't be a mistake or a coincidence, but it obviously couldn't be too much of a reveal that far back in the storyline. Hence why I think we're here and now.

Comment

Working...
                                X