Ame-Comi Jade and Star Saphire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ame-Comi Jade and Star Saphire

In issue #8 of Ame-Comi Girls. Thoughts? (Jade is blind and has her own oath)

I'm reading this in print, so it will be a while before I have thoughts on these two.

Comment

when does this come out?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Digital version is already out, no idea when the print version is due though.

Comment

As a whole I am enjoying the series thus far. I am a bit surprised this next arc with be GL centric.

Comment

Just realized that they borrowed a bit from Rot Lop Fan's oath:

In loudest din or hush profound
            my ears hear evil's slightest sound
            let those who toll out evil's knell
            beware my power, the F-Sharp Bell!

Cool.

Comment

It looks really cool, I'm definitely going to check out these issues. I love Jade's design in this.
              No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

I'll get this issue when it comes out in prine. I don't know if it's lame that Jade "borrowed" her oath or cool.

I can't help but also wonder (hypothetically) whether I'd want this version of Jade in the new 52 or if that's just nonsense ...

Comment

Her name is Jade, she appears to be blind but using the GL ring to do "sounds as pictures", hence her eyes are shown "open" instead of closed, the storybook way of showing a blind person.

Also Chinese, and the Communist Red Chinese government appears in the second issue to be taking a "please hand it over" demand rather than what you might expect of "shoot her now, get that ring!" with the DCnu52's governments.

I do like this version of Jade with a ring, but I worry about her possible limited scope. It will be interesting to see who visits her first, the Guardians of the Universe, or their Manhunter androids.

Comment

Wondering if we'll see an Arisia cameo soon as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X