X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looks crazy

Comment

Oh he's crazy alright. Crazy fun!
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

If this place had a pancreas, it would be TazzMission. It is now gone and we miss all the crazy, tin-foil hat wearing hormones.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Maybe it's also because of the lack of taking the piss out of Ionfan. Maybe I should make a thread about my pathetic non-existent love life.

But as I've said, I think we need a project.
          Originally posted by IonFan
          (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
          Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
          Originally posted by Quaker
          I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
            If this place had a pancreas, it would be TazzMission. It is now gone and we miss all the crazy, tin-foil hat wearing hormones.
            I think we should invite him back. The feuds between me and that guy were funny, I remember when he made a poll asking who's more annoying out of the both of us.
            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
              I think we should invite him back.
              Haha. No.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                Haha. No.

Comment

1. It pains me that none of you mention Corps Cast as a reason this place could be suffering.

2. I do my best to provide you with Joshua Jackson gifs when needed.

3. I still read most of the lantern books but I'm buying a lot of Marvel right now (Black Widow, Hawkeye, All New X-men, Uncanny X-men, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Punisher, New Avengers, Superior Foes of Spider-Man).

Comment

I'm still here! THE CHAMP IS HERE!

Comment

Hey gang!

I know I havenít been here long and that I donít post too often, but I share some random thoughts. I believe that a great part of it is the fact that a lot of us arenít enjoying the books as much as we used to. Johnsí run by the end of it was suffering from event fatigue and he was running out of ideas since all he wrote about was the Emotional Spectrum.

I think we can say a lot of things about Johns, he was always on event mode, he ruined the Guardians, his storytelling could be decompressed at times, gimmicky, too many Corps, etc. But he returned Hal to us, he made GL a franchise, and as much as we all hate the GL movie, we wouldnít even have had that without him.

Johnsí run at least had us intrigued back in the day: how was Hal going to deal with being back in the Air Force, would he be able to balance the officer and Corps member sides, the love triangle with Carol and Cowgirl, the lost Lanterns, the SCW, the appearance of all the other Corps, even Blackest Night had a certain allure.

Granted, Brightest Day, War of the Green Lanterns, and almost all the crap from the New 52 have been quite mediocre (I think Johns should have ended his run with Blackest Night), but some of us gave him a pass based on some of the other work that he did, and of course, for ending his run with a very positive futures to all the Earth Green Lanterns. It was a celebration that ended all on a happy note!

When we got Venditti I was willing to give him a shot, but sadly his run so far has been quite boring and decompressed. There hasnít been anything exciting to talk about. None of us like the villains, we all hate the emotional reservoir concept and Halís characterization. It seems that rather that come here and complain (weíve done that ad nauseam), we just arenít caring much, sales have gone down as you all know.

The lack of films (live or animated), the cancellation of the GLTAS, dampened the mood, and since the last version of Hal in the Justice League War is based on one of Johnsí worst titles, doesnít help. We might talk about Injustice, etc. but I donít think anybody here is that excited.
                      There are no real big news when it comes to the GL Universe at the moment. The only announcement so far is that later weíll see a crossover between GL and GLC that nobody cares about.

We can only hope that we get some exciting news when Con season starts. If not, we can still discuss a lot of topics outside GL.

Letís hope we hear something to get us in the mood to recharge our ringsÖ

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                        DC put all its chips on the emotional spectrum, and it's flopping.
                        No too flop, would imply that the books crashed and burned off the bat. The emotional spectrum was popular for several years, specifically when Geoff Johns was writing the GL book.
                        Mister.Weirdo
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 03-24-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                          That sucks, can't you report it to PayPal?
                          Oh, I did and the funds paid to him are on hold. The guy has 10 calendar days to either refund or provide the merchandise that he agreed upon with tracking information that Paypal will review. If he fails to comply within the specified time, his account will be suspended and the money will be automatically refunded. I'm getting everyone else to do this, so he'll be forced to pay up.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                            I think we should invite him back. The feuds between me and that guy were funny, I remember when he made a poll asking who's more annoying out of the both of us.
                            Funny thing- I thought you were Tazz using a sock puppet account when you first signed up. Your posts and styles were remarkably similar... and you went right to the Social Groups, which was a subject of controversy for a spell.

Comment

Well that's good to hear at least. Still, bunch of fucking hassle. Hate dealing with online transactions.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Tazz was trolling me on the old DC GL board and got banned for it. He was calling me R. Kelly and all kinds of stuff. I felt sorta bad about it. I wish they hadn't banned him..

Comment

Working...
                                X