Where and what is the Black Entity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where and what is the Black Entity?

It was said at one point that Black Hand *is* the Black Entity. And Evil Star opened him up looking for it and didn't find it... and I swear there was a Geoff answer at a convention that said we *would* see it... but it's been many years and still nada.

I think the general idea is that Black Hand is the Black Entity, but only when he is actively dead... but that doesn't make any sense. What was the Black Entity before he was born?

Will we ever see it? And *should* we see it?

Black Hand is the entity, the embodiment of the black.

Comment

Eh, we shouldn't see any of the entities again. Or have them be referenced. The rainbow fad is over. DC just needs to finish sweeping.

Comment

Maybe they didn't exist before Black Hand and Nekron. I don't recall a retcon saying the Black Lanterns were always around. I think they're a negation, not like the whites or the colors. That's also why they were a curveball for Relic and the New Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Maybe they didn't exist before Black Hand and Nekron. I don't recall a retcon saying the Black Lanterns were always around. I think they're a negation, not like the whites or the colors. That's also why they were a curveball for Relic and the New Gods.
          Black Hand is one thing (he was a normal weird guy that was born and grew up like you and I). But Nekron has always been around.

Comment

And the Black Entity can't be just created when William Hand was born. That wouldn't make any sense. By the same token that if you fuck with the White Entity, all Life dies (as we saw when it was in jeopardy)... as long as there has been death there must be the Black Entity.

Comment

Yeah, I remembered about Nekron some time after I posted.

Still, the haven't shown any pre-existence of the Blacks before they popped up in GL.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                Will we ever see it? And *should* we see it?
                No and no. If they were to give you an answer it would probably piss you off more than not knowing does.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                Still, the haven't shown any pre-existence of the Blacks before they popped up in GL.
                Yea, issue #87 changed everything:

I know, I know, low hanging fruit.

Comment

Comment

I always thought Nekron was the black entity himself or something.
                    Proud owner of a Justice League Europe number 1 issue.
                    Which currently is worth less than my Kick-Ass 2 issue 1.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainFrxz View Post
                      I always thought Nekron was the black entity himself or something.
                      Naw, he's not, and if he was that'd go against every rule of what an entity is and does. He's basically just the Grim Reaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                        Naw, he's not, and if he was that'd go against every rule of what an entity is and does. He's basically just the Grim Reaper.
                        With all aspects of death DC has it gets confusing sometimes.
                        Black Racer,Death the goth girl etc, i mean who is the death above all others at this point?
                        Proud owner of a Justice League Europe number 1 issue.
                        Which currently is worth less than my Kick-Ass 2 issue 1.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainFrxz View Post
                          i mean who is the death above all others at this point?

That's the only one that's the real deal.

Comment

For this issue I fanfixed it in my head cannon to make it where Nekron makes sense. I don't care if it's not official or if it's not Geoff retconning it in, I'm hanging onto this for my own sanity. I now submit my own crazy explanation:

'Nekron' mentioned that he existed before life in one of the comics in Blackest Night or such. Lets assume now that Nekron is possessed like Hal [or more so like Kyle] with Parallax was, but with the black entity. This provides the reason why Nekron is so different from before, instead of wanting to live life and feel emotions, he is possessed and trying to get rid of emotions. But what then would be possessing him? It would have to be some sort of entropy entity, some sort of being that is against life. Like say the anti-life equation. Cosmic Odyssey might've not been the best story but it did show the anti-life equation as a being that was stuck in its own void realm. Not being able to fully escape the realm it then instead possesses someone/something with a strong desire [Like a strong desire to want to feel emotion like Nekron does].

I have also headconned some other things. Like in the third law when Krona was entropy, he was also unknowingly and momentarily possessed by the anti-life equation. Getting more crazy, I decided that an unpossessed Nekron isn't death but is really a shepherd that herds the lost dead to their designated afterlifes. Like for instance if Superman died on Earth, he would goto the heaven that people on Earth go, and wouldn't see any of his family from Krypton since they would have gone to another heaven; but he would also be able to pass through space limbo like a highway and try to find a way across to have a visit. This then also trys to solve why DC has multiple Hells/deaths and such, they all exist in different space sectors.

Now if only I could headcannon away Krona Jr my life would be much happier.

Comment

So did they ever end up explaining what the Black Entity is and how it ended up in/a part of Black Hand?

Comment

Working...
                              X