No announcement yet.

"The GLs are vanishing from the DCU..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I have to admit I have no ideas for Baz. He's Geoff's baby.

Come to think of it, I doubt that anybody writing in the GL franchise now would even recognize the phrase, "the one true Green Lantern."

Comment

Ooh, I forgot about Baz. If this grabs everybody sporting a Green Ring, he SHOULD go, too. Bet he won't though. If it is explained at all, it will be because his ring was made unique somehow by the conflicting instructions given it when it was sent to find a bearer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Ooh, I forgot about Baz. If this grabs everybody sporting a Green Ring, he SHOULD go, too. Bet he won't though.
        If Baz does end up staying, and the only GLs and GL titles still active in our universe are Hal, Sinestro, and Baz, can we agree that it is not coincidence and that it is, in fact, Geoff's manipulations?

At that point... c'mon. How can you not see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          If Baz does end up staying, and the only GLs and GL titles still active in our universe are Hal, Sinestro, and Baz, can we agree that it is not coincidence and that it is, in fact, Geoff's manipulations?

At that point I would feel like Baz's continued presence might most reasonably be explained by him being Geoff's baby. But I wouldn't necessarily buy that Geoff was planning the entire thing.

Comment

First, I think that they're just letting the Sinestro title play out its string. They know it'll fail eventually.

As far as Hal and Baz go -- I don't see any reason to think Geoff is calling the shots about those two. The people running the franchise know that Geoff believes it's all about Hal, and they won't flush a character who he created.

Geoff doesn't have to give any orders there. They're just deferring to him.

Comment

By deferring to him, do you mean them sitting at their Word Processor wondering, "What Would Geoff Do?" (WWGD)

Comment

By deferring to him, do you mean them sitting at their Word Processor wondering, "What Would Geoff Do?" (WWGD)
                Well, yeah. And maybe more like, "I don't need to do anything that he would hate."

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                  First, I think that they're just letting the Sinestro title play out its string. They know it'll fail eventually.

As far as Hal and Baz go -- I don't see any reason to think Geoff is calling the shots about those two. The people running the franchise know that Geoff believes it's all about Hal, and they won't flush a character who he created.

Geoff doesn't have to give any orders there. They're just deferring to him.
                  That scenario I see as more likely than Geoff pulling the strings. That people figure they know what he would want, and don't want to step on his toes...which is not the same as him planning anything himself.

But I'm not even convinced that would be the motivator behind this move, overall. Baz sticking around (assuming he does)? Yeah, that I can definitely buy either as people being unwilling to mess with Geoff's creation, or even him saying, about that specific character, "Don't send him to another universe, I've got plans." But I don't think the idea of the GLC going to another universe, or Hal and Sinestro staying behind, needs be explained by either Geoff being a puppetmaster OR by people guessing at his desires and trying to follow them.
                  Mister Ed
                  Horse of a Different Color
                  Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-10-2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    That scenario I see as more likely than Geoff pulling the strings. That people figure they know what he would want, and don't want to step on his toes...which is not the same as him planning anything himself.

But I'm not even convinced that would be the motivator behind this move, overall. Baz sticking around? Yeah, that I can definitely buy either as people being unwilling to mess with Geoff's creation, or even him saying, about that specific character, "Don't send him to another universe, I've got plans." But I don't think the idea of the GLC going to another universe, or Hal and Sinestro staying behind, needs be explained by either Geoff being a puppetmaster OR by people guessing at his desires and trying to follow them.
                    I really don't think they would use Baz just to kiss up to Geoff. But they might stop short of actually flushing him so as not to unnecessarily alienate Geoff. I could see THAT going on in their heads. I mean, to flush that character would be a public repudiation of Geoff, and they have no motive to do that. Hell, they're already flushing the emotional spectrum.

Comment

I also don't think DC will ever back down from any nod toward political correctness, which of course is what the creation of Baz was. For the same reason, I'm sure that they'll never back down from having a gay Alan on Earth 2. The good part of that is that what happens on Earth 2 can stay on Earth 2.

Comment

I'm of the mind that Kyle and Guy will not be in this title. They are not Green Lanterns and Cullen Bunn doesn't say anything about them in the interviews he's done. That's good news for me, because I'd prefer for John Stewart not to have to split panel time with those others. He needs his focus. I liked how Jensen advanced and repaired his character and I'd like to see even more of that.

Excited as all get out!
                        ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                          I'm of the mind that Kyle and Guy will not be in this title. They are not Green Lanterns and Cullen Bunn doesn't say anything about them in the interviews he's done.
                          If you've read what I've got planned, you know that Guy and Kyle would be in good hands with me. John too.

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                            I'm of the mind that Kyle and Guy will not be in this title. They are not Green Lanterns and Cullen Bunn doesn't say anything about them in the interviews he's done.
                            Isn't there mention of seeing somebody you haven't seen in green for a while? That could easily be interpreted as Guy or Kyle. Is that what it actually means? I dunno. I think it likely that one or both of them will appear, because I'm skeptical that DC would drop them entirely, and there really isn't any other title going forward where they seem like they might be used. (Unless they are going to share GL with Hal, but that's not the feeling I'm getting.)

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                              If you've read what I've got planned, you know that Guy and Kyle would be in good hands with me. John too.
                              Oh... okay.

Anyway, Bunn did address Baz:
                              CV: Even Simon Baz?

CB: Well, because it’s all the Green Lanterns, I have to focus on a core group. Simon is not in the core group that I am focusing on.

CV: Can I ask what characters we can expect?

CB: I can tell you who my core group is going to be. Some of it is a little bit of a spoiler though…I can tell you some of them. I can tell you, you’ll see John Stewart, Kilowog, Arisia, …you’re going to see a couple of new Lanterns that you haven’t really seen much of and you might see some others that’ll be surprising to you to see as part of the Green Lanterns.
                              http://www.comicvine.com/articles/in...-/1100-151610/

I'm under the impression the only human here is John Stewart.
                              ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Baz will be featured in an upcoming issue of justice league per Geoff Johns.

Comment

Working...
                                X