Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The GLs are vanishing from the DCU..."

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't understand, what exactly it is that you want us to do? Start a grass roots movement for you to write GL? March on DC's offices and validate your fanfiction? 'Cause it's not going to work ... You're not in a position to pitch to DC, it's well known that they only invite people with previous writing credits to pitch to them. Now maybe you are working on getting to that point but if you are, you haven't shared it with us. Instead you just post in multiple threads about how you should be writing GL.
    Right. Consider: besides the fact that they won't take your scripts let's say for instance you manage to get every regular user on here to back you (to get us all to agree on a single take of GL would be a miracle itself). Let's be ultra generous and assume that is 100 people. What is your unsolicited script and 100 people on a petition? When sales are bad, GL still gets about 30,000 readers. The super nerd fans are a drop in the bucket (besides the fact they're already the most likely to buy the book even when they don't like it).

    I'm not even trying to be cynical, just realistic. Your best bet is to break into the industry through independent comics and when you're big, DC will listen.

    Comment


    • #47
      There's no hurry. It'll take a few years for the next new direction to fade. I'll just put up enough scripts that word will get around. I've posted only three but they make the case, and plenty more that are as good or better are coming.

      Comment


      • #48
        Or...you could write an indy comic and get it drawn and published so you have something real to show somebody.

        You thinking you can just start off by writing fanfic scripts to one of the biggest properties in comics and get THAT job because your fanfic is so good shows you don't get how the industry works. They would just laugh you off as a mark. They used to get a hundred of you a day, which is exactly why they no longer accept submissions.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
          Or...you could write an indy comic and get it drawn and published so you have something real to show somebody.

          You thinking you can just start off by writing fanfic scripts to one of the biggest properties in comics and get THAT job because your fanfic is so good shows you don't get how the industry works. They would just laugh you off as a mark. They used to get a hundred of you a day, which is exactly why they no longer accept submissions.
          Again Dave, if you won't read it, then please don't comment on it. Please.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
            Again Dave, if you won't read it, then please don't comment on it. Please.
            Except he's not commenting on your scripts, he's commenting on your apparent misunderstanding of how people get work at DC. He's read the relevant posts to comment on that.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Except he's not commenting on your scripts, he's commenting on your apparent misunderstanding of how people get work at DC. He's read the relevant posts to comment on that.
              He's commenting without knowing about the material he's dismissing, and he (and you) are assuming that I don't know anything about the "proper channels." I know all about that.
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-11-2015, 03:05 PM.

              Comment


              • #52
                Don't object that I need a writing credit before I'm worthy to write a funny-book. I know how that works.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                  He's commenting without knowing about the material he's dismissing, and he (and you) are assuming that I don't know anything about the "proper channels." I know all about that.
                  He's not dismissing the material (in this instance. I know he has in other instances). He's commenting about the process. And the thing is, given what you've said, it DOESN'T sound like you know about the "proper channels", because nothing about your plan to get into writing GL sounds like it acknowledges anything about how getting hired for that job DEMONSTRABLY works, given ALL prior evidence.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                    Don't object that I need a writing credit before I'm worthy to write a funny-book. I know how that works.
                    You need a prior writing credit before you are considered to write a major title for a major comic publisher, yes. Or at least all available evidence points in that direction. "Worthiness" in a misleading term. Even if we all thought you were the best person for the job, that wouldn't mean that DC would hire you to write a slate of GL books with nary a writing credit to your name.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      All the guys getting in are indie guys with a stack of comics they've had published. Or a novelist which was a big thing for DC in the early 2000s. You're not even Richard Donner's errand boy.

                      The best thing to do would be to get something...ANYTHING published by a small indie publisher. Do that for a year, then come up with a pitch of your own idea for Image comics.
                      ...Then stay there because DC and Marvel pretty much suck and you wouldn't want to work for them anyway.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Ed... except for your ongoing thing about the ring constructs, every time you go at it with me -- which you have to admit is quite often -- it's because you ASSUME something that just isn't so. Like that hubbub about the Spectre, remember? Just put that business out of your head about me not knowing about the writing credit and me not being able to do anything about it. OK?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          For those who think Goeff is behind this,Tupac is still a live! and Goeff is not just changing Green Lantern as he see fit,he is the leader of the Illumnati readying the world for the new world order! He is also a lizard perseon. How sad is it that me a actual conspiracy nut is calling you crazy?


                          Jokeing a side. This could be good for Green Lantern. If they build up the Sinestro Corps the new GLC that gives GL a place to go when it comes back to the basic universe. This could be great. Doubtful but possible.

                          If the SC replaces the GLC it gives the GLC a worth while mission. that The SC may take care of business, but they have no quams about colatral damage,wich dose not seem like a big deal,until it's you being sacraficed for the greater good. "IF" DC plays that angle wright SC could become popular. Who wouldn't like some lantern's with smoe ballz for a change.

                          How awesome would it be if the JLA went to fight Darksied and Sinestro just showed up and killed him in like 2 seconds? Then when clark and Batman get all pissy he lays it down. Darksied was a glactic threat,thus my people's problem. You do alot of good here that is why I shall allow you to continue.


                          Then when Batman's ego gets all butt sore Hal stops him and says dude just go with it. You don't want him as a enemy. We may be able to beat him together but not with out casualties,and when he comes back,and he will come back. it will be with a whole lot more of him,then after they kill us, Earth is under Sinestro's controll. So put your silly little Bat ninja star back in your utility belt,and act as smart as you keep telling everbody you are.
                          Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                            Ed... except for your ongoing thing about the ring constructs, every time you go at it with me -- which you have to admit is quite often -- it's because you ASSUME something that just isn't so. Like that hubbub about the Spectre, remember? Just put that business out of your head about me not knowing about the writing credit and me not being able to do anything about it. OK?
                            EDIT: I broke with my usual policy of not making major changes to (or deleting) my posts after the fact, because I realized I don't really want to get into an argument with you again. It is always so pointless. Suffice it to say that I think you have mischaracterized our previous interactions, but I'm not willing to go to bat about it, because it won't serve any useful purpose.
                            Mister Ed
                            Horse of a Different Color
                            Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-11-2015, 04:12 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Rotten, you make a good point about giving the GLC a solid antagonist to face when they DO come back. If they build up the Sinestro Corps (and stop this shrinking it, expanding it, shrinking it back and forth), it could make for a decent sequel to the SCW, arguably the last worthwhile story in the GL franchise.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Maybe it's just me but I love a good war of ideas. I would love to see awho's side will you be on arc. Sinestro'sbeing Brutal,but the universe being the safest it's ever been.

                                And the Green Lantern's with the murdering bad guys makes you the bad guys stance.a round about diologue aboutt capitol punishment.

                                Have Sinestro controll the Qwardians again and make new powerful rings,then the GL will have to step up too. I would love to see the most powerful weapon in the univers be the most powerful weapon in the uinverse again!

                                Now it os the most pityful weapon in the universe.
                                Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X