No announcement yet.

"The GLs are vanishing from the DCU..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm it does look like Guy. I wonder what happened to the "little" Green Lantern.

Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
      Hmmm it does look like Guy. I wonder what happened to the "little" Green Lantern.
      Can't say I care enough to actually read the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        Can't say I care enough to actually read the book.
        I feel like I have to since a GL is in it. 3000 is mostly corny (and too wordy), but I don't hate it and every now and then the jokes work for me (the Booster and Beetle stuff was the best bit).

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          I feel like I have to since a GL is in it.
          you don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
            you don't have to.
            Yeah, I know I won't keel over or anything. But it would bother me to read some wiki a year from now that refers to all these events about a GL that I never read.

Comment

The whole GLC Lost Army thing can be an opportunity for some great storytelling if they do it right.

We finally get to see Sinestro with a free hand in shaping the kind of peacekeeping force he's always wanted for the universe.

However, we will ultimately see how insane and unrealistic such a situation will be. In a sense this is letting Sinestro find out for himself that this was a failed venture from the start.

Ideally, what he has always wanted was an army of Batmans. Individuals who can strike fear into hearts and minds but have the ability in enforcing universal order.

The fact is, if you wind up moving away from the calm center "sweet spot" of Will, you are in a compromised situation. Whether you are talking about the all-consuming pull of rage that Red Lanterns have to contend with, or the capricious passion of the Star Sapphires.

Sinestro thus, has no choice but to recruit from those who live in Fear's domain, namely psychopaths and sociopaths. Individuals whose moral cores are zero to nil.

He will have the expansion he wants. He will have the influence and scope he's always dreamed. But it will be Korugar all over again. In the end, he will almost welcome the inevitable return of the Green Lanterns to the DCU in order to save the universe from the force he's unleashed.

At that point, it should be an epic all out war against an established Sinestro Corps having taken the place as intergalactic peacekeepers, over a veteran GLC that has been tried and tested in an alien universe from a long time ago.

That's my hope anyway for how this whole GLC lost army/Sinestro storyline unfolds.

Comment

Working...
              X