This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask the experts

Let's use this thread to ask our fellow posters for information.

I'll kick it off. Who was the character who was like a cicada in that he was buried for some number of years before coming out?
    The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
    Let's use this thread to ask our fellow posters for information.

I'll kick it off. Who was the character who was like a cicada in that he was buried for some number of years before coming out?
    Dave Cormier? I was at his coming out party.

Comment

Andrew rolled out the shag carpet for me. There was dancing and frolicking. It was beautiful.

Comment

I am not sure. Wasn't black hand actually burried? I remember Stel being put in a kinda glass coffin,same with Sinestro,other then that I would guess Nekron.I think I remember a image of him poping out of the Ground,with flesh and what not dripping off him. I wanna say that was like a Green Lantern Corps special or something.

I am guessing not who you were looking for though.
        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

No, he's talking about a GL that was literally a bug (like a locust). I can picture him real clearly but I can't remember the name.

Comment

Xax?

Comment

I think it's the character who at the end of one story was rubbing against Hal like a cat, and Hal was laughing because it tickled. I don't think he looked like an insect.
              The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.

Comment

I'm not even sure that he was a Green Lantern.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                  I think it's the character who at the end of one story was rubbing against Hal like a cat, and Hal was laughing because it tickled. I don't think he looked like an insect.
                  Sorry to mislead. I'll ponder it some more.

Comment

Damn, maybe I imagined it.

Comment

I thought I remember Hal thinking Itty tickled at some point. Itty also was buried and resurfaced, but not for years (and he was kind of a nasty blob or something when he resurfaced, before taking his final form).

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        I thought I remember Hal thinking Itty tickled at some point. Itty also was buried and resurfaced, but not for years (and he was kind of a nasty blob or something when he resurfaced, before taking his final form).
                        You're right, it was Itty!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          I didn't even think of Itty, but that's right. He had a sort of hibernation and metamorphosis.

Comment

Anyway he'd make a good sidekick for someone, like the "little helper" character in the Gyro Gearloose comics by Carl Barks, as long as you didn't overuse him. Hmmm....

Comment

The recall you guys have on some of this stuff is uncanny. I used to think that I was the king of trivial GL knowledge until I signed up for this forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X