Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Batman have The Ring?

When did this happen?

I know Bruce was shown in Sinestro Corps War getting a ring and having it rejected, and of a 1994 Elseworlds story of Bruce getting Hal Jordan's origins, but when did this story take place?

Green Lantern #9 (I think)
    [center]

Originally posted by W.West
    DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Batman had another one long before that too.

Comment

Yeah, that was a variant cover for Green Lantern #9, where Hal and Bruce teamed-up for the first time since his return. Of course, Bats didn't end up USING the ring, just trying it on at Hal's wish to try and help him get over his parent's death.

(I am NOT gonna give you a full story review. get the damn issue. )

Comment

Barry Allen has also worn and used Hals' ring.

That's overpowered...
          Last edited by Guest; 12-02-2008, 11:21 PM.

Comment

It's funny, I remember in the first arc of Justice League International Batman and Beetle had a talk in the bug about Guy.
            It went something like this I don't have the book in front of me

Beetle:You Don't think Gardner's following us do you?
            Batman: He'll Be Out For hours
            Beetle: All the Lanterns flying around and we get him... Hey Bat's maybe you could wear the ring.
            Batman: It'd only get in my way.
            Beetle: yeah...Besides Who would ever hear of The Green Batman it almost sounds as stupid as....
            Batman: The Blue Beetle?!?
            Beetle....um ah, what're the others doing?
            Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Yeah, it was Green Lantern Vol. 4 Issue 9. A one time deal, and Batman passed on the offer after making the ring spark, but the design was very fitting for a Green Lantern Batman.

Comment

Here's a question

Not exactly portaining to this exact subject, but has anyone ever flat out refused a ring like Batman has? I know Soranik tried to but she got roped in anyways. Wouldn't it take the greatest will to resist accepting the most powerful weapon in the universe. Oh and I mean recruited by the ring, not it given has a gift a la Superman in Up, Up and Away.

Comment

I like the Batman-as-GL design except for the symbol. Batman shouldn't get to be special... he should have a relatively standard GL symbol on his chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                    I like the Batman-as-GL design except for the symbol. Batman shouldn't get to be special... he should have a relatively standard GL symbol on his chest.
                    um sorry Andrew but the goddamn Batman doesn't do the whole "standard GL symbol" thing ok why you ask cause he's the GODDAMN BATMAN duh

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                      ... he should have a relatively standard GL symbol on his chest.
                      Damn Right, Sir !!
                      I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

There's lots of GLs who have different takes on the symbol.

Oddly, I can't think of too many times when Bats has worn a ring, elseworlds or no, save for the two previously mentioned. There must have been some time in the silver age when bats wore a GL ring....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bat-wankery never ceases to amaze me....

But wasn't there a time in vol.3 when Batman had a silver age ring for a while? Then he later gave it to Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
                            Bat-wankery never ceases to amaze me....

But wasn't there a time in vol.3 when Batman had a silver age ring for a while? Then he later gave it to Kyle.
                            There was. Jade briefly lost her ring and a Bat-Villain named Anarchy found it. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I don't recall Batman ever actually wearing it.

FYI: This ring actually did have the yellow impurity in it, but I think the only time it was ever mentioned was in The New Corps where Kyle fails at restarting the Corps. Take THAT GL: Rebirth.

Now that I'm thinking about it, there was an episode of "The Batman" where the Penguin gets Hal's ring. I do believe that Bats gets to show his stuff in that episode.

Comment

You would really think Jade might take the time out to go look for the most powerful weapon in the universe when she lost it. Maybe fring a few friends to help out and such. Most people would try that if the lost a gun....

Comment

Working...
                              X