• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Mrt1000son
    Dark Lord of the Sith

• Mrt1000son
    replied
    Batman used the ring in GL #9, breifly and I think he's used it at one point before, not sure when but I think it was in the Bronze age comics

He did use it in an Elseworlds story and that elseworlds Batman did appear in Coutndown: Arena but he's never worn the ring for a long time in any DC verse

Leave a comment:

• Prime
    Attention Whore

• Prime
    replied
    Bats wore a GL ring woopdie doo. You know who was even cooler with a ring?
    GREEN ARROW. Who cares if his attack barely scratched Sinestro? It was BAD ASS!

Leave a comment:

• The_Mad_Dragon
    Captain Pervert

• The_Mad_Dragon
    replied
    It was RIGHT before OYL.

Leave a comment:

• Jack-O-Lantern
    Master Customizer

• Jack-O-Lantern
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    I like the Batman-as-GL design except for the symbol. Batman shouldn't get to be special... he should have a relatively standard GL symbol on his chest.
    I just assumed it became a hybrid symbol because whenever we seem to see superheroes get a ring that already have a uniform/costume. The new uniform takes on the traits of the old, so a Bat-Lantern symbol would make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Rayner.2814.4
    Hal's Understudy

• Rayner.2814.4
    replied
    Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
    I do believe that it was presumed to be destroyed. I think it was after one of the first battles with Fatality.

That ring actually has a bit of continuity problems. Okay, Hal gave them a ring (which, in the Silver Age, actually might not have worked), but ... where'd Kyle get the battery from?
    Supposedly, Hal left that behind as well, as far as I remember. It was then said to be able to duplicate itself as well just like the rings.

Leave a comment:

• Gauntlet101010
    Alpha-Lantern

• Gauntlet101010
    replied
    I do believe that it was presumed to be destroyed. I think it was after one of the first battles with Fatality.

That ring actually has a bit of continuity problems. Okay, Hal gave them a ring (which, in the Silver Age, actually might not have worked), but ... where'd Kyle get the battery from?

Leave a comment:

• Limelantern
    Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

• Limelantern
    replied
    You would really think Jade might take the time out to go look for the most powerful weapon in the universe when she lost it. Maybe fring a few friends to help out and such. Most people would try that if the lost a gun....

Leave a comment:

• Gauntlet101010
    Alpha-Lantern

• Gauntlet101010
    replied
    Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
    Bat-wankery never ceases to amaze me....

But wasn't there a time in vol.3 when Batman had a silver age ring for a while? Then he later gave it to Kyle.
    There was. Jade briefly lost her ring and a Bat-Villain named Anarchy found it. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I don't recall Batman ever actually wearing it.

FYI: This ring actually did have the yellow impurity in it, but I think the only time it was ever mentioned was in The New Corps where Kyle fails at restarting the Corps. Take THAT GL: Rebirth.

Now that I'm thinking about it, there was an episode of "The Batman" where the Penguin gets Hal's ring. I do believe that Bats gets to show his stuff in that episode.

Leave a comment:

• Limelantern
    Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

• Limelantern
    replied
    Bat-wankery never ceases to amaze me....

But wasn't there a time in vol.3 when Batman had a silver age ring for a while? Then he later gave it to Kyle.

Leave a comment:

• Gauntlet101010
    Alpha-Lantern

• Gauntlet101010
    replied
    There's lots of GLs who have different takes on the symbol.

Oddly, I can't think of too many times when Bats has worn a ring, elseworlds or no, save for the two previously mentioned. There must have been some time in the silver age when bats wore a GL ring....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mycroft
    unable to translate

• Mycroft
    replied
    ... he should have a relatively standard GL symbol on his chest.
    Damn Right, Sir !!

Leave a comment:

• IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    I like the Batman-as-GL design except for the symbol. Batman shouldn't get to be special... he should have a relatively standard GL symbol on his chest.
    um sorry Andrew but the goddamn Batman doesn't do the whole "standard GL symbol" thing ok why you ask cause he's the GODDAMN BATMAN duh

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    Shot Caller

• Andrew NDB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rot_Lop_Fan
    Guest replied
    Here's a question

Not exactly portaining to this exact subject, but has anyone ever flat out refused a ring like Batman has? I know Soranik tried to but she got roped in anyways. Wouldn't it take the greatest will to resist accepting the most powerful weapon in the universe. Oh and I mean recruited by the ring, not it given has a gift a la Superman in Up, Up and Away.

Leave a comment:

• Rayner.2814.4
    Hal's Understudy

• Rayner.2814.4
    replied
    Yeah, it was Green Lantern Vol. 4 Issue 9. A one time deal, and Batman passed on the offer after making the ring spark, but the design was very fitting for a Green Lantern Batman.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X