Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Masters RPG + GLC RPG: Anyone interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Masters RPG + GLC RPG: Anyone interested?

I tried starting one of these rpg things again on the GJ boards to no real response. So with all the different fans here who would be game for one here? I'm not sure how FlashChat works but we might use it in-game too?

Anyway guys lemme know whats up. I call Kyle Rayner and there's always the option of creating your own alien Lantern. I'd love to see somebody use a Durlan!

~KL~

It would be nice having a game here that we could all play, but my knowledge at that level is quite reduced.
    It would be nice, no doubt about it, though

Comment

I would like to create my own Lantern. That would be COOL!

Comment

Here is the rules so far until we figure out about a timed Flashchat or something. I really like that we could use a chat feature to do some live role playing.

Format And Guidelines
        Format and Game Flow
        ------------------
        Chapters will begin once weekly. These are larger parts of the whole story told from a 3rd person narrative view and should act as the guide-lines for your posts afterwards. Elaborate on what I give you. The Chapters will basically be a quick summary of what's about to happen. It's up to you to make it happen, but stick to the story. Myself and another player will act as Game Masters [or GM's] to keep the story rolling forward. The GM's will also set-up the NPC's like the Guardians and Willpower Entity [I refuse to call the whale Ion]and introduce any new threats to any situation.

In Character Chatter will be something else we're gonna try working into the game. Not every hero will be in the field, as I've said earlier, and entire plot lines revolve around a select few characters. This is where the ICC comes into play. Any heroes not in the field should be encouraged to ICC and ping-pong post back and forth to have conversations about your characters histories or past adventures. It's the same as regular dialog it just takes place between multiple players themselves. You can do this while hanging around Oa, a Sector House, or while on your way to the next battle. "ICC" should be the heading of any conversation you have in the works like with "Post" and "Chatter", be sure it is clear who you're addressing be it single character or group.

Label each post accordingly as either "Post," "Chatter" [this is out of character to plan or whatever], or "ICC." This makes it easier for GM's to sort through your posts and plans and come up with a way to start the next Chapter to include everybody.

Guide Lines/Suggestions

-----------------

1.) Posts should roughly be between 1-3 paragraphs long not including dialog. Players are encouraged to use the ICC whenever possible. If you're in a creative slump and can't think of any action ICC away! There are two larger stories within this game, you'll all have your time to shine. Challenge yourself! Donít just deal with what I give you, add on, make it difficult for your hero and the team.
        2.) Don't stray from the over-all story. If you'd like to throw in a plot line or villain PM me and we'll discuss the ideas. There will be multiple villains however, with plenty of canon characters to be beaten on as well as super villains to continue developing with current continuity.
        3.) Any complaints or concerns regarding the way the game is played, or other players should be sent directly to me, not posted on the thread. Questions on what to do, or what direction to go can be posted on the thread, or sent to me directly. Also, please let me know if you have problems posting or if you will be absent for any longer than a week.
        4.) Communicate! Get to know your peers and fellow fans of the GLC. Plan actions together through PM's or general Chatter, as well as the ICC. This game will give you the opportunity to develop your character's personality as well as your reputation on the boards.

------------------

I really hope this turns out better than the reaction from the GJ boards. The last rpg in their JSA forum died when the other GM and co-plotter bailed on me when we lost a lot of members. A decent rpg needs at LEAST 8 or so heads, a GLC one could be HUGE very easy and we could all tell our Lantern's stories from the Lantern's eyes. If you find you get bored with the game you could even have your GL killed in duty. I think opening up the floor and giving each Lantern their own history would be cool for a few folks. No reason their lives on home-planets would be any less interesting than the Earth Lanterns. Soranik Natu has got her hands full on Korugar now. And as far as I know Vath hasn't had any connection yet on Rann fleshed out. This will also be an awesome game to play as each others partners, a Vath/Isamot team would rock as hard as anything!

~KL~

Comment

I'm in. although I have zero experience with this sort of thing, I would like to give it a try.

Couple questions: what the limits to custom GLs? I mean could I take Red Tornado, give him a ring and call him Green Tornado? Or would it have to be a completely new creation?

Just wondering what the limits are, because if this gets started I will be using a new Lantern, most likely one I create but the idea of using a pre-existing hero and giving them a ring might be kinda cool too.
          sigpic
          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Alien Lantern's ONLY.

This avoids the possibility of a dozen Earth GL's and challenges the players a little more. You can create your own species and what sector you will represent [but make sure you don't take another existing Lantern's sector!] or you can use an existing alien race in the DCU. It might be interesting to see a Tamaranian Lantern, or maybe some of Kyle's New Corps could be drafted into the rebuilding Corps.

This game will take place after the Sin Corps War is over for awhile. We're just all starting on the same base ground of being Lanterns one and all. No space entities or uber-powerful races should be in your minds [cause a Daxamite Lantern is enough but giving an alien one or two other abilities is cool with me, but make 'em interesting!]. Once we get more of a roster on this thing I'll give you guys the "solicits" I guess for the first couple chapters. An old villain from Hal Jordan AND Kyle Rayner's past experiences will show up and mystery will ensue across the galaxy. And a Daxamite super-villain will wage a one man war against Sodam Yat and any other Lanterns that get in his way.

Don't forget if you want you can always introduce a rookie GL in training and whomever may choose Kilowog to put the rooks through hell before we gather to go into a battle!

~KL~

Comment

Sounds good to me. Couple more things then:

I don't know much about Sectors/whos where etc. Can the entire alien world be unique? Or does it have to be pre-existing in the GL mythos?

Heres my initial idea for a custom GL: The planet Goatse is composed largely of two dominant species: The Reptilians and the Insectiods (names could change but it won't matter). Due to the ever advancing technology and the pollution that has accompanied it, the Reptilians were forced to use cybernetic components to continue to survive (it is also due to them that the planet is in the state its in). Due to their reliance on cybernetics, the Reptilians have reached the pinnacle of mechanical/organic unity. The entire population has some form of cybernetic enhancement, usually just so they can survive. This also allows for a form of collective consciousness, altho free will is still expressed by all. The Insectiods on the other hand do not need any enhancements to survive in this climate, but they are pissed at what has happened to the planet. The two races live in animosity and occasional conflict with each other. They were once both peaceful races, but due to this the Reptilians were allowed to advance technology and thus brought about the diminished state of the planet. Now they are enemies.

Downfall: The Insectiods began to increase their attacks on the Reptilians, and at one time threated to overcome them. In light of this, military advancement proceeded at an accelerated rate, creating highly powerful Cyborgs on the Reptilian side. They were able to defeat the Insectiods and have since forced them to live underground. With the help of a traitorous Reptilian scientist, the Insectoids managed to create a virus which would attack the Cybernetics implanted in the Reptilians. A vast majority of the Reptilian population was destroyed, and society crumbled. The Insectiods have overrun the planet and are now the vastly dominant species. Furthermore, the planet it begining to revert back to its former beauty.

My GL - (Unnamed) is a highly decorated military leader in the ranks of the Reptilian army. Along with being a highly skilled warrior, he is is 60% Cybernetic. Prior to the release of the virus, he obtained the ability to disconnect himself from the collective consciousness, and thus was spared being infected by the virus. He lead many of the major battles with the Insectiods, and stood victorious many times. However with failing soldiers (due to the virus) he was forced to abandon his post, as well as Reptilian society (which has essentially crumbled into nothing). Before he escaped, he managed to procure the most advanced military technology and has since incorporated it into himself. Since then he has lead a one man army in a vain attempt to resurrect his species. His fearlessness was noted by the Guardians, and they decided to give him a new home in a new society, that of the Green Lantern Corps. Leaving his planet, the Insectiods stood victorious and are now the single dominant species.

Before I do into specifics on my GL, let me know if this works as a premise. If so, I will continue, if not I guess I'll have to start over (this was all off the top of my head).

In the end tho, I plan on creating a Cyborg/Reptilian GL.
              Maverick_GL
              Last edited by Maverick_GL; 12-02-2007, 05:20 AM.
              sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

I think thats a fantastic Idea Kid, and I call Kilowog ya poozers

Who ever picks Salaak, PM me thats as close to a sector partner as I'm going to get

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work Mav, and I think you should name your GL

GOATSE

Kid - I think starting a new chapter once a month rather then once a week will be more fesible
                GLJIMT
                Last edited by GLJIMT; 12-02-2007, 05:18 AM.
                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Well, not the GL, but perhaps the planet. Sure why not, planet Goatse. It's overrun by Insectiods anyway.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                    Well, not the GL, but perhaps the planet. Sure why not, planet Goatse. It's overrun by Insectiods anyway.
                    It should be overrun by Crabs
                    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Technically crabs and lobsters/shrimp etc. are part of the same family as insects, Arthropod's, so why not imagine human size crab/scorpion people.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                        Technically crabs and lobsters/shrimp etc. are part of the same family as insects, Arthropod's, so why not imagine human size crab/scorpion people.
                        you are right, Ahhhh a wiki link, damn you

I think that one of the clans/tribes/countries or whatever should be called the Dingleberrys lol
                        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Alright bud, Goatse is one thing, but Dingleberry? Lets be reasonable here eh?
                          GLJIMT
                          Last edited by GLJIMT; 12-02-2007, 06:13 PM. Reason: you forgot to delete that later :p
                          sigpic

Comment

Green Lantern of Goatse....

I really like the idea Mav! At first your reptilian Lantern sounded similar to Isamot until you added the bits about him enhancing himself with technology. I went ahead and came up with a look that's taken me near an hour to get right. Made his lower half like a snake to differ from Isamot more and decided he upgraded himself permanent through his will and ring with the hard light/tech around his body.

Lemme know wacha think guys!

Also on the Chapters thing, since I see some folks aren't in the States a month per chapter is fine, I'd like to go for every 2 or 3 weeks maybe per chapter though instead. These things tend to die quickly if people can't keep playing without others involvement, but being two Lanterns per sector will help with that some.

~KL~
                            Ωmega Man
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by Ωmega Man; 12-02-2007, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Not too bad KL, thanks for the effort. Although I had something else in mind when I was thinking of the guy...I think I'll try to put something together today if I can.

What do you use to make sprites anyway? is there certain software I could download?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X