Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AT COMIC-CON!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AT COMIC-CON!!

    Just spent a great day in San Diego at the 40th Annual Comic Con and Green Lantern is EVERYWHERE, from the new artwork in the convention program to discussion panels that will span all 4 days!!! I attended the Jeff Johns panel and it was revealed there is some great stuff coming up!!

    However, in the Q&A session, Mr. Johns avoided my question in regards to the affection that the Gay Community has toward Green Lantern.

    My question to you, Fellow Corpsmen, is... why do you think gay men are drawn to GL?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    However, in the Q&A session, Mr. Johns avoided my question in regards to the affection that the Gay Community has toward Green Lantern.

    My question to you, Fellow Corpsmen, is... why do you think gay men are drawn to GL?
    Umm... I can't think of anything in Green Lantern that would draw gay men that isn't in most superhero comics.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's not just "Gay Men" who have a affection for GL. Being a Lesbian who has been reading GL since the late 80's I have all kinds of love for Green Lantern. And while I admit to a unhealthy attraction to Natu (unhealthy cause she isn't real) I keep coming back every month just for the panel or 2 she gets and a really really good story.




      Darth_Andrea

      Comment


      • #4
        Do these 5 exclusive Hal Jordan figures come premade or do you have to build them piece by piece?

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd say the same reason I am drawn to other men in comics or the way straight men are drawn to the females. Some of them are just incredibly hot. Kyle Rayner is quite the attractive male as well as people like Dick Grayson and Wally West
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hell, I'm straight and I think Hal is pretty damn hot. And Dick Grayson.
            [center]

            Originally posted by W.West
            DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              ^^ haha Awesome
              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

              Comment


              • #8
                I can't see what would make GL stand out as something that would appeal to the gay community any more than any other comic. Then again, I never saw the point of buying comics because you think the characters in them are hot...that's why we have porno mags.
                sigpic
                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014


                "Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah, I enjoy my women in real movies or porn. I've never understaood these guys with hardons for Power Girl or other female comic characters. Doesn't anybody rub one out to real people anymore???

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rusty View Post

                    My question to you, Fellow Corpsmen, is... why do you think gay men are drawn to GL?
                    Maybe with this new Rainbow Corps, Geoff is catering to the gays?
                    Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                      Yeah, I enjoy my women in real movies or porn. I've never understaood these guys with hardons for Power Girl or other female comic characters. Doesn't anybody rub one out to real people anymore???
                      All the time.....whats wrong with a little fantasy??
                      Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
                      Maybe with this new Rainbow Corps, Geoff is catering to the gays?
                      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This may have nothing to do with it but He did do a comic PSA against gay bashing

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                          My question to you, Fellow Corpsmen, is... why do you think gay men are drawn to GL?
                          The Green Lantern Corps is a community of sorts where sentient beings from all over the world come together and work together, with virtually no xenophobia whatsoever. And it doesn't hurt that the main characters are attractive.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yo.

                            Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                            Just spent a great day in San Diego at the 40th Annual Comic Con and Green Lantern is EVERYWHERE, from the new artwork in the convention program to discussion panels that will span all 4 days!!! I attended the Jeff Johns panel and it was revealed there is some great stuff coming up!!

                            However, in the Q&A session, Mr. Johns avoided my question in regards to the affection that the Gay Community has toward Green Lantern.

                            My question to you, Fellow Corpsmen, is... why do you think gay men are drawn to GL?
                            Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                            It's not just "Gay Men" who have a affection for GL. Being a Lesbian who has been reading GL since the late 80's I have all kinds of love for Green Lantern. And while I admit to a unhealthy attraction to Natu (unhealthy cause she isn't real) I keep coming back every month just for the panel or 2 she gets and a really really good story.
                            simple fact: regardless of the persons persuasion, its just that Hal Jordan is *that* kinda man..............



                            but I'll admit I didnt know that gays were *drawn* to the title; thats news to me. perhaps it has something to do w/Winnick having been a writer in the past?




                            Tazer


                            Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              haha gay men are drawn ti GL...I didnt know that must of missed that memo since Im in that category

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X