Alpha Lanterns? (discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Lanterns? (discussion)

Aren't alpha lanterns basically a green lantern based copy of the new blue beatle?

alpha lanterns= lantern infused in their torso
    blue beatle= scarab attached to his spine

both lanterns and the BB change appearance in a similarishkinda way.
    "Don't disturb my circles."

(insert Mighty Morphin joke here)

Comment

Alpha Lanterns

Alpha Lanterns, so what's your thoughts on them?
      Last edited by Guest; 12-24-2007, 08:11 PM.

Comment

So many questions about them before we can really form an opinion. All we know is... they are existing Green Lanterns and will be "the police of the police," meaning they will dole out punishment to GLs who misbehave.

Questions that need to be answered:

1) Did they volunteer for the Alpha Lantern project, or was it forced on them?

2) What is the extent of the surgeries performed on them? Is it reversable or permanent?

3) What is their power level? Do they have powers we haven't seen before?

4) Are they a kind of intermediary between the Guardians and criminals, or are they to be judge, jury, and executioner themselves?

Comment

Like Judge Dredd kind of.... maybe?

Comment

I thought they were supposed to be like the "Fists of the Guardians" from Emerald Dawn II, they are like Cops for the Cops (IA), and go about investigating suspected bad juju in the Green Lantern Corps. Or something like that.

Comment

will from the looks of them, they have battery's for hearts so..... maybe their like the "new" IONs (i.e. they'll nver need to recharge again)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

3 more days and then it starts.

Comment

Internal affairs??? Insteresting theory
                  Take a look at my customs

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...read.php?t=939

Comment

I like it. They are starting to break the corps down in to depts. which is cool. Giving every one a job or group.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonza2814 View Post
                      Internal affairs??? Insteresting theory
                      It's not a theory. Geoff has said they're "the police of the police." It's just not clear if they're entirely autonomous, or if their brains have been re-wired to directly operate at the Guardians' will.

Comment

I hope not.

Comment

I guess my only hope is that the Alpha Lantern deal -- no matter how good the actual story or underlying message may be -- isn't, beneath it all, just a clever way to dispose of or irreperably destroy a cluster of 90s superheroes in one neat little package.

It could be used as a way for the Lost Lanterns to, when they come out of this (if they do... see above), to have a very real understanding and sympathy for Hal Jordan's time as Parallax... having then had their own strings pulled for a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                            just a clever way to dispose of or irreperably destroy a cluster of 90s superheroes in one neat little package.
                            come on, ya know Geoff has to clip the lost lanterns, they're the last link to Hal's "infection". I think its weak because they could be good supporting character but...

Comment

It looks like Boodika is the only Lost Lantern becoming an Alpha Lantern though. Just to catch up, how many Lost Lanterns are there left?

Dead:
                              Kreon
                              Jack T. Chance
                              Ke'Haan

Alive:
                              Boodika
                              Laira
                              Hannu
                              Graf Toren
                              Tomar-Tu

Am I missing anyone?

Comment