Alpha Lanterns? (discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Lanterns? (discussion)

so wat the hell do they do ????? im confused???

Comment

We don't know yet.
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Are they they not going to police the corp?

Comment

like internal affairs???

Comment

They monitor the Lanterns to make sure that they don't abuse their murdering power.
            [center]

Originally posted by W.West
            DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

thanks

Comment

Yeah thanks, I was not aware of this. I figured they would be given full Lethal Force capabilities, not just Vs. Sin Corps.
                sigpic
                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

What they should've done with the Alpha Lanterns -- if they wanted to go to the extent they've gone -- is have their members be basically cyborgs built around the corpses of Green Lanterns that fell during the Sinestro Corps War. What do you think?

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by ion.nai View Post
                    also....
                    doesn't having corps members amped up and power boosted in order to monitor other members show that the guardians have a lack of faith in the corps. do they fear that their knights of will power can no longer be trusted? the guardians seem to be the catalyst for the blackest night prophecy.
                    the whole point of the SCW was that the Guardians are now afraid; wat we're seeing now is the fallout from said fear.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                      Just someone else from his race?

He's listed as alive in the new Secret Files. Strangely, it also indicates that Green Man II is Green Man I... meaning... he never died in Omega Men.
                      This is doubly odd because when the character was "reintroduced" over in GLC Recharge, it was explicitly stated that it was NOT the same guy.

Comment

Y'know, I was wondering if there will be any explanation as to why Varix-as-Alpha-Lantern is so wildly different in body shape to his normal, human-looking self. None of the other Alpha Lanterns seem to have changed THAT drastically.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that too. Which I was wondering about.

Comment

I say bring back the Fists! They should police the corps and be amazing.

I must say though, the Alpha Lanterns remind me of an issue of Planetary where that universe's version of the GLC bonds the lantern with the host permanently and can only be removed upon their death.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                              I say bring back the Fists! They should police the corps and be amazing.

I must say though, the Alpha Lanterns remind me of an issue of Planetary where that universe's version of the GLC bonds the lantern with the host permanently and can only be removed upon their death.
                              I had no idea Planetary had a GLC in it??? Issue numbers please
                              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

An interesting comparison with the Alpha Lanterns would be when the Guardians tried creating the New Guardians in Jet and Gloss.

Comment

Working...
                                X