• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Mrt1000son
    Dark Lord of the Sith

• Mrt1000son
    replied
    Chaselon's one of the oldest Lantern chracters (and technically a 'Lost Lantern' since he was found on Biot like Arisa and Lashea/Salaak's ex) but no writer ever seemed to really do anything with him, he could've become more interesting if he'd gone after Bedovian for killing Diamalon during the Sinestro Corps War, but they made him into an Alpha Lantern instead

Same for Green Man, like Chaselon he's always stuck to the rules and never really developed as a character, although I can see that like Chaselon, he could've become more comitted to dispensing justice after Deaspotellis nearly made him kill Stel, like Chaselon must be for Bedovian killing Diamalon

But as for Varix, he always seems that been an asshole and Boodika just won't let her missing hand go

I do wish John Stewart had become an Alpha Lantern, it would've been interesting to see how that turned out

Also, there's 6 Alphas for a Corps of 7200, isn't that just a little too much for them to handle, even if they don't need to sleep? And they've got their own sectors to look after too on top of their Alpha duties

Leave a comment:

• Maverick_GL

• Maverick_GL
    replied
    Originally posted by W.West View Post
    ..some characters need to be assholes
    But not Green Man and Chaselon

Leave a comment:

• W.West

• W.West
    replied
    Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
    I wouldn't mind them nearly as much if they were created for the story. But I hated that exhisting lanterns were modified into alphas.

And I have always believed that once their part in FC is over, they're gonna die.
    Same here. I think after Final Crisis is up, they'll be gone as well. Though, I do like them..some characters need to be assholes, its the nature of the business they're in. If people liked them then they would probably suck at their job.

Leave a comment:

• Limelantern
    Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

• Limelantern
    replied
    I wouldn't mind them nearly as much if they were created for the story. But I hated that exhisting lanterns were modified into alphas.

And I have always believed that once their part in FC is over, they're gonna die.

Leave a comment:

• Daxamite1760
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Lishego View Post
    I think the concept is pretty cool, I think thev're suppose to creep you out, l would think there made that way so that if they do come for you, it makes you uneasy. I have a feeling that after all is said and done they will go bye-bye.
    Yeah, I definitely think Johns has plans for them, but if another writer takes over sometime down the road *knocks on wood* they'll probably write them off.

Leave a comment:

• Lishego
    Guest replied
    I think the concept is pretty cool, I think thev're suppose to creep you out, l would think there made that way so that if they do come for you, it makes you uneasy. I have a feeling that after all is said and done they will go bye-bye.

Leave a comment:

• Daxamite1760
    Guest replied
    I agree. I don't like them either. It seems the Guardians have taken a step backwards with them. Trying to fuse both Lanterns and Manhunters is basically going back and upgrading Manhunters, and we all know how that ended. It's a bad idea. If they wanted an Internal Affairs type group they should have just created a group of Lanterns to do that. Or made the Honor Guard in charge of that.

Leave a comment:

• Mrt1000son
    Dark Lord of the Sith

• Mrt1000son
    replied
    The Alpha Lanterns

They're the most veteran Corps members who've been fused with thier batteries and Manhunter technology, they even chant, 'No Lantern Escapes The Alpha Lanterns!'

They're basically Internal Affairs who always come off as royal jerks in almost every cop shows ever aired

Personally, I don't like them, I don't like anything about them, the second face really creeps me out when you consider how human some of them, like Boodika and Kraken used to look, it's like they've lost their souls, what made the rings choose them in the first place, they just seem like Manhunters in GL skin

Anyone else have an opinion about the Alpha Lanterns?
    Mrt1000son
    Dark Lord of the Sith
    Last edited by Mrt1000son; 09-16-2008, 02:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gauntlet101010
    Alpha-Lantern

• Gauntlet101010
    replied
    Mongul wears many rings too now that I think on it. Ditto Qwasimoto-estro.

Could be that there's greater access to the power. After all, John could't remake Xanshi with one ring ... maybe he could with more? When Hal absorbed the CPB, more than the equivallant of 3,600 rings, he was able to time travel and destroy reality.

Could also have a confidence boost (strengthening the user's will) and an intimidation factor (weakening the opposition) making the already imposing ALs just that much better.

Edit: That four-armed guy in the New Corps also had four rings at one point too, didn't he? Man, that gimmick's been really overdone...
    Gauntlet101010
    Alpha-Lantern
    Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 07-22-2008, 06:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lantern Kreon
    Weaponer of Qward

• Lantern Kreon
    replied
    ummm

Well it happened a couple of times in SCW. Hal steals a bunch of yellow rings, CySupes has mutiple yellow rings.

Leave a comment:

• Gauntlet101010
    Alpha-Lantern

• Gauntlet101010
    replied
    I'm wondering who the next Alpha will be. There's still a battery out there looking for someone.

How many cases of double ring-sligning have there been in the past? ET, obviously ... and I have seen one issue of, I think, Tales of the GLC where Hal wears two rings and looks strained .... and there's another where Sinestro wears his yellow ring and a normal ring with no ill effect.

Edit:
    http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/gr...1960/127-1.jpg - there's the issue. Not Tales of the GLC at all. I don't have this one tho, so I dunno what's going on.
    Gauntlet101010
    Alpha-Lantern
    Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 07-21-2008, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Limelantern

• Limelantern
    replied
    If the Alphas are mostly machine then they had better stay away from Henshaw. Unless their special anti-manhunter program can somehow protect them from Henshaw's control technology ability. But I think any Red Lantern might not be much of a match for them. If they do die somehow, it will probably happen in final crisis.

Leave a comment:

• Orion Pax
    Iolande's Bodyguard

• Orion Pax
    replied
    I think this is eithe gonna backfire horribly or maybe they will regain their humanity (or whatever they had before), or they will all die at the hands of the Red Lanterns.

The first one is unlikely.

Thethin with the Alphas, the guardian sayin "maybe itīs time the universe fear us", the lethal force reminds me of an old latin saying.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - Who shall watch over the watchers?

Leave a comment:

• Limelantern

• Limelantern
    replied
    Where were those guys during ET? Or Sin corps war? Or Emerald Dawn when legion was running through the GL's ? Or any other special event that they could have really helped with?

Leave a comment:

• GLC2814.4
    Guest replied
    I agree, but I think it makes them look more "cold and emotionless" (reason they kicked out Ganthet and his bee-yotch) than "evil," but the same thing is the result. And agreed, why add Manhunter parts if the Manhunters were essentially a complete failure. Bring back the GuyBots, at least they were mildly nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X