This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brightest Day next (GL?) event

Alex Segura: OK Dan, I got your call, I’m here. It’s pretty early, even for us. This is a first for THE SOURCE – a live interview with you on the blog. Very exciting. What’s got you so jazzed up?

Dan DiDio: I’ll just get right to the point, Alex – we’re ready to announce everything that’s coming up after BLACKEST NIGHT.

AS: Wow, really? I’m glad I brought my notebook.

DD: And I’m happy to announce that for the DCU, after the BLACKEST NIGHT will come a BRIGHTEST DAY this April. A biweekly, 26-issue series, kicking off with BRIGHTEST DAY #0.

AS: BRIGHTEST DAY – that’s major. Who’s steering the ship creatively, though?

DD: As you can imagine, we’re really excited by the great work the teams behind GREEN LANTERN and GREEN LANTERN CORPS have brought to our fans every month. And, we just don’t want to let go of that just yet. So BRIGHTEST DAY will be written by Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi.

AS: And both GREEN LANTERN and GREEN LANTERN CORPS will have a BRIGHTEST DAY banner?

DD: Correct.

AS: Can you say anything about the artists on the book? I’d imagine, since it’s a biweekly book, you’d need more than one.

DD: Sorry to wake you and not give you all the answers at once, but we have to save a few for later. We have a number of wonderful artists slated to contribute to the book, which we’ll be announcing soon. We can say that Fernando Pasarin will be handling the art on BRIGHTEST DAY #0.

AS: Sounds good. And we’ll have more BRIGHTEST DAY news for you faithful readers in, oh, about two hours. In the meantime, can I go grab a cup of coffee?

DD: Sure.
    Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

The Brightest Day is Coming!

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/01...me-major-news/

Well folks, I would bet a fair amount of money that the Brightest Day symbol is the symbol of whomever will be "The White Lantern".

Having said that, what do you all thing?

Comment

Ha ha ha, we posted within a minute of each other!

Comment

lol i was reading yours right after i posted mine
        Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

What a perfect way to get all the resurrected characters that will come back soon into a new status qua. Give them an entire series to develop the characters into the new DCU.

Comment

Originally posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
            What a perfect way to get all the resurrected characters that will come back soon into a new status qua. Give them an entire series to develop the characters into the new DCU.
            You're probably assuming waaaay too much there.

The most I can say about this is...nice poster.

Comment

A year of post-BN?

The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                You're probably assuming waaaay too much there.

The most I can say about this is...nice poster.
                I was being sarcastic. This whole thing seems pointless to me.

Comment

Cool teaser...nice symbol design. There must be a lot of story to tell if it needs 26 issues outside of Green Lantern and GLC. Here's hoping it means the end of Blackest Night is mind-blowing stuff.

Fernando Pasarin is a solid and efficient artist, so I'm glad they chose an appropriate penciler (one who can meet deadlines!).
                  DougG_ATL
                  Senior Corps Member
                  Last edited by DougG_ATL; 01-11-2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
                    A year of post-BN?

I hate that its bi-weekly. That's how you know its a cash grab.

Comment

Originally posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
                      I was being sarcastic. This whole thing seems pointless to me.
                      *ahem*

Comment

Originally posted by DougG_ATL View Post
                        Cool teaser...nice symbol design. There must be a lot of story to tell if it needs 26 issues outside of Green Lantern and GLC. Here's hoping it means the end of Blackest Night is mind-blowing stuff.
                        Yeah, that's why it's 26 issues outside of GL & GLC. "Story".

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                          I hate that its bi-weekly. That's how you know its a cash grab.
                          Pretty much. I'm a little surprised it's not weekly.

Comment

I know this has to be about everyone coming back to life. It's the only thing they could fill this series with. It seems to obvious (to me at least) that everyone is coming back seeing as though this has been announced and the comment Didio made in this past weeks news page in the new books about the "Who's Who" book being needed due to the end of Blackest Night.

Comment

Its a money grabber, and continues a story. I think its great, gives us more to look forward to
                              Figures for Sale/Trade: DCUC/DCD/Green Lantern Related *CHEAP*
                              Formally known as TMarcumUSN (or "Marcus" freakin' Bruce Castle haha)

I'm a leaf on the wind...

Comment

Working...
                              X