Your Ideal Sinestro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Ideal Sinestro.

Sinestro 1 dropped today,and I was dissapointed because I was hoping we were going to go back to his roots. It was not a bad book but It just did not fill me with the hope I am so despratly needing from this series.

But that is me. What do I know? I would like to hear from you guys What your perfect Sinestro is,and maybe on a side note what you are hoping to get from the SinestroMonthly?
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

I'd rather he be a straight-up villain, but I can still get interested in the anti-hero bit when told well. #1 seemed good but not great. The art helped.

Comment

I prefer the villain version, though I don't mind it if he thinks there is some justification for his actions outside of moustache-twirling evilness. I just prefer it if his rationalizations are clearly that...rationalizations, not anything that I would recognize as legitimate reasons. They can be clever ones, in fact that might be preferable, but at the end of the day, it should be abundantly clear from his actions that he does not stand on the side of the right.

I don't want him to be sympathetic, I don't want him to be a misunderstood hero, and I'm getting tired of the notion that he is the greatest ring-wielder ever anywhere outside his own twisted imagination.

Comment

I really liked Johns' interpretation of Sinestro during his early run on the series, leading up to the Sinestro Corps War. To me, Sinestro is the epitomization of the far reaching spectrum of will. As we've all stated numerous times, will isn't inherently a good or evil trait. It's just that the GLC uses it for a force of good. Sinestro is best used when he straddles that line, and jumps across it.

He believes in supreme control, and utilizing will to subjugate and control the universe. It's why he's able to jump between fear and will, those two things aren't necessarily polar opposites. Only that will must be utilized to overcome fear. Sinestro realizes this and knows both tools can be used to bring order and control to the universe. It's why he makes as good an anti-hero as he does a villain. It's more about how far he's willing to go to bring order than it is about his motives. And the rippling consequences his actions cause is another interesting aspect to the character.

TL;DR - Give me a control and order-happy Sinestro, who is willing to cross the line to bring the universe to order. Whether he's doing it with a green ring or a yellow means little. And give him a Mahnke mustache. I always had problems with Mahnke, but his Sinestro is the penultimate IMO.

JohnnyV
        Pictionary Master
        Last edited by JohnnyV; 04-17-2014, 06:51 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

That's an Ivan Reis cover.

Comment

No, that's a Vincent Price cover.
            The last fan of 1990s comics
            Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
              That's an Ivan Reis cover.
              *waves magical hand* What Ivan Reis cover? (Sorry, accidentally grabbed wrong link from a gallery of Sinestro images)

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

There is just so much you can do with Sinestro. I want a new GLC in the Sinestro Corps. I want a Galaxy afraid of doing anything slightly evil for fear of Sinestro's boogie men comming to get you. I wanna see some Creepy Constructs. I want to see Sinestro teach the old school uses of the power ring, Time Travel,Mind wipes,and all kinds of thing that the GLC feels is crossing the line.

And hopefully after the GLC will step up thier game to rise to the challange. It is time we get back to our roots,and Sinestro Corps is the vehicle in wich we can finally do it.

Comment

That's not a bad idea.

Comment

With his comic canceled.

Comment

I am sure we are just going to get more new 52 fluff. However I would like to see something dark. Just so it will make the GLC regain some of it's Core beliefs back.

I picture a arch where Sinestro Corps members go into high security prisons across the galaxy and just kill a bunch of Prisioners. Could you imagine a a few pannels where the supposed most feared criminals are crying as they get arrested because they know there days are numbered,and it won't be a pleasent exacution? Or Death row inmates begging to have the date of thier exacutions moved up? I want scarry. I want Villians who hate villians.

How about make it spread to other comics? Like main Villians begging thier arches to protect them from the Sinestro Corps? I know it is a little crazy and bold,but It shakes things up without having to scorch Earth, tom make a new start.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                        There is just so much you can do with Sinestro. I want a new GLC in the Sinestro Corps. I want a Galaxy afraid of doing anything slightly evil for fear of Sinestro's boogie men coming to get you. I wanna see some Creepy Constructs. I want to see Sinestro teach the old school uses of the power ring, Time Travel,Mind wipes,and all kinds of thing that the GLC feels is crossing the line.

And hopefully after the GLC will step up their game to rise to the challange. It is time we get back to our roots,and Sinestro Corps is the vehicle in which we can finally do it.
                        This. It would make for a much better War of the Colors than Brightest Day ever was, and Third Army ruined. The Kunds & Durlans don't like the GLC? Try having Sinestro, the Red Lanterns, and the Indigo Tribe police your sector all at the same time. Each has its' own way of dealing with lawbreakers.

Comment

I would try to stay away from the word "War" as much as possible. I can't speak for everyone but I am personally a little wared out. Let's be generic and call it a conflict. Or something.The Moral cross roads of the new direction of what the new Green Lantern Corps is going to stand for.

I have said it many times I would like it to be like marvel's Civial......er Conflict lol. people have to chose what side to be be on. I wanna see people walking around with thier respective Corps Symbol shirts. I wanna see nerds in the comic store locked in friendly debate.

There is alot of potential here with Sinestro Corps,lets just hope DC shocks us all and explores it in a non rush factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                            I would try to stay away from the word "War" as much as possible. I can't speak for everyone but I am personally a little wared out. Let's be generic and call it a conflict. . .
                            "Conflict of Light"? Really?
                            How about "limited police action"? "Military Involvement"?

Comment

Or, how about this...a story without a massive battle. No war. No conflict. Just tell a good story without falling back on that overused trope.
                              The last fan of 1990s comics
                              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Working...
                              X