What happened to Sinestro's sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Sinestro's sister

i seem to remember an issue of green lantern/green arrow where hal,ollie and canary took on sinestros sister and she used his ring in a wand i wonder what happened to this character any info would be appreciated...was it a dream? was it a fantasy? was it real? was she ever mentioned again

the recent comic con interview with johns suggested that she might come back as a black lantern but i never knew sinestro had a sister gotta pic of her.

Comment

it was in green lantern green arrow #82 the harpies are coming
      she calls him brother i dont remember any other appearances by her though

Comment

The way Sinestro is characterized now she is most likely retconed out. A character named witch queen really doesn't fit with Sinestro's normal family man type of life he had before he went crazy and evil.

But I guess she could have been the black sheep of the family.

Comment

They're better off not mentioning her again. If ever a retcon was justified, retconning her away is it.

Comment

i dunno- if done right she could add an interesting dynamic. the whole sibling rivalry angle could be cool. in #82 she was allied with Sinestro, but after lanquishing in prison(wasn't she carted off by the cops at the end?)for a while she might grow to resent him.
            plus BN won't last forever, Johns will need to revisit some of the other GL villains eventually.
            no such thing as bad characters, just have to have the right story

but to answer TEN RINGS question, i believe #82 is her only appearance

Comment

Geoff said that we will see Sinestro's sister again. He didn't say exactly when but I assume with in the next year or so.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Interesting...

Comment

Sinestro had a sister?

Comment

It's probably Soranik. Damn hillbillies...

Comment

Sinestro ridding a pick up truck with a gun. Thatīs awesome.

Comment

It IS!

Comment

whats the deal with his sister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BF62pYelLU

Comment

Sinestro's sister only showed up in that one issue, calling herself The Witch Queen or something similar. The story itself was really weird and random, like a lot of those older issues -- she used Sinestro's ring in a wand of some sort to give Hal and Ollie a hard time, and it wasn't until the end that they revealed that Sinestro was behind it all along and she was just helping her bro out.

I'm fine with the idea of him having a sister and her returning, so long as she's written a little more realisticly and given some actual motivation other than just being evil by association. Though unless I'm remembering wrong, Geoff didn't say she was definitely going to be back or be used. Someone asked if there was a possibility of her returning someday, and he just said maybe, or something along those lines?

I'd be more interested in seeing Sinestro's dad again. I mean, the guy was basically the Korugarian equivalent of a high-class drug dealer... and an addict himself.

Comment

Interesting you bring this up... jogs my memory... Geoff Johns mentioned at San Diego in response to a question about Sinestro's sister.

You'll see her again, he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X