Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action Figure Collector tips, tricks, and Q and A thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Sylent_Asassin
    Black Lantern

• Sylent_Asassin
    replied
    If you have a Tap Plastics anywhere in your area, they sell those kinds of containers to house sports memorabilia like Footballs and Basketballs. They have several different sizes so it should be large enough to accommodate action figures.

Leave a comment:

• Superlantern
    mmmm Beer!

• Superlantern
    replied
    I used a plastic beanie baby holder for my dcd cyborg supes once but if you are looking to frame and hang on a wall you might want a shadowbox like thing from michaels or hobby lobby....My LCS sells display covers too but for 6 inch in box figures and sports displays for like a football or basketball something like that might work

Leave a comment:

• Scythe
    The Red Lantern

• Scythe
    replied
    You guys are pretty informative, so I have a question for all of ya. I want to frame a Marvel Universe 3.75" figure MOSC somewhere in my house, any of you recommend a plastic or glass frame it could fit into?

Leave a comment:

• Superlantern
    mmmm Beer!

• Superlantern
    replied
    Originally posted by iarefook View Post
    how much were the flight stands before he marked them up?
    Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
    Thanks for the tip!

Aside from the day I picked it up, I never used my ring. I put it in the Detolf with the rest of my ring collection and it just didn't work one day.
    Glad to help

Leave a comment:

• Sylent_Asassin
    Black Lantern

• Sylent_Asassin
    replied
    Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
    This is to change the battery in a first flight ring.

the green cover can be pried off and then two tiny screws hold the board onto the plastic remove them and push the button that activates the light in order to get the circuit board to come out... it hold 2 cr 1616 batteries
    Thanks for the tip!

Aside from the day I picked it up, I never used my ring. I put it in the Detolf with the rest of my ring collection and it just didn't work one day.

Leave a comment:

• iarefook
    Kyle's Nude Model

• iarefook
    replied
    how much were the flight stands before he marked them up?

Leave a comment:

• Superlantern
    mmmm Beer!

• Superlantern
    replied
    This is to change the battery in a first flight ring.

the green cover can be pried off and then two tiny screws hold the board onto the plastic remove them and push the button that activates the light in order to get the circuit board to come out... it hold 2 cr 1616 batteries

Leave a comment:

• Superlantern
    mmmm Beer!

• Superlantern
    replied
    Originally posted by JerzeyJ View Post
    What do you guys do about bent legs? After a while of standing the legs can get a bit deformed. And also, what about loose joints? Other than roll them tighter! I have some figures with loose knees and elbows.
    sometimes you can boil water or even just heat a coffee cup of water in the microwave and dip the malformed part in the water for about 10 second and you should be able to make the part go back into shape. once in the shape you want run cold water over it and for about 30 seconds it should stay in shape. you could also after reforming the part stick the figure in the freezer as well.

also in some cases the knee holes aren't lined up properly or fully on the Knee peg and the water trick helps that.

other joints you seperate via the water method and can try a dab of superglue in the inner part of the joint let it dry and point the joint back together and it should provide a little more friction. though I rarly have had to employ this tick as the

Leave a comment:

• HopeWithoutWill
    Sinestro's Sparring Partner

• HopeWithoutWill
    replied
    Keep em' coming!(:

Leave a comment:

• JerzeyJ
    Fatality's Blacksmith

• JerzeyJ
    replied
    What do you guys do about bent legs? After a while of standing the legs can get a bit deformed. And also, what about loose joints? Other than roll them tighter! I have some figures with loose knees and elbows.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow_Contact
    Corpse Trainee

• Shadow_Contact
    replied
    Ughh, I'll have to bite the bullet after Christmas for like 6 of those. Well unless someone thinks up a way to make cheap one

Leave a comment:

• Doc2814
    Anti-Monitor

• Doc2814
    replied
    Not too bad. Still not for me, but it isnt too bad.

Leave a comment:

• Superlantern
    mmmm Beer!

• Superlantern
    replied
    Check out this item I found on eBay:

TC46-01 1/6 Action Figures - Display Stand

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/TC46-01-1-6-Acti...QQcmdZViewItem

(Sent from eBay Mobile for Android)

Leave a comment:

• Doc2814
    Anti-Monitor

• Doc2814
    replied
    Superlantern brings the goods... the pricey goods!

Leave a comment:

• Superlantern
    mmmm Beer!

• Superlantern
    replied
    They are on eBay I'll post a link soon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X