Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action Figure Collector tips, tricks, and Q and A thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Doc2814
    Anti-Monitor

• Doc2814
    replied
    They're pricey now!

Leave a comment:

• Shadow_Contact
    Corpse Trainee

• Shadow_Contact
    replied
    Now those are perfect! Too bad there arent any on ebay

Leave a comment:

• Doc2814
    Anti-Monitor

• Doc2814
    replied
    Smart move. Unfortunate, but smart.

Leave a comment:

• Superlantern
    mmmm Beer!

• Superlantern
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    Does anyone have any ways to make cheap Flight bases? The Matty ones are okay, a bit pricey but okay. I mainly concerned with making adjustable heights.
    whippy super pose are great but like 11.00 a piece from china now... they used to be cheap until the guy wised up and raised prices.

Leave a comment:

• Doc2814
    Anti-Monitor

• Doc2814
    replied
    Hello from Bend! My best friend is from Bend.

There is no easy way, none that I've seen thus far.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow_Contact
    Corpse Trainee

• Shadow_Contact
    replied
    Does anyone have any ways to make cheap Flight bases? The Matty ones are okay, a bit pricey but okay. I mainly concerned with making adjustable heights.

Leave a comment:

• Sylent_Asassin
    Black Lantern

• Sylent_Asassin
    replied
    Originally posted by Synch View Post
    yup like I said in my post ... very annoying too cause these I Think would work perfectly for mini mates ... I could buy an entire CASE of minimates though for what it ends up costing me so screw that
    If they sold clear plastic layers, I would build my own display. I've been to Bed Bath & Beyond, JoAnn, Michaels, Target and Walmart and nobody has anything similar. The only place I haven't tried is Home Depot/Lowes.

Leave a comment:

• Doc2814
    Anti-Monitor

• Doc2814
    replied
    My DCD EVS Hal from Sup/Bat last night broke. Super glue is needed. Damn.

Leave a comment:

• Synch
    Star Sapphire's Love Slave

• Synch
    replied
    Originally posted by Godmera View Post
    $23 for those actually isn't that bad but the $35 shipping that kills it.
    yup like I said in my post ... very annoying too cause these I Think would work perfectly for mini mates ... I could buy an entire CASE of minimates though for what it ends up costing me so screw that

Leave a comment:

• Mister.Weirdo
    Guardian of the Universe

• Mister.Weirdo
    replied
    Shipping always gets me when it comes to sales.

Leave a comment:

• Godmera
    Champion of the World

• Godmera
    replied
    $23 for those actually isn't that bad but the $35 shipping that kills it.

Leave a comment:

• Synch
    Star Sapphire's Love Slave

• Synch
    replied
    anyone know any good cheap place to buy level risers ?.. I want some thing for my minimates display ...

ebay has them but nothing cheap specially when you add in the shipping costs

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-LAYER-CLEAR-AC...item518f1ad2b2

Leave a comment:

• Doc2814
    Anti-Monitor

• Doc2814
    replied
    Ive done that, Ricky. Like I said in my earlier post the twist tie is for keeping the Lanterns in the hands of the figure itself.

Also, another good tip, is the compressed air canisters typically used to clean computer keyboards, are great to dust off figures. Only press the trigger down half way if the figure is standing, but I really dont suggest to do it while its standing (for obvious reasons).

Leave a comment:

• ricky_stream
    Corpse Trainee

• ricky_stream
    replied
    Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
    another good tip is to keep the clear bands that come with DCUC figures... they do come in handy.

another way is to put a drop of superglue in the tips on the handle...let it dry and then attach...

works like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• Sylent_Asassin
    Black Lantern

• Sylent_Asassin
    replied
    Originally posted by JerzeyJ View Post
    Go to Bed Bath and Beyond, they sell these things that I can best describe as bleacher steps, I have no idea what they are used for. You can easily fit 10~12 guys on it. This enables you to see the figures in the rear very clearly. I use these plus a bit of something called "sticky max", it is like soft waxy stuff you just dip the feet into and it does a good job of keeping guys upright. The Star Sapphire figure is just a big pain in the ass.
    I went to BB&B over the weekend with my wife looking for something like a clear step display and couldn't find anything. We went to Michael's as well and the only thing that was comparable was their Acrylic Doll display cases which were pretty pricey.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X