• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Muthasucka
    Parallax Host

• Muthasucka
    replied
    Yeah, I kinda agree. Aside from a few duds (Hannu, Stel) the designs and sculpts are great. They skimped on articulation to keep the price point down, but places like TRU and LCSs are still selling them for $11-$14. It's not like they'd charge $20 if they were as articulated as the Hasbro stuff (or even the DCIH line). Maybe they have a really accurate cost-benefit analysis but it seems like they could be making up the difference in cost by selling more figures to collectors who, you're right, would be snapping these up by the case if they had better poseability. I guess we'll see how the line sells...

Leave a comment:

• Hack
    Kyle's Nude Model

• Hack
    replied
    I was thinking, if this line actually survives through the year, there's a small possibility of getting a Carol figure out of it. Doubtful, but you never know.

I said I didn't need it, but damn Mattel for not giving these more articulation. If this line was more revered by the majority of fans, they'd be flying off the pegs. We'd get like every lantern eventually!

Leave a comment:

• Muthasucka
    Parallax Host

• Muthasucka
    replied
    Y'know, I think Salaak is the only one we haven't seen yet. There's at least blurry pics of G'Hu and Voz, but Salaak wasn't at Toy Fair. I hope they actually make him...

Leave a comment:

• GreenLanternFan5289
    Star Sapphire's Love Slave

• GreenLanternFan5289
    replied
    I can't wait to see Salaak. So far only two of mine are Hals but I'm really liking the Hal with the hammer and angry face.

Leave a comment:

• Hack
    Kyle's Nude Model

• Hack
    replied
    The reasoning is twofold, I'd suspect. For one, Mattel repacked those two figures with the new ones from Series 3, so technically you're still buying a set of "wave 3". Secondly, as Mister Ed alluded, they don't want to get clogged with millions of main characters, so they make you buy a few figures you don't need in order to get the ones you do.

Unfortunately, this is commonplace amongst online dealers. Can't really blame them, if they don't unload the "pegwarmers", they'll never be able to order more stuff. If these toy companies would just pack "new" cases with all new characters and stop throwing in fillers from previous waves, this wouldn't be an issue. Thankfully cases of GL come in 8 instead of the normal 12 or it would be even worse. There are some Star Wars collectors that buy full cases of figures in order to get 4 new ones only to get stuck with 8 repacks they already have.

I have to say the diversity of characters in the GL universe has made collecting these not nearly as painful as some of the other comic lines. Iron Man and Captain America are just repaint after repaint of the same old figures over and over. Other than a Redskull here and Whiplash there, it's all main characters. Sure, 6/16 GLs are Hals, but that's pretty damn good considering.

I'm really liking this line as well. I currently have 11 and plan to get the other 5 tomorrow before K-Marts sale is over. When I first saw them in TRU back in the beginning of May I wasn't impressed. Now that I see Martin, Guardians, and lots more Corp members to fill in the ranks, I can't help myself. I really hope we get more than just the 20 we already know about.
    Hack
    Kyle's Nude Model
    Last edited by Hack; 05-21-2011, 01:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Muthasucka
    Parallax Host

• Muthasucka
    replied
    Originally posted by Hack View Post
    Anytime.

If you're extra impatient, or lack faith in your local stores, they are up at BBTS as well.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...79&mode=retail

Unfortunately the one per case singles are sold out, but sets are still available.
    Wait, Sinestro is wave 1 and test pilot Hal is wave 2 - why are they sticking them in the wave 3 set? So they can charge $60 for it? I might buy it if it were 5 for $35.

Leave a comment:

• Green Lantern Ninja
    Kilowog's Recruit

• Green Lantern Ninja
    replied
    I had ordered Krona, Captain America line's Cap. Britain and U.S. Agent, and Thor line's Destroyer yesterday from K-Mart and today I got an e-mail saying they were refunding my order. Instead of sending me what I didn't order, as others have had happen, they just completely canceled the whole enchilada.

Leave a comment:

• Muthasucka
    Parallax Host

• Muthasucka
    replied
    It's funny, I don't usually collect series, but I already have 9 of them although 4 are Hal. I really want the Battle Axe construct, but that's yet another Hal. Guess I can settle for Tomar Re and his sweet spear gun.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLanternFan5289

• GreenLanternFan5289
    replied
    I'd consider the set from BBTS but it only has 3 figures in it I'd like to get and the Wal-Mart around here seems on the up and up so I'll wait and see how things work out but I will keep that option in mind. I'm honestly surprised how much I'm enjoying these little guys. I've already got 7 of them.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLantern888
    Alpha-Lantern

• GreenLantern888
    replied
    Originally posted by Muthasucka View Post
    Yes, but you also get a die-cast ring, the same one that came with the early bird figure and that now sells on a keychain at TRU for $10. So you can tell yourself that you spent ten on the ring and only $6.99 on Bzzd! (Unless you get either/or. That would seem more likely, but I haven't heard that's the case.)
    Lol no I'm spending 16.99 on Bzzd everything else is free. I love Bzzd, I always get teary eyed whenever I mention him because of how much heart he had. Well I also love Hal but I already have the Movie Master version of him already.

Leave a comment:

• Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color

• Mister Ed
    replied
    Originally posted by Hack View Post
    Unfortunately the one per case singles are sold out, but sets are still available.
    I strongly suspect those two facts are directly related...

Leave a comment:

• Hack
    Kyle's Nude Model

• Hack
    replied
    Anytime.

If you're extra impatient, or lack faith in your local stores, they are up at BBTS as well.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...79&mode=retail

Leave a comment:

• GreenLanternFan5289

• GreenLanternFan5289
    replied
    I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the tip.

Leave a comment:

• Hack
    Kyle's Nude Model

• Hack
    replied
    Walmart's the place to go for Series 3 (GL 12-16). I've spotted that wave at four different Walmarts over the past. Now that I think about it, TRU is mostly Series 1, K-Mart is packed with Series 2, and Walmart has a bunch of 3. Weird.

Leave a comment:

• Muthasucka
    Parallax Host

• Muthasucka
    replied
    "PJ" over on the Fwoosh found him already:

More pics here:

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic...004&start=1170

Leave a comment:

Working...
X