Anyone get their GL padlock yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
    I found it in the aisle that has all the door knobs, and various locks for household doors. They put a lot of their shippers right in the aisle, so you couldn't miss it. It's a colorful display about half the size of a side panel.
    Damn it then mine truely does not have them I was in that aisle today
    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
      Who?
      You mean you can't tell by their smilies? For shame!

Okay, let's try this again, this time with handy-dandy links! Kryptonite Lock is now making a line of Justice League of America Padlocks, featuring the following character designs:Get it? Got it? Good.

BTW, besides Home Depot, these are also supposed to be stocked by Wal*Mart. Last night, I needed to buy a padlock and chain for work, so I took a look in Wal*Mart while I was looking for what we needed for work. The Wal*Mart at Arundel Mills in Hanover, MD did NOT have any, at least not where the rest of the padlocks are.

And since Home Depot carries them, you might also try their major competitor, Lowe's.

If I happen to find any at retail, I'll let you guys know where I found them. As it is, the only place I've seen them so far is on eBay.
      Jack T. Chance
      Really knows where his towel is!
      Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 10-19-2007, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Cripes, yet another GL item I must hunt down when I get home! Who would have EVER thought we all would seeking out padlocks???
        Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
          Cripes, yet another GL item I must hunt down when I get home! Who would have EVER thought we all would seeking out padlocks???
          If you need help finding one, be sure and let me know. I could use one of those GL Power Battery replacement bulbs you have, since my comic shop was never able to get any for me.

Comment

GL Padlock on eBay...

If anyone's still having trouble finding a GL Padlock in their local stores, one just went up on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
              They are Horrid things either way no matter what you realize that any time you charge something their is a "finance" charge - that is not the interest rate that is a finance charge for ANY purchase on a credit card. Then the interest on top of that so even if you purchase something then pay it off that month in full you still have paid more then you would have with cash or a debit card.

BTW I stopped at Home Depot this was not in the Pad Lock section what section have people seen this in?
              Huh? I never pay any finance charges. I pay exactly the same for merchandise with the credit card as I would with cash, and I have the statements to prove it. What kind of lame credit cards are you looking at? If you are referring to the charge that the merchant pays per transaction, then it is technically true that your purchases cost a bit more than they would if the MERCHANT didn't accept credit cards. But if they do take them, paying cash won't save you any money, because the merchant adjusts their pricing to account for that cost, since they are prohibited by their agreement with the credit card company from charging extra for using the card (unless it is a gas station, or TicketMaster. Somehow they get away with violating that part of the merchant agreement by using transparent semantic fudging that the credit card companies don't call them on).

As long as I never carry a balance, I pay nothing but what the merchandise costs, and I've never had a credit card that worked any other way.
              Mister Ed
              Horse of a Different Color
              Last edited by Mister Ed; 10-31-2007, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Huh? I never pay any finance charges. I pay exactly the same for merchandise with the credit card as I would with cash, and I have the statements to prove it. What kind of lame credit cards are you looking at? If you are referring to the charge that the merchant pays per transaction, then it is technically true that your purchases cost a bit more than they would if the MERCHANT didn't accept credit cards. But if they do take them, paying cash won't save you any money, because the merchant adjusts their pricing to account for that cost, since they are prohibited by their agreement with the credit card company from charging extra for using the card (unless it is a gas station, or TicketMaster. Somehow they get away with violating that part of the merchant agreement by using transparent semantic fudging that the credit card companies don't call them on).

As long as I never carry a balance, I pay nothing but what the merchandise costs, and I've never had a credit card that worked any other way.

I spent 4 years at a Debt Purchaser doing Collections - You may have a prime card - but most people dont and most people get royally screwed by credit - also most people dont pay off their balance ever month and end up paying lots more then they ever would have

Some platinum cards do not have a 'finance' charge - and what you need to look at is your contract the statements will not say anything on them at all -

good advise for everyone - READ ALL CONTRACTS BEFORE YOU SIGN THEM - nothing to do with this topic just sound advise that no one follows
                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Padlock on eBay again...

The GL Padlock can once again be had on eBay... as long as you don't mind buying the , & padlocks at the same time!

Comment

I got my Padlock, thanks Jack !
                    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

A Padlock for the Holidays!

Still looking for the GL Padlock? Thinking it would make the perfect Christmas gift for that special GL fan in your life... namely yourself?

Well, you're in luck! There's on on eBay right now!

Get it while you can!

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                        awesome I was wondering where the hell I could get that sweet ass pad lock

Use it for? It will sit with all my other GL Crap. Dave are you *gasp* using this ?
                        That's where mine will go...with all the other GL stuff. How could u use it?? BLASPHEMY

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGamer View Post
                          That's where mine will go...with all the other GL stuff. How could u use it?? BLASPHEMY
                          Well, actually... IF I were still a student in middle school or high school and had to use a LOCKER every day, I'd use it! Or if I worked at a "big box" retail store (Wal*Mart, K-Mart, Home Depot, etc.) where I had a locker in the break room, I might use it.

But then again, these days, if I need to use a padlock for anything, I'm MORE likely to buy ONE OF THESE or maybe ONE OF THESE RIGHT HERE, to make sure no one can cut my padlock off with a pair of bolt cutters!

Comment

I have one, still in the package (thanks to Jack here), but wouldn't mind one more to use when I go work out for my locker. Do Home Depot still have them or are they completely sold out?

By the way, if you want one, try this company: https://www.bicyclebuys.com/?c=allmf...0&pagenumber=2
                            Lord Malvolio
                            Corps Honor Guard
                            Last edited by Lord Malvolio; 12-30-2007, 01:01 AM.
                            Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
                              I have one, still in the package (thanks to Jack here), but wouldn't mind one more to use when I go work out for my locker. Do Home Depot still have them or are they completely sold out?
                              I haven't looked since getting one for GLJIMT, but I'll take a look tomorrow or Monday. If I can find another one, I'll let you know.

But at least you have an alternate source if I can't find any more of them.

Comment

I've been looking all over. I work for a hospital and I need a new lock for my locker. No sign of one yet. I'm hoping to find a one later this weekend when I'm out of town.

Comment

Working...
                                X