GL original page for me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GL original page for me!!!

I just won an ebay auction for a page of original GL art! GL #6, page 14, with art by Pat Broderick. It's featuring Guy Gardner tanglish with an alien that the Mad Guardian/Old Timer/Appa Ali Apsa is throwing his way.

Cool! Now I have an original page from volume 2, and now volume 3! I'm looking now to see if I can get a page from the current series, volume 4. Ivan Reis' art is my best bet, as EVS pages are selling at ludicrous prices. Not to mention I love Reis' stuff anyway.

Now I'm in a good mood...

I hate you
    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Wow! congratulations dave

Comment

Don't ya love 'em Dave? I have 5 pages by M.D. Bright and love them! Nothing like having the ONLY one of something! Really feels special to own it and really becomes priceless.
        Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
          Don't ya love 'em Dave? I have 5 pages by M.D. Bright and love them! Nothing like having the ONLY one of something! Really feels special to own it and really becomes priceless.
          I hate you too Mal
          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I remember you had a couple. Don't you own a page of Emerald Dawn I as well?

There's something so cool about having original pages. It's like owning comic history. Especially after you complete all the series and have full runs and are looking to what you want to buy next. I've ogt a couple of pages between JSA and GL, and now that I've got a taste for it, I want more. Actually, I'd really like to snag a couple of covers. I asked Staton about his pages when I met him at that show recently, but he parted with the stuff I was looking for years ago. I told him one seller was selling his cover to GLC #201 on ebay with a buy it now price for 4,000. He thought that was ridiculous, which it is. Of course, it's been sitting there for quite a while now, so maybe the seller will put down the pipe long enough to drop the price significantly.

Just waiting for my page in the mail now! I paid for it the second I got the email and the seller already emailed me to thank me for the quick payment and said he'd mail it out the next day (today).

Comment

That's cool!

The pages I own are:

Page 19 of Emerald Dawn 1 (It's the splash page of Hal getting the uniform on for the first time, awesome pic!!!)

Page 19 of Emerald Dawn #3

A two page spread of ACW #634? I think. it is the one where Lord Malvolio is talking talking talking to a Hal that has been knocked down to the ground.

And then the last page of ACW #635, where Hal actually kills Lord Mal!

I love them all!
              Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Haven't had much time for the internet this weekend, but I hadda let you guys know my page came in the mail. It's really nice! Pat Broderick wasn't my favorite GL artist of all time, but I did like him, and he spent a decent amount of time on the book. Plus, it's a Guy Gardner page, so it's something a bit different. This original page thing is getting addictive! I've got a couple other big GL page purchases in the works (for considerably more money), and I'm really toying with the idea of buying pages from every era of GL.

It's like, I'm pretty much done collecting GL; I keep up on books, trades, merchandise, etc when it comes out. I may skip some GL merchandise, but I just mainly buy what I WANT now, as opposed to going crazy trying to own everything just for the sake of saying I HAVE everything. So what's fun to collect? These pages are, that's what!

It'd be cool to own a nice page from every major GL artist since the silver age. Kane, Adams, Grell, Staton, Gibbons, Bright, Broderick, Banks, Eaglesham, EVS, and Reis. Sure there are plenty of other AMAZING artists that have worked on the strip over the decades, but these are the guys people think of when they think of Green Lantern. I could enjoy collecting pages for the next few years as my next big collecting obsession!

Anyway, my GL vol 3 #6 page is now in my GL room where it belongs. At some point I'm going to get these things matted and framed with the comic cover and colored page all together. It's just so expensive to have it done that I keep putting it off.

Comment

Page 19 of Emerald Dawn 1 (It's the splash page of Hal getting the uniform on for the first time, awesome pic!!!)
                  You've got some great pages Mal! And this one in particular has got me jealous!

Comment

Working...
                  X