No announcement yet.

SDCC 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already I'm equally parts excited and overwhelmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
      WOO! A Burn Notice panel!
      Like last year, only Bruce Campbell will be there though. This panel will be for the BN Prequel: Fall of Sam Axe. Too bad Westin and Fiona won't be there. I'd love to tell Gabby Anwar how much I love her legs.

I'm interested in quite a few things on Thursday: Burn Notice, WWE (HHH & Mysterio), Covert Affairs, Flashpoint... Damn! Too much good stuff... and it's only Thursday!

Comment

• Attending panels means lining up for hours.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• GREEN LANTERN Related Panels at Comic-Con

Comic-Con
          is rapidly approaching and DC Comics has released their full schedule for their weekend. Below you can check out the programming that relates to your emerald warriors.

THURSDAY JULY 21

11:30-12:30 DC: Flashpoint
          Moderator: Bob Wayne EDITOR: Eddie Berganza
          Everything you know will change in a Flash! Flashpoint, the blockbuster comics event of the summer, has turned the DC Universe inside out! Join DCU Executive Editor, Eddie Berganza, and some of the amazing talent behind Flashpoint, for a panel that’s sure to pose new questions about this explosive event even as it answers others! Room 6DE

2:00-3:00 DC Comics – The New 52
          Moderator: Eddie Berganza
          DC Comics explodes in September with 52 new number one issues and one panel is not enough to cover it! With a ‘DC Comics – The New 52’ panel each day, there’s sure to be something for everyone! Join Bob Harras, DC’s Editor-in-Chief, and DCU Executive Editor, Eddie Berganza, for an up-close look at this unprecedented wave of new series, from the first-ever re-launches of Action Comics and Batman titles to the latest thrills from comics’ cutting-edge! Join Bob, Eddie and some of the industry’s top writers and artists as we make history together. Room 6DE

FRIDAY JULY 22

11:15-12:15 DC Comics – The New 52
          Moderator: John Cunningham Editor: Bob Harras/Eddie Berganza
          DC Comics explodes in September with 52 new number one issues and one panel is not enough to cover it! With a ‘DC Comics– The New 52’ panel each day, there’s sure to be something for everyone! Join Bob Harras, DC’s Editor-in-Chief,and DCU Executive Editor, Eddie Berganza, for an up-close look at this unprecedented wave of new series from the first-ever re-launches of Action Comics and Batman titles to the latest thrills

4:15-5:15 DC: Justice League
          Moderator: Bob Wayne Editor: Eddie Berganza
          Comics’ top talents – writer Geoff Johns and artist Jim Lee – team up for the first time ever to bring you the new Justice League, making its debut as part of the new DC Universe! Join Johns, Lee and DC Executive Editor Eddie Berganza as they bring together the talents behind the new JLA titles, including writers Dan Jurgens (Justice League International), JT Krul (Green Arrow), Eric Wallace (Mister Terrific), artists Francis Manapul (The Flash), Brian Buccellato (The Flash), Philip Tan (The Savage Hawkman) and more! Room 6DE

SATURDAY JULY 23

10:00-11:00 DC: Green Lantern
          Moderator: John Cunningham EDITOR: Eddie Berganza
          Enlist in the Corps at DC’s annual Green Lantern panel! Join DCU Executive Editor Eddie Berganza, Green Lantern Corps writer Peter Tomasi, Red Lanterns artist Ed Benes and others for a look at the aftermath of “War of the Green Lanterns” and more! It’s one of the most exciting panels you’ll ever see! Room 6DE

11:15-12:30 DC Comics – The New 52
          Moderator: Bob Wayne EDITOR: Bob Harras
          DC Comics explodes in September with 52 new number one issues and one panel is not enough to cover it! With a ‘DC Comics – The New 52’ panel each day, there’s sure to be something for everyone! Join Bob Harras, DC’s Editor-in-Chief, for an up-close look at this unprecedented wave of new series, from the first-ever re-launches of Action Comics and Batman titles to the latest thrills from comics’ cutting-edge! Join Bob and some of the industry’s top writers and artists as we make history together. Room 6DE

4:30-5:30 DC Focus: Jim Lee
          Moderator: Bob Wayne EDITOR: Dan DiDio
          Jim Lee is by far the most in-demand artist in comics, from his spectacular work on Batman, Superman, WildC.A.T.S. and so many other comics to his groundbreaking designs for the DC Universe MMO game. Now, as Co-Publisher of DC Comics, Jim has led the way to the start of the new DC Universe with his exciting new looks for the World’s Greatest Super Heroes. Join Jim and his fellow Co-Publisher, Dan DiDio, for a profile of the artist who’s setting the tone for the entire DCU! Room 6DE

SUNDAY JULY 24

1:45-2:45 Designing the New DCU
          Moderator: Bob Wayne EDITOR: Jim Lee
          What does it take to remake a universe? There are new stories, new characters, and especially new designs! Join DC’s Co-Publisher Jim Lee, VP – Art and Design Mark Chiarello, exclusive artist Cully Hamner and others for a look as they discuss their visual approach to reshaping the DC Universe! Room 6DE

3:00-4:00 DC Comics – The New 52
          Moderator: John Cunningham EDITOR: Mike Marts, Matt Idelson
          DC Comics explodes in September with 52 new number one issues and one panel is not enough to cover it! With a ‘DC Comics – The New 52’ panel each day, there’s sure to be something for everyone! Join DCU Group Editors Matt Idelson and Mike Marts for an up-close look at this unprecedented wave of new series, from the first-ever re-launches of Action Comics and Batman titles to the latest thrills from comics’ cutting-edge! Join Matt, Mike and some of the industry’s top writers and artists as we make history together. Room 6DE

Be sure to continue checking TheGreenLanternCorps.com for more coverage of Comic-Con throughout the month.
          W.West
          Last edited by W.West; 07-07-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
            You work there?
            Yup.

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
            So is there a GLC Message Board meet-up at SDCC?
            Should be...

Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
            OKAY THAT'S IT GOATY!!!!!!!! YOU'RE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

SO SAYS IGGY GOD OF THE SPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I AM COMING TO SDCC TO OPEN A CAN OF WHOOP ASS ON YOU.
            More like a can of refried beans!

Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
            RUN GOATLANTERN RUN!!!
            I can walk briskly and get away, Iggy has the speed of a George A. Romero zombie..

Originally posted by projectile View Post
            He doesn't need to run, its only Iggy.

SDDC COUNTDOWN

13 Days til Comic Con

Passed through downtown last night an saw the sdcc banners. Im getting excited, its almost here.
            I'm so excited, like Jesse Spano in Saved By The Bell

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
            Not AT the SDCC, but somewhere after the show, most likely at a local pub or restaurant. We're still working out the details. Perhaps Goat can send you an invite to our SDCC club.
            Invite sent for the He Man Woman Haters Club.... to GL888 and Plastroncafe

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
              This is the tilted kilt place, yes?
              Hmm. Wonder if this means I should pack mine...

Comment

• No skirts please

Comment

Sounds like the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes. I guess that makes Goat the grand Poohbah.

...and I look forward to seeing Plas in a skirt. I remember her bragging in another thread about how a man walked into something from staring at her legs.

Comment

• I thought Plas was a guy...

Comment

• Sy have you gotten my texts?

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                        GREEN LANTERN Related Panels at Comic-Con

SATURDAY JULY 23

10:00-11:00 DC: Green Lantern
                        Moderator: John Cunningham EDITOR: Eddie Berganza
                        Enlist in the Corps at DC’s annual Green Lantern panel! Join DCU Executive Editor Eddie Berganza, Green Lantern Corps writer Peter Tomasi, Red Lanterns artist Ed Benes and others for a look at the aftermath of “War of the Green Lanterns” and more! It’s one of the most exciting panels you’ll ever see! Room 6DE
                        Interesting the Geoff Johns is not listed as being part of this panel. Actually, he is only listed in one of the DC panels.
                        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                          Like last year, only Bruce Campbell will be there though. This panel will be for the BN Prequel: Fall of Sam Axe. Too bad Westin and Fiona won't be there. I'd love to tell Gabby Anwar how much I love her legs.

I'm interested in quite a few things on Thursday: Burn Notice, WWE (HHH & Mysterio), Covert Affairs, Flashpoint... Damn! Too much good stuff... and it's only Thursday!
                          But WWE is on Monday, and Flashpoint comes out on Wednesdays??

I would like Covert Affairs a lot more if they replaced the star with the girl from In Plain Sight

Comment

I thought Plas was a guy...
                            You thought wrong, my friend.
                            I am neither a guy, nor a woman-hater.

Comment

• Sarah Michelle Gellar and Peter Dinklage on Thursday!!

Comment

• Goat! I will be there all day wednesday and thursday.. leaving friday. Count me in on any GLCMB activities!

Comment

Working...
                                X