No announcement yet.

SDCC 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 20th century Fox booth usually gives out poster tubes while WB has their big bags.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
      Between $8 to $15 for the plastic ones. I bought one for $9 last year at the Anime Expo in Los Angeles. You MIGHT be able to pick one up at your local Art supply store if they still carry them.

Oh, thanks for telling me.

That's cheaper than I thought.

Comment

I never knew that was an acronym. Thanks for the edumacation!
        Now ya know And knowing is half the battle...

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
        Usually, the smaller vendors sell them. They're all over the place though. Check the prices before you buy them because some cost more than others and you're essentially getting the same thing.

I have to buy another one because my buddy lost the top last year.
        Some booths give them away, I remember that I got a cardboard one from fox a couple of years back. And the WB bags have a poster slot that comes in handy, I'll take a pic of one when I get home.

Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
        Was SWAG originally an acronym, or did someone make it into one after the word was created?
        I have no clue, I always knew it as the acronym.

Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
        What would you say the average price for one would be?
        And SY's pricing is pretty accurate if you have to buy one. And how the hell did you miss the WB booth? Oh I know it was because it was surrounded by hundreds of people....

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• Originally posted by projectile View Post
          The 20th century Fox booth usually gives out poster tubes while WB has their big bags.
          I thought so.. good to see I'm not going crazy. BTW went to Mission Beach on Sunday... the Wavehouse chicks are pretty hot

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post

And SY's pricing is pretty accurate if you have to buy one. And how the hell did you miss the WB booth? Oh I know it was because it was surrounded by hundreds of people....

Yeah, I couldn't squeeze my way through the wall of people. So I figured, whatever was their wasn't worth getting trampled, pick pocketed, or getting my Comic Con badge stolen, but I was wrong, I would have climbed over people to see the Green Lantern movie stuff.

Comment

• I like staying at the Double Tree hotel, and taking the trolley to the Comic Con.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                Some booths give them away, I remember that I got a cardboard one from fox a couple of years back. And the WB bags have a poster slot that comes in handy, I'll take a pic of one when I get home.
                I never knew that. I'm going to check when I get home. I'm pretty sure those Brightest Day bags didn't have any poster slots.

I usually miss out on that stuff for one reason or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
                  I like staying at the Double Tree hotel, and taking the trolley to the Comic Con.

The one in Mission Valley?

Comment

I never knew that. I'm going to check when I get home. I'm pretty sure those Brightest Day bags didn't have any poster slots.

Yeah, one bag had a poster slot, but the straps ripped off easily.

Comment

Yeah, I couldn't squeeze my way through the wall of people. So I figured, whatever was their wasn't worth getting trampled, pick pocketed, or getting my Comic Con badge stolen, but I was wrong, I would have climbed over people to see the Green Lantern movie stuff.
                      A couple of years ago, I either got pickpocketed or lost my badge and got kicked out of the convention. A friend (Jay Burg) gave me an extra badge to get back in, but they caught us and kicked us both out.

There's a lot more to the story, but I can look back and laugh about it now.

Comment

The one in Mission Valley?
                        Yep.

Comment

Yeah looking at the bag right now (I use as a laundry bag and I'm doing laundry now). there is a poster slot to the right of the BD pic. Seems like the posters would easily be crushed in them though.

Comment

A couple of years ago, I either got pickpocketed or lost my badge and got kicked out of the convention. A friend (Jay Burg) gave me an extra badge to get back in, but they caught us and kicked us both out.

There's a lot more to the story, but I can look back and laugh about it now.
                            What do you mean they caught you? If you had a badge how did they kick you out?

Comment

Yep.
                              My sister used to work there like 10 years ago.

Comment

My sister used to work there like 10 years ago.
                                Oh, I like that hotel. Plus, they have no bed bugs either, so that makes them better.

Ew, I'm watching Watchmen, and they sawed off a guys arms! This was kind of off topic, but I thought I would share it with you all anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X