SF/Bay Area 2nd weekend in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF/Bay Area 2nd weekend in October

I'll be in San francisco/Berkley Area over the weekend, and was wondering where to go for my comic book/toy fix. Any recommendations would be great, and if you wanted to show me your favorite spot, that'd be cool too.

I'm not too familiar with SF, but know about stores in the surrounding areas. Darth Primus works there so he could give you some tips.

Lee's Comics in Mountain View is decent for selection, but lacks on toys.
    Fantasy in Livermore is a good sized store with a good selection of toys and comics. The owner can be a prick though.
    There's a store in Dublin that my friend owns. They have a good selection of books.

Comment

The Blue Angels are in Town this weekend for fleet week. That's aways cool.

If you're in Berkley, check out Comic Relief.

http://www.comicrelief.net/photos/ph...taff-and-cats/

2026 Shattuck Ave.
      Berkeley, CA 94704
      (510) 843-5002
      info@comicrelief.net

I typically go to Jefferey Toys in San Francisco for my comic books since it's walking distance from my office. However, it's more of a boutique toy store that happens to sell comics.

685 Market St
      San Francisco, California 94103
      (415) 243-8697

There's Japan Town if you're interested in anime books.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

awesome guys, thanks a lot. Fleet week is amazing, I'm going to try and catch the Eagles vs 49ers this weekend. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be hitting up Comic Relief, and Japan Town. I'll try and hunt down Jefferey's too.

Comment

Not a problem. GO NINERS!!!
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I was just watching the Blue Angels practice from my firm's conference room.

Comment

what a great view, is that the bay bridge? I'll be hitting you up for a front row seat!!

Comment

Yup. That is the Bay Bridge.

My office building is right across from the Ferry Building looking at Treasure Island and the Bay Bridge. Unfortunately, the area where the Blue Angels perform their tricks aren't in view from my office. Center stage for the show is over by Alcatraz.

Comment

That's an awesome view. The Ferry Market is a MUST every time I go down to the city. Isn't there a sushi-tapas place right below your office? I'm not sure if I'm coming down this weekend or next now, I was trying to go see Mike Vick beat up the Niners, but I just don't care enough for Kevin Kolb to splurge on a ticket.

Comment

What an odd thing.
                    The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
                      What an odd thing.
                      ???

Comment

The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JAredLantern View Post
                          That's an awesome view. The Ferry Market is a MUST every time I go down to the city. Isn't there a sushi-tapas place right below your office? I'm not sure if I'm coming down this weekend or next now, I was trying to go see Mike Vick beat up the Niners, but I just don't care enough for Kevin Kolb to splurge on a ticket.
                          There a fusion japanese fusion resturant, Ozumo across the street.

Comment

Working...
                          X