SDCC 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDCC 2012

It won't start for another week but here is some news for next years 2012 Comic Con. Via comicsbeat.com

FUCK $150/175 for a 4day pass....

CI: SD is changing how they are selling their badges for next year’s show: instead of selling passes to the 2012 edition inside the convention center, sales are being moved to the Manchester Grand Hyatt, where pre-registration will be available Thursday through Sunday from 8 am to 11 am.

Pre-reg is only open to those holding 2011 badges. Next year’s con will be held July 12-15, 2012.*

“We’ve had a lot of discussion of selling badges, and to accommodate the demand we’ve moved it to the Douglas Pavillion at the Hyatt,” CCI Director of Marketing & PR David Glanzer told The Beat.

He confirmed that as they did last year, only a percentage of badges will go on sale at the show — some will be held back for later online sales. In addition, they may hold back some Preview Night badges — but it hasn’t been decided yet, he continued.

Preview night passes are traditionally only available to members who purchase a four-day pass; last year they sold out at the show.

Pricing is changing as well, he confirmed. “A four day pass used to be a discount from single day passes as an incentive to buy in advance. Obviously that doesn’t apply any more,” said Glanzer.

The new price structure is as follows:

4-day with Preview Night — $175
    4 day without Preview Night — $150
    4 day Junior ((ages 12–17) and Senior (60 and older) and military badges with previews night — $87
    Ditto without Preview Night — $75
    1-day pass — $40
    1 day pass for juniors, seniors and military — $20
    Sunday only — $23
    Sunday only juniors, seniors and military — $11

Still cheap!

* Please note this is a full WEEK earlier than usual! This means two things — the stress on shows earlier on the calendar like HeroesCon will be greater, and MAYBE just MAYBE we’ll be able to enjoy a little bit of summer after the show instead of barreling straight to Labor Day after a nap.

Damn a full week earlier too.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Not selling 2012 passes on preview nite will screw with everyone's plan for Thursday morning. With this crazy 8 am to 11 am time at the Manchester Hyatt you will have to put your logistics hat on to plan this on out and hope the system doesn't crash or glitch like it did last year!

Comment

"Still cheap" my ass! The 4-day Preview Night pass went from $105 to $175! WTF is "still cheap" about that?!?

They should offer some kind of discount for people that have attended for years. My name has been in their system since 2003. That should count for something, but I digress...

Since pre-registration starts at 8am, that might mean folks might start lining up at 6 because there is surely going to be a cut-off point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rody View Post
          Not selling 2012 passes on preview nite will screw with everyone's plan for Thursday morning. With this crazy 8 am to 11 am time at the Manchester Hyatt you will have to put your logistics hat on to plan this on out and hope the system doesn't crash or glitch like it did last year!
          Word!

I'll be in line for Hall H on Thursday morning. I didn't have any problems last year with the registration for 2011.

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
          "Still cheap" my ass! The 4-day Preview Night pass went from $105 to $175! WTF is "still cheap" about that?!?
          $175 is some major cash.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more!!!

Since pre-registration starts at 8am, that might mean folks might start lining up at 6 because there is surely going to be a cut-off point.
            I'll be there at 5am.

Comment

I was suppose to get up at 5:30am this morning, but didn't leave the hotel until 6:15am. Fortunately, Sylent got in line at that time and saved me about 200 people worth of spaces in line.

This was the line at 7:11am. You can see how it stretches and curves to the right. We're in the middle of the line for SDCC 2012 registration.

Once we got into the hotel, we were given two temp tickets to register.

This is a pic inside the registration room. They closed off the line about 8:30am.

We heard there an alotted amount of preview night passes each day of pre-registration. I estimate there were about 1500 people in line ahead of us, and everyone was purchase 4-day passes with preview night. When Sylent and I finished with our pre-registration preview night was about 90% sold out.

When exiting the the pre-registration room, I could hear all the people upset and frustated they could not get into the hall. One lady was crying. I talked to a few other people that waited in line this morning, and they said some people were so upset that preview night was sold out that they plan to camp out in line at that moment.

I heard the first person in line got there at 2am.

Good luck everyone!
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

i remember when it was 60 bucks for a 4 day pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                  i remember when it was 60 bucks for a 4 day pass.
                  thats not bad for 4 days.

i know its 25 for when i go to wizard world next moth just for a day
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I pretty much knew beforhand that this would turn into a clusterfest. Most people I talked to on preview nite planned on lining up around 5 to 6 so I made an effort to get there at 4 in the morning and was surprised to find only 140 people in front of me including some that camped overnite but this was all about timing. The flow picked up around 5 o'clock and was in full swing by 6. It was amazing to see the line grow from the back of the Hyatt all the way to the Hilton pass the convention center! Not sure how many thousands were back there but knew that anyone by the convention center would not sniff a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                      thats not bad for 4 days.

i know its 25 for when i go to wizard world next moth just for a day
                      I used to be able to volunteer same day and get in for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                        I used to be able to volunteer same day and get in for free.
                        how much do people even pay for tables to sell? i know when i went to c2e2 the guy who runs my shop said he payed 1000 bucks for his spot
                        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Misfitlantern or goatlantern would know more about that than me.

Comment

im glad i get a guest badge with my professional one. this is crazy.

http://www.twitter.com/TheOtherMarioC

Comment

Everyone in our group picked up there badge w/ preview night on Thursday. I also just booked the hotel I have been staying at for the last two cons. So all I need is parking. Damn it 11 more months.......

Comment

Working...
                              X