Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri-Valley Comic Book & Collectible Show April 21, 2012 (Pleasanton, CA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri-Valley Comic Book & Collectible Show April 21, 2012 (Pleasanton, CA)

http://www.toyhavoc.com/

Tri-Valley Comic Book & Collectible Show

Saturday April 21, 2012

Alameda County Fairgrounds - Hall of Commerce

Valley Avenue Gate 8 or 12, Pleasanton, CA 94566

General Admission 10 AM - 5 PM
    $5 Admission and Children under 12 Free

Fairground parking $8

I'll most likely be attending.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Cool! Another local show. If I'm not busy I might check it out. Is this the first one? If not anyone have any experience from last year? Any confirmed guests or names? (I can't get on facebook at work)

Comment

It sounds like a small show that you'd see in a mall so I doubt there would be any guests or celebrities, although I could be wrong.

I just might check this out... and no early bird is good. More deals to be had.

$8 Parking?!? That's more than admission! Are they going to wash my car too?

Comment

We're all athletic dudes. I think I'll find some free street parking and walk. I've been doing that when I visit HP Pavilion and when I go to the Tri-Star Sports Collector's show at the Cow Palace.

I know this is not exactly a fit for this board, but anyone going to that (Tri-Star) show this year?

Comment

I heard about this show via my local comic book store owner. He said this is like the 3rd or 4th show. I've never been to this before but I don't expect this to be a comic convention type of thing, but rather what Sylent suggested, which is a flea market type of event. If you have a flyer, it's $3 off admission. I'll see if I can get a few more flyers when I visit my LCS this weekend.

I'm old so I'll probably pay $8 for parking.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Thanks for posting our show on this message board. This is our 4th show. Our goal is to keep this a small con or show, the way they used to be. I know alot of people are getting tired of the Entertainment-Cons which are trying to do away with what a comic-con should be. If I had investors with deep pockets guests wouldn't be a problem. Our next show will be in October so if this show goes well we will try & get some guests.

We choose the Alameda County Fairgrounds because of the building sizes they have. Venues in this area with Free Parking are way to small.

So far we're at 40 dealers with 85+ tables. Tons of comics & toys & whatever pop-culture related items the dealers decide to bring.

MENTION GREEN LANTERN CORPS & GET $3 OFF GENERAL ADMISSION!!!!!!!

VENDOR SPACES STILL AVAILABLE ............ Dealers or anybody wanting to sell contact us today @ ed@toyhavoc.com, 10'X10' with 8' Table $30

Comment

Originally posted by ToyHavoc View Post
              MENTION GREEN LANTERN CORPS & GET $3 OFF GENERAL ADMISSION!!!!!!!
              Thanks for the discount for Green Lantrern Corps. I notice the website also has a coupon for $3 off.

http://www.toyhavoc.com/2.html

I will be attending the event.

Comment

Darth Primus, did you get the flyer from Fantasy Book & Games in Livermore?

Comment

Nope, but I use to shop at Fantasy Book & Games when I lived in Tracy. I picked up the flyer from Treasure Comics in Fremont. The owner has them displayed right in front the cash register, so you can't miss them.

Comment

Originally posted by ToyHavoc View Post
                    VENDOR SPACES STILL AVAILABLE ............ Dealers or anybody wanting to sell contact us today @ ed@toyhavoc.com, 10'X10' with 8' Table $30
                    Damn. If I had a couple of weeks to prepare, I would have been interested. Perhaps in October.

Comment

Yeah, $30 is not too shappy of a price to get a table.

Comment

Alex is one of our dealers & so is Bob with Fantasy, both great guys. Steve Wyatt of "Big Wow Comicfest will be here with his Island of Comics.
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-18-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Bob is a great guy?!? LOL! He's usually cool, but can definitely have his 'grumpy old man' moments. It was odd when Fantasy was closed for nearly 6 months.

A good friend of mine vowed to never go back into his store because he treated him poorly... and this is a guy that spent a good deal of money there. Bob gave me attitude one day because he was too busy doing nothing to check behind the counter for some cards so I didn't go back there for over a year.

Comment

I've never had a problem with him. Show's tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                              It sounds like a small show that you'd see in a mall so I doubt there would be any guests or celebrities, although I could be wrong.

I just might check this out... and no early bird is good. More deals to be had.

$8 Parking?!? That's more than admission! Are they going to wash my car too?
                              8 bucks is nothing for what we had to pay for at c2e2

it was 22 bucks for parking
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                              X