MorrisonCon - Sept 29-30, 2012, Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MorrisonCon - Sept 29-30, 2012, Las Vegas

Is anyone going to be attending this convention?

morrisoncon.com

PS. It starts off @ $500

I wish I could but the price tag is just too much for me. If it was between 180 to 200 I would pay it on top of flights and accommodation but it's just unworkable for me.

Lame
    Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Yeah, I was all for it until those prices were announced.

Comment

Morrison seems to be a little proud of his con at those prices.

Comment

If you read the FAQ it says It's going to be very small and intimate, 1000 people attending. I want to go because I'm curious how the venue is going to be handled. Plus I'd love a Frank Quitley sketch, but for that much I'd rather buy a page from one of his books.

Comment

MorrisonCon - Sept 29-30, 2012, Las Vegas

A Ticket will run you about $770.

Singularity Package - Visionary Pricing

In addition to unprecedented one-on-one access to our all-star roster of special guests, this package for you includes:

• Single Occupancy Room at the Hard Rock Hotel for the nights of September 28 and 29, 2012
            •Admission to MorrisonCon for one person including all panels & signings
            •HAPPY! from Image Comics - One Limited Edition MorrisonCon exclusive by Grant Morrison & Darick Robertson
            •After hours party at the Hard Rock Hotel Nightclub* featuring DJ sets by Grant Morrison and other special guests
            •Chris Burnham's Sunday Morning Hangover Breakfast & Sketch Jam
            •Deluxe Hardcover MorrisonCon Program Guide/Sketchbook

Q:

Why is MorrisonCon limited to only 10 special guests and only 1000 attendees?

A:

MorrisonCon was conceived as an intimate gathering of comic creators and their fans, so the attendance was kept deliberately small. While we are sure that Grant could name hundreds of comic creators that inspire him, and we could certainly find several thousand more fans who would want to meet him and his guests...by limiting the number of guests and attendees we can infuse MorrisonCon with a sense of something really unique, keep your interactions personal, and create an event that is truly memorable for us all.

Q:

Why are there "Packages" instead of tickets?

A:

If comic conventions were rock concerts, MorrisonCon is your all-access backstage pass and come with all the cool VIP extras those kind of package deals come with. We've conceived our packages with this inspiration in mind, only this concert and after-party lasts all weekend long.

In addition to MorrisonCon exclusives, your package gets you into all the talks, happenings, meet-ups, and after-hours parties. The Singularity and Polarity packages also include lodging for you at the palatial Hard Rock Hotel to help ensure that that you will never be more than stumbling distance from your fellow fans, our special guests, or your bed.
            Darth_Primus
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Darth_Primus; 06-27-2012, 06:16 PM.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I wish I could go.

Comment

I assume West is currently looking for all the money he can muster to make it out to this thing.
                [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

I didn't realize there were two threads for this. Merging...
                  [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                  DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
                    I assume West is currently looking for all the money he can muster to make it out to this thing.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X