No announcement yet.

Any Florida GL fans here ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be a regular at Acme when I lived in Apopka and my brother still goes every weekend. They are a great shop for comics but a little over priced on their action figures.

Comment

Originally posted by JMW326 View Post
      I used to be a regular at Acme when I lived in Apopka and my brother still goes every weekend. They are a great shop for comics but a little over priced on their action figures.
      They have never steered me wrong though so I'd recommend them over any other store. but they do over price somethings like DCSH figs they took in on trade are sitting there for 17 bucks. but GL DCD's are descent price unless you want an emerald shield then its 24.95 and they have like 18

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
        Is that a low Hurricane activity location? I assume the more inland you are the better chances of avoiding the worst of hurricanes.

I know the pay rate is lower down there to coincide with the lower cost of living. So I'm looking for decent paying jobs. I have three kids so I'd be looking for good school systems also.
        Seminole/ Lake mary is probably where you'd want to enroll kids the high school has put out alot of sucessfull people. as far as hurricane activity everyone gets it but its not as bad as coastal.

if you do come down here let me know and I'll be glad to show you around.

as far as jobs there are alot around i work for the local Telco Embarq Doing DSL for a good rate. they're are other things around too

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
          Seminole/ Lake mary is probably where you'd want to enroll kids the high school has put out alot of sucessfull people. as far as hurricane activity everyone gets it but its not as bad as coastal.

if you do come down here let me know and I'll be glad to show you around.

as far as jobs there are alot around i work for the local Telco Embarq Doing DSL for a good rate. they're are other things around too
          Thanks man. I'll definitely take your advice into consideration. I probably won't make it down there until after this spring or summer. My wife and I are expecting our third baby in late Feb/ early March. So it won't be until a while after that. We hope by next fall before the winter hits. So maybe this will be our last winter in New England! Ugh.

Comment

I stumbled across this for Florida members. I crash landed in the St. Pete / Tampa area a few years back. Decided to make it my base camp. I'm orginally from PA. I have to say the women sure are pretty down here.

Comment

You know they are tearing down that pier. I live in Tampa, I don't recomend it.
              Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Hey there...nice to meet ya!!!

The Pier...ugh I hated all the designs they came up with.

I think they should do The Pier in its original style.

Comment

MegaCon

I'm from Merritt Island. Is anyone going to Megacon this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                  X