My Micro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Deadpool
    Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

• Deadpool
    replied
    Dark lantern story. Also, thanks kid lantern, shall I post some pictures of micros with stubbles to give you a breif idea on how to do them?

Leave a comment:

• d3v1lb0y
    Red Lantern Black Ops

• d3v1lb0y
    replied
    when are you continuing the Dark Lantern Story??

Leave a comment:

• Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe

• Ωmega Man
    replied
    Stubble usually comes off looking like a beard, but I might give it a shot sometime later....

~KL~

Leave a comment:

• Deadpool

• Deadpool
    replied
    Fucking awesome work KL! How about that unshaven look that he sports now?

Leave a comment:

• Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe

• Ωmega Man
    replied
    Complete with the longer Kirkham hair....

New 52 Kyle -

~KL~

Leave a comment:

• Deadpool

• Deadpool
    replied
    I've used one once. I might give making a micro from scratch annother go!

Leave a comment:

• Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe

• Ωmega Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
    I do all my micros from copying someone elses.
    This is why it's hard to find a lot of the better micros out there. People get pretty pissed when somebody comes along and just edits one of their micros or "frankensteins" a bunch of micros into one and claims it as their own. Myself included.

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
    How do you start from scratch anyway, do you just use a template and get on with it?
    Yeah, I use templates. Biggest difference is though I don't share mine. I made it a point to make more proportionately accurate bases, that way it's easier to tell if my works are ripped off.

Find some bases and start from scratch. It's a longer process but nobody will get peeved if you post them claiming their yours. Its why I would've rather made you a Kyle micro than have you try to edit the Red Kyle I made for devilboy. I think another micro artist posted some bases here awhile back, IIRC they're still here on the first page of Fan Works....

~KL~

Leave a comment:

• Deadpool

• Deadpool
    replied
    Ok. I do all my micros from copying someone elses. How do you start from scratch anyway, do you just use a template and get on with it?

Leave a comment:

• Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe

• Ωmega Man
    replied
    I do my best work starting from scratch. I'm not one for just editing somebody else's micro LOL

~KL~

Leave a comment:

• Deadpool

• Deadpool
    replied
    I've started to make one, but i've only changed the black to this dark green colour, altered the hair slightly, changed the gloves from white to green, made the gloves and boots taler like they are in the film, and replaced the white in the symbol and eyed for this whitish green. I'll try and post it here to get you started, all you'd need to do is sort out the lines and the face a bit. Maybe you'd need to make some other changes.

[EDIT]: Ok, so here's what i've done so far, I can't do the lines though.
    Deadpool
    Last edited by Deadpool; 05-12-2012, 09:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe

• Ωmega Man
    replied
    I had made one a while ago for a movie themed RPG I was gonna try.... but then the movie bombed and I lost the files on my old computer. I might try making another one later on, but I remember the last one took me quite a bit longer to make with the special effect....

~KL~

Leave a comment:

• Deadpool

• Deadpool
    replied
    I can imagine that design looked better on paper than on a micro. Well made, but the design is a bit...............well just not Kyle.
    Also kid lantern, I have a request. Can you do a Hal Jordan GL as he apeared in the movie? I made a thread that requested it yesterday, but no-one's replied.

Leave a comment:

• Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe

• Ωmega Man
    replied
    New Kyle's with different neck pieces, based off of another design I was working with for a Power Rangers knock-off I made for an RPG....

~KL~

Leave a comment:

• Deadpool

• Deadpool
    replied
    I'm not as big on micros as those emticons you did. I did a thread on them called "Emoticons II: Personal Request Thread" after Emoticons I was closed. And I also did a blog entry called "More Emoticons!" that has every emoticon ever made. Same with my signiture.

Leave a comment:

• Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe

• Ωmega Man
    replied
    My laptop is actually in the shop right now, haven't had a chance to hammer one out yet. Also, in the future make yourself a micro thread. Sometimes it seems like my micro thread is just "the" micro thread. And if you have an idea to tweak one of my micros run it by me to tweak instead of just reworking it yourself. I had to get on to a guy on an rpg site who was taking parts of my micros and frankensteining them onto his stuff and recoloring them and claiming they were his originals.

When I get my computer back the next New 52 micros will be Ronnie and Jason as Firestorms as well as Pozhar, Captain Atom, and updated GL's Hal and Sinestro.

~KL~

Leave a comment:

Working...
X