Alien vs predator needs a r remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post

What about scream 1 , 4, 5? Setting is always woodsboro. 6 will be in nyc wich im glad we are getting a new setting. Theres even mention this will be the first scream set in snow
    And if the ONLY thing new in Scream 6 is the setting, yes, that's just a gimmick. Like when Friday the 13th did the same thing... gimmick. Simply plugging a random Predator into different time periods is fairly creatively bankrupt if we're not learning or seeing new things about the Predator.

"Guys, we need an idea for Predator 14! Quick, what's a historical setting we haven't done yet?"

Gimme a break.

Comment

No to billy the kid because i hate westerns. Set it during the spartan age. Basically 300 vs predator
      Your proving our point for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

And if the ONLY thing new in Scream 6 is the setting, yes, that's just a gimmick. Like when Friday the 13th did the same thing... gimmick. Simply plugging a random Predator into different time periods is fairly creatively bankrupt if we're not learning or seeing new things about the Predator.

"Guys, we need an idea for Predator 14! Quick, what's a historical setting we haven't done yet?"

Gimme a break.
        How would you do it different? Seriously im curious
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Have they done one where its a creature in training. No advanced weaponry, just him and his knowledge of fighting?

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
            Have they done one where its a creature in training. No advanced weaponry, just him and his knowledge of fighting?
            You mean actuality teaching a predator to be a hunter? I need more so i can respond better

Comment

You mean actuality teaching a predator to be a hunter? I need more so i can respond better
              Yeah basically. Dropping him off with nothing but his wits and he has to figure out how to kill whatever apex predator his mission is for.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post

Yeah basically. Dropping him off with nothing but his wits and he has to figure out how to kill whatever apex predator his mission is for.
                Wasnt it established though predators usually advance themselves and there technology based on if they succeed or die? I maybe thinking of his arcade ending from mkx but i thought it was established in film no?
                TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 08-16-2022, 08:04 PM.

Comment

How would you do it different? Seriously im curious
                  I think it's time we got to know more about them from the inside. Let's take the ending of AVP (the original comic) where Machiko earned the respect of Broken Tusk and was taken aboard a Predator ship for a good while for hunts right alongside them. That'd be neat. Call it "Predator: Safari" and it can be about a human trying to keep up with them, learning their ways, etc. Also we're due for a visit to the Predator homeworld, and a glimpse at how their society works.

Comment

I think it's time we got to know more about them from the inside. Let's take the ending of AVP (the original comic) where Machiko earned the respect of Broken Tusk and was taken aboard a Predator ship for a good while for hunts right alongside them. That'd be neat. Call it "Predator: Safari" and it can be about a human trying to keep up with them, learning their ways, etc. Also we're due for a visit to the Predator homeworld, and a glimpse at how their society works.
                    Predator version of Full House. Lets see their home life. What do they do when they arent hunting. Retired predator with a dad bod working on his project car.

Comment

Predators homeworld was done with Adrian brody. People shit on that film but i liked it.

Comment

Here's an elevator pitch: "DUTCH." Arnold gets plucked away from Earth by Predators and taken to their homeworld. There he is honored as like a celebrity, having defeated their strongest Predator in the first movie. While he is being honored, though, he notices some kind of injustices going on there. Like, maybe the lower Predator caste is in full-blown slavery, or something. So Arnold leads (or at least helps) an uprising all the while learning how to use Predator tech to stay alive. Maybe Danny Glover, Adrian Brody and Boyd Holbrook were similarly brought to the Predator homeworld and can team up with Arnold along the way.

Or, you know, we get a rando Predator vs. some cowboys in the wild west or whatever. Cat and mouse, Predator is killed at the end, blah blah, rinse and repeat.

Predators homeworld was done with Adrian brody. People shit on that film but i liked it.
                        That wasn't their homeworld. That was just a game preserve planet of the hick Predators.

Though we have had a PEEK at the Predator homeworld in the opening of AVP:R. Not good enough.

Comment

Here's an elevator pitch: "DUTCH." Arnold gets plucked away from Earth by Predators and taken to their homeworld. There he is honored as like a celebrity, having defeated their strongest Predator in the first movie. While he is being honored, though, he notices some kind of injustices going on there. Like, maybe the lower Predator caste is in full-blown slavery, or something. So Arnold leads (or at least helps) an uprising all the while learning how to use Predator tech to stay alive. Maybe Danny Glover, Adrian Brody and Boyd Holbrook were similarly brought to the Predator homeworld and can team up with Arnold along the way.

Or, you know, we get a rando Predator vs. some cowboys in the wild west or whatever. Cat and mouse, Predator is killed at the end, blah blah, rinse and repeat.

That wasn't their homeworld. That was just a game preserve planet of the hick Predators.

Though we have had a PEEK at the Predator homeworld in the opening of AVP:R. Not good enough.
                          Never saw avpr so i cant really comment. Is it even worth a 1 time watch or hard pass? I feel like the first one had some decent ideas but it became to goofy afterward

Comment

Never saw avpr so i cant really comment. Is it even worth a 1 time watch or hard pass? I feel like the first one had some decent ideas but it became to goofy afterward
                            It is best to really temper your expectations with AVPR. It's R-rated and there's some decent gore in it... but it's not like a quality movie or anything. Worth checking out if you're an Alien and Predator fan, of course, just be ready to see some dodgy stuff from time to time. For example, I'm pretty sure a couple shots in the movie it's literally just guys just off-camera leaning forward an Alien head to make it look like an Alien is peeking around the corner. Definitely a very ruthless movie, though. Also, it introduces the Yutani Corporation.

Off-topic, but one of my biggest gripes about the Predator movies is how they kind of abandoned the Predators' speech parroting tech. There was a lot of it in Predator 1 and 2, then it was like completely forgotten about. It's not in Prey, either.

Comment

It is best to really temper your expectations with AVPR. It's R-rated and there's some decent gore in it... but it's not like a quality movie or anything. Worth checking out if you're an Alien and Predator fan, of course, just be ready to see some dodgy stuff from time to time. For example, I'm pretty sure a couple shots in the movie it's literally just guys just off-camera leaning forward an Alien head to make it look like an Alien is peeking around the corner. Definitely a very ruthless movie, though. Also, it introduces the Yutani Corporation.

Off-topic, but one of my biggest gripes about the Predator movies is how they kind of abandoned the Predators' speech parroting tech. There was a lot of it in Predator 1 and 2, then it was like completely forgotten about. It's not in Prey, either.
                              See for me its not about just the gore. For me its really the suspense and story . Till this day i havent watched all the saw fikms. Just the first 2. I heard 3 through 9 is just all gore zero story. Suspense imo was the biggest thing missing from the first avp. Can anyone say they felt creeped out or claustrophobic like they did with the first 2 alien films?
                              TazzMission
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by TazzMission; 08-16-2022, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Can anyone say they felt creeped out or claustrophobic like they did with the first 2 alien films?
                                I would hope that claustrophobic wouldn't always be the goal in every Alien movie, so there's that.

About the Saw movies, they're not for everybody and a couple of them aren't the best, but the longer they went with them the more clever I found them to be. And yes, there's plenty of story. By the last ones pre-Jigsaw, it was starting to get a bit convoluted but still very engaging. Like, the Jigsaw guy dies in the third movie, but all the ones after that are his apprentices, and/or games he set up before his death.

Comment

Working...
                                X