• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color

• Mister Ed
    replied
    Until Takei expressed his disapproval, I was SURE this would mean that any future novels set in the original timeline would make a point of retconning Sulu as gay, but now I'm not so sure. At this point, I expect that they might just avoid the issue altogether. After all, even in the novels it was never all that common for them to have any kind of romantic interest for Sulu. If they simply avoid making that a focus, they can let the readers perceive him however they wish.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    ^Funny, I just said the same thing to someone today. Obviously, from the press releases, we know they intended them to be a couple, but all he does is half hug him. He could easily be a brother if they decided to ignore the retcon. As I suggested below, it's not a big deal to me, but it's annoying that they ignored the wishes of the actor they were supposedly honoring.

If it does stick, maybe somehow the destruction of the Kelvin made Sulu gay in the new continuity. Since Takei himself has now said the original Sulu was never gay, I'm going with that.

Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 07-23-2016, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IonFan
    Forum Member

• IonFan
    replied
    i know i'm gonna get heat for this BUT

Sulu isn't gay

he never talked about his lover, they never kissed, and cause their/there/they're of the same race they could be "very close" brothers for all we know

back in the 60's ST had the balls to have a white man kiss a black women but in 2016 they didn't have the balls to have 2 guys kissing, that says something people

if your gonna do something at least have the guts and have him kiss his lover otherwise a future write can do away with it

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Dan cover covers outrageous Trek fan theories:

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Leave a comment:

• Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color

• Mister Ed
    replied
    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    I recall thinking I was going to do it that way, but ended up with some frankenstein order like ENT, TAS, DS9, TNG with TOS interspersed throughout (because I had them on BD and because I'm most familiar with them).
    Well, you'll likely be getting a visit from the Department of Temporal Investigations, then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X