Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What an asshole Gene has turned into! They are determined to make me hate the guy on his way out. You dont threaten Carol Burnette you pos!!!!

    Seriously though, this was a fantastic episode. Gilligan wrote and directed this one right? Seems appropriate being the penultimate episode of the entire series. Now all we have is the final episode and I dont expect Gene to get far. Death, escape or prison are the basic 3 outcomes. It's looking like prison at the moment but who the hell knows? I certainly don't.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      What an asshole Gene has turned into! They are determined to make me hate the guy on his way out. You dont threaten Carol Burnette you pos!!!!

      Seriously though, this was a fantastic episode. Gilligan wrote and directed this one right? Seems appropriate being the penultimate episode of the entire series. Now all we have is the final episode and I dont expect Gene to get far. Death, escape or prison are the basic 3 outcomes. It's looking like prison at the moment but who the hell knows? I certainly don't.
      The preview for 13 shows what LOOKS like Saul's age-ravaged old vehicle where we last saw it by the Mexican border, so maybe he does get somewhere. By the sound of him, though, he sounds like he's been mortally wounded or something.

      + YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

      Comment


      • I assume next episode is the final? Theres A lot to unpack here . Should there be a poll on if saul dies or gets arrested?
        .................................................. ..........................

        Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          I assume next episode is the final? Theres A lot to unpack here .
          There is and there isn't. It's just Gene's last play and "Will Kim allow herself to be happy, somehow?" And sadly, about the happiest ending we can expect is Saul is prison and Kim visiting him. Meh.

          I'm a little disappointed it doesn't look like Bill Burr/Cubi is ever going to show up. That was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to in the show.

          Comment


          • Yeah like Andrew mentioned, everything is wrapped up for every character leaving just the endings of Saul and maybe not even Kim. Her story seems done now that she's trying to atone for her sins. But they could bring her back do do something. There's probably going to be a solid hour again leaving aside commercials, so not a lot of time for dramamatic 180s or soul searching moments.

            I wonder if Saul will be on the run for the whole episode and meet his fate at the end? Or he gets caught during or after a cold open and the bulk of the episode deals with him facing the legal system? I think he will call the vacuum disappearer guy but not get any help because he's too hot, doesnt have access to his money, or they flat out say he's dead now. The preview with the rusted car in Mexico could simply be a cold open of authorities recovering it as they strengthen their case against Saul.

            Comment


            • Death, prison or escape. Those are the basic 3 outcomes.

              I would guess escape is almost certainly NOT happening because he already escaped at the end of BB and this show is showing us how he refuses to learn his lesson and is incapable of living a quiet life out of trouble because the excitement is how Saul deals with his problems. There's no point having him escape because we know he will continue this path and repeat his downfall.

              Death can happen any number of ways; death by cop, in a hail of bullets in a standoff, suicide, or even a car crash or some kind of Thelma And Louise like send off.

              The other is prison and even THAT could play a few ways. They can have a sad prison ending where hes left to rot. They could depict Saul as being treated like a king by the inmates because of the help he provides with his new legal defense hustle he offers on the inside. Or we could even see a huge tine jump taking us to 2022 or whenever to show Saul released from prison after serving his time. Hell, they could even have Kim waiting for him outside the prison gates and they drive off into the sunset. That last one seems too happy but if they play it right it could work.

              Comment


              • I've read people suggest this one might be the big trial of Saul Goodman. At first I didn't see it but... maybe? And it'd make sense to bookend things with courtroom goings on. They already setup that that bald prosecutor guy is now doing criminal defense.

                Like a big lavish trial with Saul taking the stand with flashbacks to behind-the-scenes of Breaking Bad. We know there's at least one big Walt and Saul scene coming because Cranston said it was.

                Comment


                • Damn... tonight is the end. Looking forward to it and dreading it. The episode's title is "Saul Gone."

                  Comment


                  • Rewatching breaking bad and about to start The final season. Im a little confused because a few episodes of bcs seem like during some bb episodes
                    .................................................. ..........................

                    Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                      Rewatching breaking bad and about to start The final season. Im a little confused because a few episodes of bcs seem like during some bb episodes
                      Better Call Saul is a prequel, side-quel, and sequel to Breaking Bad. Whole episodes of this season are set after Breaking Bad, with lots of short scenes of what was happening during Breaking Bad.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

                        Better Call Saul is a prequel, side-quel, and sequel to Breaking Bad. Whole episodes of this season are set after Breaking Bad, with lots of short scenes of what was happening during Breaking Bad.
                        Gotcha
                        .................................................. ..........................

                        Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                        Comment


                        • Nice how they tied things up. I do feel a little cheated though
                          .................................................. ..........................

                          Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                          Comment


                          • It was well written and telegraphed but... I'm not overall very pleased. Clearly the writers room decided at some point, "We can't leave even a little bit of dirt on Saul, he has to come out of this completely clean" so they decided on prison.

                            Lame. I could rattle off a number of better or at least more "pleasing" endings than this.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X