This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
    That seems to be the case with a lot of horror films these days. I couldn't tell if Evil Dead was supposed to be scary or a comedy. Same with this new Carrie.
    I assume you're talking about the remake? If so I wouldn't call it either. It's just a fun splatter horror film.

The best unintentionally funny horror film has to be the Wicker Man remake.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

That's not the real trailer, but it might as well be. Never seen such an unintentionally funny film tbh. I was laughing through most of it.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Lilo and Stitch (2002)

"We are professionals. ... Hey! Get that out of your mouth!"

Finally got around to seeing this after hearing it was one of Disney's better entries of the last decade or so. And it was. Funny and good. Are the sequels any good?
      They are okayish, but nowhere as good as the first one.

Comment

• Bloodrayne: The Third Reich (2010)

"Guten tag, mother f**kers."

Comment

• Crystal Lake Memories

A very good, and extensive documentary on the entire Friday the 13th franchise. I had received it in the mail Monday, but finally finished it yesterday due to not wanting to burn thru it in one sitting. The doc was made by the same people who did the Never Sleep Again doc on the entire Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, so the format is similar. But yeah, if you are a fan of the franchise, and like a long documentary, this is definitely worth a look!

Comment

• I'll have to check that out.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

"How we approach death is at least as important as how we approach life."

This was just a good, fun old revenge/adventure film. Montalban certainly had some truly great moments, and Shatner, Nimoy, and the old gang had the flair they made people fall in love with. I think one of the best was Kirstie Alley as Saavik, though: not only was she incredibly beautiful, but her character allowed for some great playings-off by the others at times. I'm honestly glad that she made it all the way; that's something that wouldn't happen nowadays because of this extreme need to punish the heroes excessively with loss.

And yes, I was moved by Spock.
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The Lost Boys (1987)

"You don't have to beat me, Michael, you just have to keep up."

Comment

• Glen or Glenda (1953)

"Only the infinity of the depths of man's mind can really tell the story."

Today is the 60th anniversary of Ed Wood's first feature, so I "had to" watch it again.

Comment

• Comment

• Rango (2011)

"No man can walk out of his own story."

Not bad but not great. The story was so-so and predictable. Some of the animation was great (like the desert sunset).

Comment

• Taken 2

This was a straight forward suspense thriller, which is refreshing as alot of today's thrillers are too convoluted in it's plot. Good performance all around.

3.5/5
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                        The best unintentionally funny horror film has to be the Wicker Man remake.

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

That's one I haven't ever gotten around to. From what I heard they dropped most of the cool elements from the first.
                        The other like that I haven't gotten around to is Wanted. I can't believe they even thought about adapting that comic without super-powered villains. That's about as logical as adapting The Godfather but taking away the mafia part.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Lex Luthor View Post
                            Crystal Lake Memories
                            That sounds good and perfect timing to mention it since I'm watching those films now.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

That's one I haven't ever gotten around to. From what I heard they dropped most of the cool elements from the first.
                            It's been a while since I've watched the original, but I think the only part that was the same, was the end, but that's when the bee's come and you will be laughing till the end credits by that point.

Not as bad as reviews suggest. However it was still weak compared to other sci-fi's this year, well behind Oblivion and Elysium.
                            Frank Castle
                            Alpha-Lantern
                            Last edited by Frank Castle; 09-24-2013, 12:18 PM.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Prisoners - Great movie. Even though you could tell where it was going with obvious clues. Everyone in this was pretty good too.

Comment

• Dracula's Widow (1988)

Comment

Working...
                                X