• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
    You got to meet Sandra Bullock?!!!!?!??
    Lucky
    Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
    Wait, what bad experience at SDCC?
    I was almost floored when he elaborated on the experience. Hopefully, he'll tell the story. It's entertaining.

Comment

• 50 Dead Men Walking (2008)

"We all have murder in us."

This was a good movie about a Northern Irish guy who turns informant for the British in order to save lives. The title refers to the notion that people are alive (dead men walking) because of these guys' work. Interesting stuff. Neither the IRA nor the British Police (or especially not MI5) come off as particularly honorable.

Corpse Bride (2005)

"Sounds spooky."

Seemed like a good Halloween-time movie.

The Man from Earth (2007)

"I'm going home and watch Star Trek for a dose of sanity."

An excellent philosophical movie. The whole movie is just one guy (about to move on) telling his co-workers from a college that he's 14,000 years. The whole movie is their conversation including speculations biological, historical, religious, and existential. It sounds boring, but it wasn't. The writer was a well-known TV sci-fi writer and this was his last work.

Dead and Breakfast (2004)

"I would love to go with, you all, but I've got to stay here and protect the records. It's my job."

Goofy, semi-schlocky possession-style zombie flick. Guest appearance by David Carradine. I've seen it before, but anyway, it's fairly funny and entertaining.

Monster Squad (1987)

"Creature stole my twinkie!"
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 10-26-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Flash Gordon (1980)

"Has anyone ever trusted her twice?"

Man, this film is great. Call me a horn dog, but I love the costumes the women wear: skimpy yes, but colorful and certainly creative.

Aside from that, the film is fun, humorous, and a textbook example of heroism and villainy. Music is fucking amazing, thanks to Queen kicking all kinds of ass.

Can't recommend this highly enough.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Millennium (1989)

"Louise: Your mother was a cash register!
          Sherman [the robot]: And she turned a tidy profit. "

Fun and weird movie. In the future, life sucks from pollution and what not so the now sterile people go back in time and pluck people from air disasters just before they would die to repopulate the earth. Cheryl Ladd plays time agent Louise and Kris Kristofferson plays the accident investigator who runs into her in 1989.

The Changeling (1980)

"That house is not fit to live in. No one's been able to live in it. It doesn't want people."

Haunted house mystery. Forgot I saw this (probably a few years ago), but it's still pretty good.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
          Flash Gordon (1980)
          "Has anyone ever trusted her twice?"
          Man, this film is great. . .
          I love that movie. Fun fact: Brian Blessed (who played king of the hawk people) once visited the Queen at Buckingham Palace. He said she confessed the whole royal family were fans of Flash Gordon and requested he say the line "Flash Gordon is alive!"

Comment

• Comment

• Death Machine (1994)

"I showed him my thing. It killed him."

Highlander (1986)

"From the Dawn of Time we came, moving silently down through the centuries. Living many secret lives. Struggling to reach the Time of the Gathering, when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you ... until now."

[I usually watch this (my favorite movie) on this night of the year (if not more often).]
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 10-28-2013, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• The Collection (2012)

"Promise?"

Comment

• Saw Gravity over the weekend. Great movie, good use of 3D. My son actually pointed out to me something that I hadn't registered, which is that the first several minutes are all one continuous shot. He thought that was very cool.

I mean, sure, it was almost certainly not actually SHOT all at one go, given the effects-heavy nature of the film, but it was seamless, no cuts.

After he pointed that out, I realized that there were actually several points in the film where there were extended sequences with no cuts. I think it really enhanced the notion (as did the 3D) that you were experiencing this along with the main character.

Comment

• That's Cuaron's style for sure. Children of Men used a lot of continuous shots.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• The Dark Hours (2005)

"Never!"

It was fairly interesting but as the comments on Netflix suggested, if you're remotely paying attention the "twist" is predictable.

Comment

• This is the End- This has some humorous moments, but would probably be enjoyed best with a group of buds, alcohol and recreational drugs. Overall, I thought it was just okay, while most of my friends loved it.

Sylent_Asassin
                          Black Lantern
                          Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 10-28-2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                            This is the End- This has some humorous moments, but would probably be enjoyed best with a group of buds, alcohol and recreational drugs. Overall, I thought it was just okay, while most of my friends loved it.
                            Which tells me that you were the designated driver.

Comment

• Necessary Evil: Super Villains of DC Comics

Decent documentary examining more of the psychology of the villains found in the DCU. The presentation reminded me alot of the Batman villains section found in the Batman Psychology doc that was put out during the time The Dark Knight was playing in theaters.

Comment

• “You were electrocuted by a Giant Moth. That kind of thing will scramble your brain right good." -- Boxer (in Godzilla #6)

Comment

Working...
                                X