Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Retribution- The more RE movies they make, the worse they get. This was like watching someone play the video game- At first, all the mindless action is kind of cool, but then you become bored from lack of substance and can't wait for it to end... and all these movies end the same way.

Comment

• Gas-s-s-s (1970)

"If they take the 17th hole, the 15 and 16th will fall soon after."

When a military accident kills everyone over 25, a group of hippies makes for a pueblo utopia but will have to deal with such fascists as Hell's Angels golfers and jock rapists. A surreal, sometimes funny satire.

Three Extremes (2004)
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 01-29-2013, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• The Dictator (2012)

"What are civil rights?
        "I'll tell you later. They're hilarious."

Very funny. So many great lines, I had trouble picking a quote. Sasha Baron Cohen is a fantastic actor. John C. Reilly was also a welcome sight.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Had to see this for a film analysis class in college. Still a very effective movie.

Comment

• Hellgate (1989)

Another movie I have no good excuse for finishing. Unintellligible plot. Horrible acting. And I find that claim hard to believe since the effects (unlike in Hellraiser) sucked. At one point I was wondering why did they cut from the blonde jock to what looks like a gray-haired dummy, soon realizing it was supposed to be the same guy for a decapitation scene. In general, they held on to all the FX scenes way too long making it abundantly clear how they were done.

The Feeding (2006)

I could say much the same for this movie except I knew I'd finish it because I have this rather stupid rule (that has come back to bite me in the @$$ more than once) that if a werewolf movie is available to watch, I will watch it. This is bottom of the barrel stuff, though I suppose there are 1 or 2 a little lower in that barrel.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 01-29-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Magic Mike

About 5-10 minutes into this film, I found it Munn-derful.
              Darth_Primus
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Darth_Primus; 01-29-2013, 11:31 PM.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Finally saw The Hobbit. I enjoyed it, but still feel it would have been better as two movies without all the extra padding. I thought the addition of the antagonist for Thorin was a bad idea, too. It's a distraction, and really adds nothing to the story the movie SHOULD be telling, of the quest to retake the Lonely Mountain. And, unlike the bits dealing with the Necromancer (which I also feel are a distraction from the main story, and which were, IMHO, very poorly integrated into the flow of the film) which were at least addressed in some form by Tolkien elsewhere, the Azog subplot is created from whole cloth (such a character exists in Tolkien's writings, but he WAS long dead by the time of the Hobbit, beheaded in the battle shown in flashback in the movie, and not even by Thorin).

Comment

• Faust: Love of the Damned (2001)

Comment

• Actually not bad at all. Some heartwarming and funny moments in fact. James isn’t bad in the lead role.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Making my way through about-to-expire Instant Netflix movies again, so it's been ecclectic. A fun, if standard, actioner. But if you can't have fun watching Mickey Rourke vs. a coked up and painted Danny Trejo, well, we're very different people.
                        Sorry, Space Cop...I prefer my Point Blank with Mr. Marvin in it.

Comment

• :Moderator:

True Romance. I"ve had this movie for years but never watched it. What a fool I was. Great movie, lots of fun. Gary Oldman played a wicked character, I"ve been trying to mimic his voice ever since :P

sigpic
                          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• Tales from the Darkside (1990)

Debra Harry (that's right) is a cannibal about to cook a little boy when he goes all Arabian Nights on her and tells her 3 horror tales from her own book. Pretty fun. One is adapted from Doyle and another is Romero's version of a Stephen King story. Much more fun than the last 4 horror flicks I watched.

Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
                            Sorry, Space Cop...I prefer my Point Blank with Mr. Marvin in it.
                            I quite possibly would too, but haven't seen it. He had a small part (very young) in that romantic comedy (We're Not Married) I watched the other day. I'm more of a John Wayne fan than Lee Marvin, but he was pretty cool.

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                            True Romance. I"ve had this movie for years but never watched it. What a fool I was. Great movie, lots of fun. Gary Oldman played a wicked character, I"ve been trying to mimic his voice ever since :P
                            He's such a great baddie, isn't he? I need to watch that again.

Comment

• Ted- If you like Family Guy, you'll like this brand of raunchy comedy. I thought it was funny, but a bit over the top in spots... and Mila Kunis is growing on me, although she needs to ease off brow pencil bit.

Comment

• Movie 43 - Had some funny moments, but some really boring ones. Especially the one after the credits with Elizabeth Banks, who I love. I'd rather watch Valentines Day and New Year's Eve anyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X